“The hotel is nice but the details are not good....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Palace Downtown Dubai

The Palace Downtown Dubai
Ranked #19 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“The hotel is nice but the details are not good....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'm staying at the hotel for 4 nights and was assigned to the 1st room on the 1st floor. There were visitors walking arond in frond of my "window". I was moved to level three after making complaint to the front desk. The question is why I was arranged to the room (must be the cheapest and worst room) at the first place??

The second thing I really don't like the room is the hair dryer - it is in the middle of the writing desk and it can't be removed. It means you have to clean up your writing desk if you need to use the hair dryer. How strange!!!!

The third thing is the house keeping - they didn't fill up the tea bags. I rang up the operator. Noboday come!

Overall, the hotel is lovely and location is great. But the attention to the details is totally not up to the 5-star standard.

Room Tip: not on the level one
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Echoi2000
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the shortfalls during your visit in regards to the room allocation where you preferred a higher floor than first level which were both the same category as you have booked. Nevertheless I hope the team was able to accommodate your request shortly and you enjoyed even more the rest of your stay. I am also sorry to know about the inconvenience regarding the hairdryer and the tea bags request not being handled up to your satisfaction. We will certainly discuss your comments with the team for further improvement.

At the same time I am glad that you enjoyed the location and views and I hope we will be able to welcome you back here at The Palace for a more enjoyable experience.

Michael Sorgenfrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have been to the Palace hotel downtown several times, and I have decided that I will only stay in that hotel. Everything from location to emaculate rooms to perfect meeting facilities to great food makes you feel treated as a king.
However this is not all, the true jewel of this hotel is its staff, I'm always greeted with a smile by all employees, it is a hotel where the duty manager welcomes you right at the door, Mustapha is one of the best professionals I have met in the hotel industry (and I travelled a lot around the world), his staff are also as professional.
What makes this hotel so special is that I feel I'm at home eventhough I'm away from home; you can stay at the most luxurious hotels but you always have that feeling of being a guest!! but at the palace you feel home.
As I said food also is out of this world, try the Thai restaurant and ask for a table outside overlooking the Dubai fountain, it is an experience not to be missed; and for the meat lovers dpon't go anywhere else apart from Asado the Argentinian restaurant (it is rated one of the best in Dubai).
I can go on and on about this hotel (rather a Palace) and the fact that I only go there says it all.

Room Tip: book a room overlooking the Dubai fountain and you won't regret it.
2 Thank Yassine M
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to many more. All the team will be inspired by your words about their service which is the main asset that always makes the difference.

I am also glad that you enjoyed our restaurants both Argentinian and Thai.

Thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back at The Palace “your home away from home”.

Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel right on the edge of the fountain lake. Nice pool area, lovely food and top rate service. I would recommend this hotel no problem. We had a suite which was very spacious and very nice.

Room Tip: Fountain view doesn't see all the fountain but its better viewed from out of the hotel anyway
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brien C
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our location with the beautiful views as well as the food, pool area and the service from our associates.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Was in Dubai for a business trip and stayed at the Palace. The service was satisfactory. However the room allocation,despite requests, was not good. I did not have much of a view from my room. The lobby is cramped and in fact not much of a lobby. The breakfast was so so but the Indian food at breakfast was the worst I ever tasted. The room was average size and clean and well maintained.
An average experience

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sidharath_Kapur
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you took the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you were pleased with the room cleanliness and the service. At the same time it is very regretful to see that the breakfast selection of Indian dishes was not up to your expectation for which I apologize. We are sorry to read that the lobby did not appeal however we respect your views.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

After a long flight we arrived very early in the morning and were immediately given a room which was an upgrade to what we had booked as none of these were available. It was a great start and very much appreciated. The suite we were given was spotlessly clean and was very spacious, beautifully furnished and well equipped.
We chose the hotel because of its location and we were only staying for a short time enroute home from Australia.Now we wouldn't hesitate to choose it because of the excellent service, great facilities and yes it is brilliantly located with so much in walking distance.
All the staff we met were courteous, smiling and helpful. the concierge did our online boarding passes for us and gave lots of valuable advice to make our short stay really enjoyable. Breakfast was very good with an excellent choice and always refreshed regularly and monitored by the chef. We did have one meal in the hotel and it was again really excellent with great choice of wines from sensible prices to the unaffordable (for us anyway).
The swimming pool area was very well maintained with a good food and drinks service, no waiting for ages as in many hotels. The hotel is beautifully decorated and maintained giving an air of quality arabic design with every modern facility on hand. The viewing area is a fabulous location to see the amazing Burj Khalifa and the stunning fountain shows every half hour in the lakes below at night.
This is a classy hotel that offers first class service but is not pretentious or pompous and focuses on all its guests as if each was special. I would not hesitate to recommend it and will certainly be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mikem28
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your extensive and very positive feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

It is our absolute pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful experience with us while enjoying our facilities. Our Chef will be very glad to read your kind comments about the food as well as the entire rest of the team who can only be even more inspired to excel by your excellent review.

Thank you again and we hope that we would be able to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

we stayed here for one night en route to Sri Lanka and found it to be spot on. We had a warm and efficient welcome, our room terrace was right on the lake where the fountaims are - stunning views of them and the Burj Kalifa. Food was great, in particular, the thai restaurant. The staff were very happy for us to use the facilities after checkout as we had a late evening flight and so wanted to go off and see the sights. Our room was spotless and had everything you could want in it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat :-)

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank aliballie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had such a pleasant experience here at The Palace. I am very glad that you had the time in your short stay to try out Thai restaurant which has wonderful views of the fountain that make a memorable experience. Thank you for the kind comments about the room cleanliness and service from our associates.

We are very happy to know that you are looking to come back which will only be an absolute pleasure for our entire team.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

The hotel is one of the best & it's just that when we came we had to wait to reach the lobby as there the driveway had a long Que & it does not seem to be moving at all , the valet looked stressed & there seem to be no supervision at all. Our check-in was delayed with such lame excuses as they are cleaning the room ? why they were not prepared ?? The room carpet is stained,TV screen had wrong name mentioned on it & we were checking out they charged our card twice the staff fails to take responsibility & tells us that it is the fault of IT department ..
over all a bad experience.

Room Tip: peopele I've had a bad experience.... better to stay back in cheap beach side property.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank christopher d
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us.

I truly regret to read about your experience where you had to wait for such a long time on the driveway upon your arrival and your room not being available for you to rest after your trip. I certainly understand your frustration and am very sorry that we were not able to offer you a solution up to your satisfaction during your stay. At the same time we have tried to identify your reservation with your contact details to personally reach out to you however unsuccessfully. We would appreciate if you could share with us more detailed feedback at info@thepalace-dubai.com.

In the meantime please be assured that your comments will be discussed with the team for further improvement.

I apologize once again and I hope you will honor us with an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.