The hotel is beautiful but service is poor. It seems staff arent told to say hello to guests unless they look rich and want to spend lots of money. this was our second destination and what a change it was. coming from the maldives where they are high on hospitality, the palace was a disappointment. two days of our breakfast we were told we couldnt sit outside to eat although there was seating available and two sets of guests were seated outside after we asked. not sure why?! when we got to the hotel we had to wait a hell of a long time to even get to our room and no-one apologised for the wait. it just seemed that we didnt matter. location was good, 5 min walk to the mall. breakfast was tasty, alot of choice, bed was extremely comfortable. all in all, an average stay for an expensive hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai