We stayed at The Palace downtown for 5 nights (from 27 Dec. 2013 to 1 January 2014). Overall, our stay was very good (the view from our room on the Burj Khalifa was simply fantastic for NYE! And I had the best massage ever at their Spa) but there were a few things that this hotel could really improve. First, the room service could be improved (the dinner on NYE was served more than 30 minutes late and almost cold, the beds were quickly made and the rose that was in the bathroom when we arrived stayed there during our whole stay, although it wilted halfway through). Also, we did not have access to Ewann Lounge (lounge around the hotel swimming pool) at nights because all the tables were booked. We did try to book a table, unsuccessfully. I don't know if I would stay at The Palace Downtown again, except for special events (such as NYE).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai