Palace Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,959 results
All reviewsfountain viewburj khalifaasadosouk al baharewaan restaurantdubai fountainfountain showdiplomatic suitethai restauranttallest building in the worldrose petalsamazing locationour honeymoonbreakfast buffetupgraded to a suitewonderful hotelafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We were very dissatisfied with the check out manageress as she added an extra person in our 2 rooms. .
There was breakfast added on the bill which we had already pre paid for. We found her very rude when we tried to correct her. The bill was changed 3 times before it was correct. We were also given the wrong information at check in for our return of deposit.

• Stayed: December 2012
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you faced during the checkout process. I understand your frustration and we will certainly look into the situation for further improvement.

I hope you will honor us with an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

luxury and relaxed hotel i really enjoyd staying there although its expensive but it worth it dont forget to take the fountain view room the most thing i like about this hotel that its just 5 min far from dubai mall ( on foot )

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

We truly appreciate your kind comment following your stay with us. It is a real pleasure to know that we made happy another guest while visiting Dubai.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights we had the the palace suite with the lake view.the hotel is a 5* hotel and they try to treat every guest in the same manner.

I was not impressed with the view our room had. I would request the fountain view if I stayed here again.

The hotel has an amazing location. Close to the kalifa, mall and some amazing eating joint close by. For Canadians there is a Timmies about 10 min or less walk

The hotel staff tries really hard but I think they are not trained well to understand the profile of 5* travelers. Had some issues there but it did not ruin my holiday spirit.

Room service is nice and the presentation of the food is good and so is the quality and quantity. Great number of choices for a 24 hr room service (this is expected of a 5* hotels in this part of the world). I wish they had more vegetarian choices. Some items may not be available even though its on the menu. This was a surprise.

Breakfast is good too with lots to choose from but again if you walk to the market close to the hotel you can have even more options.

We tried the Thai restaurant and liked the food. We are vegetarian and they did their best to accommodate us.

The buffet lunch not worth for vegetarians.

I think management should be more involved to know their guest better especially if you are staying for 5 days or more. I have been in hotels were services are much more personalized to make your stay more memorable .

The television and the programs/ channels are really bad. For the class of hotel and the room this was very sad. I can't believe that they have not changed this.

Housekeeping is nice and they do a good job in keeping your room clean and making sure the supplies are well stocked.

Will we back? I am not sure . for some more $ i may try to find some other hotel that will appreciate our business more.

Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the location and food that we serve and at the same time I regret to read that being a vegetarian the variety of dishes was not wide enough. Your detailed comments and constructive feedback are very much considered to enhance our guests’ experience.

Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed at the palace for two nights as the last segment of my honeymoon.

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by guest relations and seated in the lobby where our passports were taken for check in while we were offered welcome drinks. Very nice touch. However, the wait was a bit lengthy as they had to find us a vacant suite despite it being 2 pm.

The suite was superb by all standards. This has to be the most luxurious hotel room I have been in so far. Large and extremely well furnished and appointed. Two seperate bathrooms caught my attention. A nice touch was the "take away" variety of coffee cups along with the mugs in case you wish to take your coffee with you outside the room. Very thoughtful.

We left the room immediately and returned at 2 am to find that our bags haven't made it to the room. I rushed to the reception downstairs to complain and the front desk employee, manager on duty, and bell service staff were all very concerned and sincere in their efforts to locate my luggage. It was found in the luggage holding area because the bell service staff that collected the luggage from the car failed to tag them or give me a luggage ticket. The bags were sent to my room promptly and nothing was missing or damaged. So a problem did happen but it was solved promptly and in a favorable way which will have me rate this hotel as " excellent". Here is a quick pros vs. cons breakdown.

Pros:
Superb hospitality by all staff
Lovely authentic arabian theme
Luxury in all aspects
Most comfortable bed ever
Two bathrooms in suite
Two balconies
Excellent airconditioning, noise and light control from windows and curtains
Notes left in room by GM and by room attendant to ensure that all my needs were met
Personal welcome and thank you letter in room
Loads of storage space starting from kitchenette and ending in bedroom
Complimentary internet of excellent speed and quality
Location near Dubai Mall
Minibar contents are varried and of excellent quality

Cons:
Electrical outlets not sufficient
No electric adaptor plugs provided
Hairdryer weak
Kleenex tissues only provided in bathroom. Would be nice to have a box in living room as well.
Please place a bin near the toilet seat. Not nice to walk across the bathroom with dirty toilet paper in hand!

I strongly recommend The Palace for those wishing to sample an arabian themed luxury hotel without going overboard. It is still on the expensive side but value for money is very high. You will feel very special.

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Maher A
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us during your honeymoon and we truly appreciate your detailed positive feedback and at the same time the constructive comments which show us where we need to improve. It inspires us to continue providing excellent services to our guests.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 20 December 2012

From the minute we arrived and were greeted by a fabulous apparition in harem pants and brocade waistcoat, we loved this hotel. Enter the foyer and the scent of thousands of rose petals floating in a giant bowl lets you know this place is special. We stayed in a standard KS room but it was really lovely: spacious and with a large balcony overlooking Dubai's man-made lake. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the bathroom well-appointed (including a bidet), the wi-fi free and the service exemplary. And then there are the gardens, pool and al fresco areas: they are beyond, as were those who took care of our every need! If we go to Dubai again, we'll be trying a suite, although it's hard to see how much better it could get.

Room Tip: It was lovely to overlook the lake, but really I don't think there's a single poor vantage point in this hotel. If there is we didn't see it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmebean
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us while sharing such a nice note about the ambiance, the comfort and the exemplary service.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.