“Great hotel in a brilliant location”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #39 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Although the local travel agent had cancelled my booking the hotel staff could not have been more helpful in sorting out the mess. The room was great, I had a brilliant view of the fountains, the facilities were terrific including the business centre which could be used for free. Overall experience was great. Pricey, but worth it.

Room Tip: As long as you don't mind the sound of the music every hour, try and get a room overlooking the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CJH65
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to see that despite the inconvenience caused by booking cancellation, we were able to provide memorable experience to you with our hotel facilities and service.

We will definitely be looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace Downtown!

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Overall an excellent experience. We arrived around 8am and the hotel was able to give us a room straight away. This was much appreciated after the overnight flight from the UK. The service levels were excellent and we really did feel like the staff cared about the guests. Breakfast was very good with a huge choice. The location, right by the Dubai Mall is very convenient and there is a great selection of cafes and restaurants within walking distance. The one thing often missing in central Dubai is green space so we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the gardens and pool area were. The pool is large for a city hotel and was so quiet at this time of year. I had a massage at the spa. The facilities are very nice but it was not the best massage ever, did feel as if the therapist was just going through the motions. There are better and cheaper spa options close by in the Mall. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very delighted to know that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us!

I am truly happy that our associates pleased you with the service while going the extra mile in providing you with a room straight away early in the morning.

It is pleasant to hear that you enjoyed the pool area and its quietness despite we are located in the heart of Dubai.

At the same time I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations at our SPA. I do hope you will grant us another opportunity to excel and please you with a high standard of service we always strive to provide to our guests.

Thank you again for such inspiring comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

As this was our first visit to Dubai, we wanted to stay somewhere close to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. The Palace certainly ticked all these boxes.

Upon our arrival, well into the evening, the journey through the double archways towards the illuminated forecourt made you feel that you’ve arrived somewhere special. After a 7 hour flight, we were glad that the check-in process was very quick and efficient and the welcome was warm and very friendly.

Our Deluxe Lake view room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a king size bed, mini-bar facilities, Nespresso coffee machine and large LCD TV.
Free Wi-Fi was available and we had use of an in-room iPad.

Lockable glass patio doors opened directly out onto the Burj Khalifa Lake quayside complete with the mooring bollards and chains. Having two wicker chairs and a table on the patio, we could sit and enjoy a view of one corner of the Burj Lake. It wasn’t the best view as you’re overlooked by apartments opposite, but I assume these were more for the smokers than somewhere for the non-smoker to relax.

Breakfast at the Ewaan restaurant was quite good with a good selection of options. It never seemed too busy and had spacious seating with the staff being very friendly.

Overall, the Palace is in an ideal location for all the attractions of Downtown Dubai, including many cafés and restaurants all within walking distance. Taxis seem always to be available outside the hotel if you wanted to travel further afield.

We had 5 nights of relaxation and luxury which could be as over the top as you’d want it to be and we’d certainly consider staying here again on our next visit to Dubai.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GarageHeros

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am truly happy to see that you had an enjoyable first experience here at The Palace Downtown Dubai!

All the team can only be inspired by such wonderful comments and it is a great motivation to continue providing our guests with the best service. We are glad that throughout your stay you got the chance to experience most our facilities as well as the surroundings and we appreciate the positive words about it.

Thank you again for your extended feedback and on behalf of the entire team we look forward to welcoming you back here at The Palace.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Had been here one year ago for my birthday. Location is perfect, five minutes walking to Dubai Mall. You have a great view on the fountains and Burj Khalifa from the garden.
Food is excellent, especially the breakfast. Service is great, the staff is very efficient and friendly. The beds are amazingly comfortable.
On my birthday, I had a birthday cake and a leather bookmark as a gift waiting for me in my room, with a birthday card from the staff, was very pleasant.
No doubt, I'm coming back in THIS place on my next trip, I can't wait to have a chicha in the gardens looking at the biggest tower in the world!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for us to receive such a positive feedback from you!

We are delighted you enjoyed breakfast, room facilities and especially the service provided by our associates. It is our desire and prime goal to make sure every guest has memorable experience. I am happy to see that you received your Birthday presents and enjoyed the celebration!

Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Palace in the nearest future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Thank you - you have made my stay special. I spend on week at the hotel - half business and half private with my family member who had a birthday.

I am coming to Dubai this year and I will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: book a spa procedure - this was amazing experience
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Magico79

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on a Tripadvisor!

