We have recently returned from a holiday in Dubai and stayed at The Palace Hotel. On arrival we were booked in very speedily and upgraded to a Palace Suite which was excellent and had a wonderful view of the Fountains. The Hotel itself is a beautiful place and in pristine condition (lovely lobby and lots of twinkling lights). The staff within the hotel are attentive and the breakfast buffet was good with a wide choice. (Not sure if the breakfast is worth the extra cost to the room - 250 AED per day per couple) and I imagine you can get a much cheaper breakfast of equal quality outside of the hotel. The only other meal we ate here was poolside and this is where I feel the Hotel let itself down. We ordered a meal off the pool menu which was extremely poor (a chicken caesar salad which was limp and unappetising and looked as if it had been thrown together from left over poor quality ingredients) and nachos which were stale. This may have been a one off but it came as a surprise from a 5 star hotel. The service around the pool was poor also. Having said that the rest of the staff at this Hotel (especially the room cleaning staff) were lovely and polite). The location of the Hotel and its surroundings are great and the only downside is that it is not near a beach (I did'nt think this would be an issue when we booked it but having visited the Jumeirah Beach area we discovered the beaches are wonderful and decided next time we would choose a Hotel on the beach). Overall this is a wonderful hotel let down a little by the pool (which is small) and the pool food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai