“worst experience of my life”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #39 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 April 2013

mistake of my life we were staying in the hotel for 2 days and that was the biggest mistake of my life, first our check in was delayed we had to wait in the lobby for an 1hr reception staff does not no what to do they keep on blaming others for their mistakes,we went to pool in the morning as soon we entered the pool and started swimming a lady approached us and told not to use the pool,there was no signage or life guard who could informed us in prior ??? then we were having brunch in one of there restaurants the wedding started playing such a loud music that entire experience got ruined,we wanted to book asado for dinner but we were told that they have exclusive booking,this hotel is not organized,even there GM only replies to positive comments,i am never going back or recomending some one else

Room Tip: hotel is not worth
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.

I truly regret to read your comments and I would like to express my sincere apologizes for the inconvenience and for the experience which was not up to your expectation. It is a pity that you could not enjoy the swimming pool and dinner at Asado which were closed due to private events. The day we had the pool closed we offered to our guests the facilities at our sister property while providing also transportation to ensure they are happy and keep enjoying their stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Palace Downtown

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I had opportunity to stay 4 night at the palace for my first time , in fact the location is amazing in the heart of Dubai waking distance from Burj khalifa the tallest building in the world and very big shopping mall, call Dubai mall !!!

moving forward the check in process were very long as we a almost close to sleep at the lounge Sofa, trying to sleep after long trip was terrible as we got beaten with mosquitos and I had to call housekeeping to treat my suite .

As we paid 400-500$ for one night we set a great expectations which are never met

For sure I will return to Dubai again, but not for the palace.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you highlighted where you faced a shortfall in service standards during your check in process which was delayed. I certainly understand that after a long trip you expect to check in as soon as you arrive at the hotel and we always try our best to accommodate requests from guests for an early check in if the occupancy allow us. I also like to apologize for the mosquitos which are a challenge now for Dubai due to the humid weather but we are working on it to reduce the number as much as possible.

At the same time I would like to thank you for the nice comments about our location and views.

We will definitely consider your feedback and I hope you will honor us with an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Me and my wife went to short trip to Dubai an dstayed in Palace Downtown. It is an amazing hotel with very very helpful staff. We arrived in the morning around 09 ( which we had delay for 3 hours ) we were very tired and we wait only 20 minutes to check in. Pool is amazing .We stayed in Lake view deluxe room.Room was big and the view was excellent. Overall I will deifnetly stay in this hotel whenever I visit dubai.
PS: We did not use F&B facilities becaus edubai mall was a 5 minutes walking distance and we found a lot of restaurants.
I strongly suggest this hotel.
Tahnks

Room Tip: Lake view deluxe room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to read your kind words about our Associates who assisted you promptly upon check in. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed so much the pool as well as the room with the view.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

we, usually don't write anything about experience but I am writing this note because of the service provided in the Restaurant and quality and variety of food .One of my friend told us about the palace hotel and its food variety.We have been there with a friend for Breakfast. It was amazing. I loved most the girl standing at the door gave us chance to choose the table by ours self in our comfortable way where we like and manager (sitiram if i am not mistaken the name) going to table and asking for the feedback whether everything is all right? great selection of variety and polite chefs behind the counter to prepare egg you like. I can recommend any of you to try The palace food and extra exceptional service. I must say WOW

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sara a
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind review on Trip Advisor about your breakfast experience. We are glad that you took your friend’s advice and tried our Ewaan restaurant where you were pleased with the food and the service in particular from the hostess and Sitaram who will be thrilled to read your feedback.

Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back and maybe try our other outlets as well.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Excellent service throughout, great rooms and bathrooms. This hotel is low-slung (rare in Dubai) with three stories max. This, plus the Arabic design, makes it feel particularly welcoming. The entrance, with palms, waterway and grand arch already take you to a different kind of place, while still being a rock-throw away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. The location is central and equidistant from most of the city's sights. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor about your experience.

We are happy to know that you liked so much our location as well as the hotel design and style with all the details that create an Arabic look and feel.

We appreciate your kind comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I cannot say enough about this Hotel, its location at the foot of the Burj Khalifa and the standard of its rooms and service. Everything is great including the facility and its Arabian luxury feel. The Thai restaurant is exquisite as is all food around the property. Great view of Burj Khalifa and its spectacular fountain show. Easy access to the Dubai Mall with its shopping and entertainment facilities. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed so much your stay with us and we also appreciate your kind words about the service, room and location.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to everyone and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at a superior room on the ground floor facing the pool and the "lake" in front of the tallest building in the World.The room was very comfortable.nicely equipped with almost everything anyone would need,very clean and quiet though the breakfast and dinning area was a short distance away.The entrance hall is really very nice and makes you feel comfortable at first sight while the view at the coffee area to the pool is fantastic.Breakfast is served right at the front fo the building and there is a great variety of dishes and tastes to try all really good,also the service is excellent though sometimes slow,mainly due to the comfusion among servants about who to serve first ! But it makes you feel nice and relaxed!
The hotel is on distance walk to a big mall where you can find everything you can imagine from numerous restaurants from almost ecery country,to the lastest fashion shops from Italy and England .Great opportunities to find clothes referring to ...Scandinavians since temperature in Dubai is never less than 20 C.There are also good restaurants particularly facing the "lake" in much cheaper prices than at any hotel and you have the feeling of being on the water! Don't forget to taste the nice sweets ! There are nice hotels you may reach at walking distance where you can have an aperitif or to climb up to the tallest building.
Since it's my 5th time in Dubai in numerous hotels I believe I have the right to say it was the best hotel I ever stayed there and I will surely come back whenever I can.
p.s. Don't try the Argentinian restaurant,not something worthy to be mentioned.I would strongly recommend you to taste anything Arabic or from Middle East ,there is a great variety of restaurants around.

Room Tip: I would not suggest rooms facing the "lake" since there is a lot of noice,but if you don...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us while commenting in details on the ambiance, location, service, breakfast and I am very glad that you named The Palace “the best” hotel you have ever stayed.

On behalf on the entire team we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.