We are encouraged to hear that you had pleasant experience during your stay with us and we were able to exceed your expectation at our SPA. We hope that your family member also enjoyed celebrating Birthday at the Palace.

Thank you again for your comment and it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the nearest future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We just returned from our 6th stay on business, which at 16 nights was our longest in any hotel to date. Many hotels we've stayed in around the world would've fallen short somewhere over that long a period. Not the Palace though. The consistently high service standard was THE outstanding factor and a credit to their team.

We were in a Palace room which was good, if not quite as well fitted out as some others we've experienced in Dubai. However this was more than compensated by excellent housekeeping, restaurant, poolside & fitness centre staff. This was especially important to us as I had several multi-day side trips leaving my wife on her own. All the staff made her feel very much at home over the many days she was there alone.

Management also took the time to make contact which was a nice gesture and always a good sign of a well managed & professional operation.

Location as others have said is unbeatable. Being within short walking distance of Dubai Mall proved a real bonus with the +100m taxi queues (at 1:30am) during DSF.

Restaurants are excellent and the fitness & spa facilities (included in our room package) were a welcome retreat after hectic work days. We used the Palace's airport transfers several times and they were totally punctual and of the same high standard as everything at the Palace.

We have stayed at many hotels from Dubai Marina to the Creek and everywhere in between over 10 years. Some we also reviewed favourably on TripAdvisor. However if the team at the Palace continue to maintain the same exemplary standards, the Palace is our first choice.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are quieter than fountain view unless you don't mind the sound of water sloshing...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback!

We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the service and facilities. It is our prior goal to make every guest feel welcomed like at home and we are delighted that you together with your wife have experienced it here.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I recently stayed in The Palace Downtown Dubai with my family and absolutely loved it. During our days at the hotel, from the warm welcome by the general manager to the final moment, we were treated almost as royalties. Location is perfect with just a few steps to Souk al Bahar and Dubai Mall. Also, the hotel offers an incredible view of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain. We enjoyed the fountain shows from the hotel almost every night without even noticing the crowd from thousands of people near Dubai mall.

We stayed in two lakeside view rooms with a wonderful view of the lake, however, we could also spot the end of the fountain and Burj Khalifa. The rooms, and especially the bathrooms, were great and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in. They offer a pillow menu, iPad, coffee maker and free WIFI, just to mention some features in the room. The three children were all greeted with small gifts, both in the reception and later on in the room, which were very appreciated. The only downside was that one of the two rooms had a smell of smoke as we arrived.

We had breakfast in the Ewaan restaurant which offered a huge selection of quality food. I especially enjoyed the freshly squeezed juices, smoothies as well as the many choices of granola. The live cooking station offering delicious egg dishes must also be mentioned.
We celebrated New Years Eve at the same restaurant at the hotel. The price of the dinner was definitely on the high side, but it was well worth it as we had a truly magical night. We were offered everything from fresh Lobster and sea food to russian caviar, foie gras and a huge dessert buffet. This is really THE place to celebrate New Years Eve. From the area we had a spectacular view of the fireworks from Burj Khalifa as well as the amazing Fountain shows. It was stunning, best New Years Eve ever! Also I would recommend the Palace Café just outside the hotel, good prices and high quality Arabian food.

The pool area is beautiful and located in a fantastic setting, however the pool is quite small. Also the sun went down early so I recommend to spend time by the pool in the morning if you wish to enjoy the sun. Great service at the pool, they provided us with cold water and sorbet every day.

I went to the spa and had the best ever massage and facial treatment. The spa was luxurious and the therapist was absolutely excellent.

We all had a truly amazing experience and I would say that this hotel is the best I have ever stayed at. The service is exemplary and the staff always greeted us with a big smile which made the atmosphere welcoming. Thank you so much to all the staff! I would recommend the hotel to everyone looking for an amazing retreat in downtown Dubai and hope to return to The Palace soon again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
What a wonderful comment! Thank you for taking your time to give such a comprehensive feedback. I am truly delighted together with my team that we were able to provide memorable lifetime experience for you and your family.
We are glad to hear that you also enjoyed the New Year’s Eve 2014. It is pleasant to know that all efforts we put for the preparation are appreciated.
I am happy that my team did their best to make you feel like royalties and provide you with an excellent service in room, SPA, pool area and Ewaan restaurant.
Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you at your Palace in Dubai.