I'm staying at the hotel for 4 nights and was assigned to the 1st room on the 1st floor. There were visitors walking arond in frond of my "window". I was moved to level three after making complaint to the front desk. The question is why I was arranged to the room (must be the cheapest and worst room) at the first place??
The second thing I really don't like the room is the hair dryer - it is in the middle of the writing desk and it can't be removed. It means you have to clean up your writing desk if you need to use the hair dryer. How strange!!!!
The third thing is the house keeping - they didn't fill up the tea bags. I rang up the operator. Noboday come!
Overall, the hotel is lovely and location is great. But the attention to the details is totally not up to the 5-star standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Palace Downtown Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai