We arrived quite early due to an red eye flight from Jo'burg. Warm welcome at reception, hot towels, plush surroundings and wow the beautiful aroma when you first walk through the main reception - it shall forever remind me of Dubai if I get a chance to sniff it again. First off, very professional staff. As it was so early our room was not ready but we grabbed something to eat in the amazing buffet restaurant downstairs and then retired to the pool lounge area until we were called.
Breakfast was amazing, huge selection and really really fresh. You can be as healthy or unhealthy as you like. I had Cadbury buttons on my crepes (along with choc sauce) so it was a particularly indulgent start to the day.
Room was large, spacious, modern and we loved it. Had a view of the lake and if we strained our heads around the corner we could just about make out the dancing fountain.
We were on our honeymoon so when we returned to the room after Dinner in the amazing Indego by Vineet later on that night the bed was covered in petals, fresh bath had been ran (with petals) sparking fig drink chilling on ice + a chocolate cake. It was a lovely touch and we were chuffed.
Gym is really modern and personally this is important to me when travelling, even when on honeymoon.
Close to the Dubai mall, Souk and other major attractions. Very well placed.
Overall a super stay. Yes, drinks are expensive but it seems to be the same throughout Dubai. Service is really stellar and the staff are genuine.
I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai