“Perfect”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #38 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Beautiful hotel with views of the fountains and Burj Khalifa. Convenient to the mall. Great food. Great concierge. Pool is wonderful. Couldn't ask for anything more on my first stay in Dubai. Would love to come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean C
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive comments on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted that you had memorable experience with us and enjoyed the facilities as well as the service.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you and your family back at the Palace Downtown!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Palace Downtown

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world but this place is by far the very best. From the moment we entered with our young kids we were given priority and allowed an early check in at 9am as opposed to the usual 3pm. The Arabesque theme throughout the hotel and all it's staff was delightful to say the least. Made us feel like royalty. The Ewaan pool lounge is stunning and a must see when in Dubai. All in all the hotel is fabulous and location amazing right next to souk al bahar and dubai mall. Not to mention the show stopping musical fountains right outside our balcony which the kids loved. We would love to return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tas G

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the experience of staying at the Palace Downtown and in particular Ewaan lounge with its fantastic view to the fountains. It is a pleasure for me to hear that my team has provided you with the best service at royal level.

Thank you for the review again and looking forward to welcoming you and your children back to the Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just everything was perfect...:-) we will be back, for sure. Easy to walk to the Dubai mall, lots of good restaurants around the hotel, nice rooms. Fun to watch Burj Khalifa from the bed every morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susanne C
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Susanne,

Thank you sharing your review on Tripadvisor!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience of staying with us.

Together with my team I hope to see you again at the Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Me & my wife stayed in the Palace due to a recommendation from a friend & we were not disappointed.

We chose to pay a bit extra to stay in a suite & we would definitely recommend upgrading. We were collected at the airport & driven to the hotel by a very courteous gentleman & upon arrival at the hotel out bags were taken directly to our suite.

The suite itself was amazing very spacious & amazing views of the burj & lagoona.

The whole trip was brilliant, until we came to check out. During check out the lady at reception advised me there was a discrepancy in our suite regarding a bottle of Bacardi neither me or my wife drank any alcohol during our entire trip to Dubai & we advised her that, she said it would probably be an error & finalised our bill.

Next day I receive an email from the hotel telling me they are charging me AED 290 for a bottle of Bacardi that we never had (especially when neither of us even like or drink Bacardi). As you can imagine to spend a decent some of money on a hotel (circa £1,000) for 2-3 nights and then be told we are charging you £50 for a bottle of Bacardi you never had clearly does not sit well.

It is unfortunate that this one off incident spoiled a great trip in a great hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank DinDoha
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor!

On the one hand we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel, in particular transfer service, your suite and location, however on the other hand I am very upset to read that one shortfall in our service has spoiled your magnificent trip.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for this misunderstanding. I totally agree with you that it is absolutely not acceptable to charge you for anything that you did not consume and I assure you that no charges will be taken. We have already taken necessary actions to avoid repeating such cases to any of our guests.

I do appreciate your constructive comment, since it shows us where we need to improve!
You are valuable guest for us and I hope that you will grant us one more opportunity to welcome you at The Palace Downtown!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in February. I had booked a Palace room so that we had the security of collection from the airport as we arrived late at night. We were contacted by the hotel a few days before arrival with details of where we would be collected and this all went perfectly, we were whisked to the hotel in a private limo and were left to check in. Then it just got better, we were upgraded to a suite which was just perfect, could not have wished for a more comfortable room.

Everything about our stay was wonderful, the staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast buffet was huge and never too much of a queue for freshly cooked eggs. The pool was a nice place to be too and we spent a couple of lazy days swimming and relaxing in the sun, very welcome after a very soggy January in England.

The hotel is n the perfect location, right next door to the Dubai Mall, the Burj Khalifa and the fountains, which were awesome by the way, we have seen the fountains at the Bellagio and these beat them hands down.

I would go back to the Palace Downtown in a heartbeat, a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Receiving such feedback gives so much inspiration and motivation for me personally and the whole team at the Palace Downtown!

I am really delighted and thankful to you for taking your time to give such comprehensive comments!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed and appreciate excellent service from our side: transfer arrangement, upgrade, attentiveness and friendliness of the staff, as well as breakfasts and location.

Thank you again for the feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Although the local travel agent had cancelled my booking the hotel staff could not have been more helpful in sorting out the mess. The room was great, I had a brilliant view of the fountains, the facilities were terrific including the business centre which could be used for free. Overall experience was great. Pricey, but worth it.

Room Tip: As long as you don't mind the sound of the music every hour, try and get a room overlooking the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CJH65

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to see that despite the inconvenience caused by booking cancellation, we were able to provide memorable experience to you with our hotel facilities and service.

We will definitely be looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace Downtown!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Overall an excellent experience. We arrived around 8am and the hotel was able to give us a room straight away. This was much appreciated after the overnight flight from the UK. The service levels were excellent and we really did feel like the staff cared about the guests. Breakfast was very good with a huge choice. The location, right by the Dubai Mall is very convenient and there is a great selection of cafes and restaurants within walking distance. The one thing often missing in central Dubai is green space so we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the gardens and pool area were. The pool is large for a city hotel and was so quiet at this time of year. I had a massage at the spa. The facilities are very nice but it was not the best massage ever, did feel as if the therapist was just going through the motions. There are better and cheaper spa options close by in the Mall. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very delighted to know that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us!

I am truly happy that our associates pleased you with the service while going the extra mile in providing you with a room straight away early in the morning.

It is pleasant to hear that you enjoyed the pool area and its quietness despite we are located in the heart of Dubai.

At the same time I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations at our SPA. I do hope you will grant us another opportunity to excel and please you with a high standard of service we always strive to provide to our guests.

Thank you again for such inspiring comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,