“Another fantantastic stay at the Palace Dubai”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #38 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Plmouth
“Another fantantastic stay at the Palace Dubai”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at The Palace Downtown Dubai! This was our second stay at this hotel and once again the hotel and staff were outstanding in every aspect! We saw some familiar faces from our last visit and unbelievably were remembered by these members of staff!! Everyone we came in contact with was happy and cheerful and nothing was too much trouble for them-when we returned to the hotel from outings we were greeted by name and a smile which made us at home and very special!

We ate at Ewaan lounge on every evening and the food and service was outstanding-thank you to everyone concerned. On one evening there was an Arabic Night-with spectacular entertainment and food. We had a marvelous evening!

We would hightly recommend this hotel as it is the best in whicgh we have ever stayed and it exceeds it's 5 star rating-we will be back next year!!

Room Tip: The rooms we have had have been lovely with beautiful views-can't really see there would be a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor!

Your comments will create more motivation and inspiration for the entire team to go an extra mile for the guest and continue to perform high standard of service we all strive to.

Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Michael Sorgenfrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Lovely hotel, our first room that we were given smelt very strongly of smoke, luckily the girl that showed us to the room suggested that we try to get another room which was done with no problems. I was a little disappointed that the room was passed by house keeping as it was a very strong smell, I feel that it should have been sorted by management while the previous smoking guest was staying there, as this did not get to smell like this just with a one night stay. Location is fantastic and the staff are really good in the hotel. Just three negatives for me with the hotel. Firstly, the turn down service happens far too early between 4pm & 5pm, I think it is better for it to happen later so when you go out in the evening you come back to a nice turned down room. Secondly and this was the only occasion (apart from in Asado)on our 11 night stay was a snooty & not very helpful blond eastern European receptionist (didn't get her name). Thirdly and for me most importantly the amount of flies by the pool, for me it became really annoying and ruined the time spent at the pool (my wife was not as bothered by them) apart from the flies the pool is lovely.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole team at The Palace Downtown, I would like to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor!

I do appreciate your constructive feedback as it shows us where we can provide better service for our guests.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced upon check-in in terms of smell in the room. It is pleasant that the issue was resolved immediately.

Your suggestion regarding the turndown service timing is very helpful and I will bring it to our Housekeeping Executive’s attention.

Regarding the second issue that you mention, please accept my sincere apologies for inappropriate behavior of one of our associates, this is definitely not up to our standards.

I wish to apologize also for the flies around the pool area, which I do agree needs our most focus and I would like to assure you that we are already working on resolving this problem.

Once again I appreciate your review and we do hope you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back at The Palace Downtown!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Beautiful hotel with views of the fountains and Burj Khalifa. Convenient to the mall. Great food. Great concierge. Pool is wonderful. Couldn't ask for anything more on my first stay in Dubai. Would love to come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean C
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive comments on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted that you had memorable experience with us and enjoyed the facilities as well as the service.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you and your family back at the Palace Downtown!

Kind regards,

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world but this place is by far the very best. From the moment we entered with our young kids we were given priority and allowed an early check in at 9am as opposed to the usual 3pm. The Arabesque theme throughout the hotel and all it's staff was delightful to say the least. Made us feel like royalty. The Ewaan pool lounge is stunning and a must see when in Dubai. All in all the hotel is fabulous and location amazing right next to souk al bahar and dubai mall. Not to mention the show stopping musical fountains right outside our balcony which the kids loved. We would love to return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tas G
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the experience of staying at the Palace Downtown and in particular Ewaan lounge with its fantastic view to the fountains. It is a pleasure for me to hear that my team has provided you with the best service at royal level.

Thank you for the review again and looking forward to welcoming you and your children back to the Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Odder, Denmark
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just everything was perfect...:-) we will be back, for sure. Easy to walk to the Dubai mall, lots of good restaurants around the hotel, nice rooms. Fun to watch Burj Khalifa from the bed every morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Susanne C
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Susanne,

Thank you sharing your review on Tripadvisor!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience of staying with us.

Together with my team I hope to see you again at the Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Me & my wife stayed in the Palace due to a recommendation from a friend & we were not disappointed.

We chose to pay a bit extra to stay in a suite & we would definitely recommend upgrading. We were collected at the airport & driven to the hotel by a very courteous gentleman & upon arrival at the hotel out bags were taken directly to our suite.

The suite itself was amazing very spacious & amazing views of the burj & lagoona.

The whole trip was brilliant, until we came to check out. During check out the lady at reception advised me there was a discrepancy in our suite regarding a bottle of Bacardi neither me or my wife drank any alcohol during our entire trip to Dubai & we advised her that, she said it would probably be an error & finalised our bill.

Next day I receive an email from the hotel telling me they are charging me AED 290 for a bottle of Bacardi that we never had (especially when neither of us even like or drink Bacardi). As you can imagine to spend a decent some of money on a hotel (circa £1,000) for 2-3 nights and then be told we are charging you £50 for a bottle of Bacardi you never had clearly does not sit well.

It is unfortunate that this one off incident spoiled a great trip in a great hotel.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank DinDoha
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor!

On the one hand we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel, in particular transfer service, your suite and location, however on the other hand I am very upset to read that one shortfall in our service has spoiled your magnificent trip.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for this misunderstanding. I totally agree with you that it is absolutely not acceptable to charge you for anything that you did not consume and I assure you that no charges will be taken. We have already taken necessary actions to avoid repeating such cases to any of our guests.

I do appreciate your constructive comment, since it shows us where we need to improve!
You are valuable guest for us and I hope that you will grant us one more opportunity to welcome you at The Palace Downtown!

Surrey, England
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in February. I had booked a Palace room so that we had the security of collection from the airport as we arrived late at night. We were contacted by the hotel a few days before arrival with details of where we would be collected and this all went perfectly, we were whisked to the hotel in a private limo and were left to check in. Then it just got better, we were upgraded to a suite which was just perfect, could not have wished for a more comfortable room.

Everything about our stay was wonderful, the staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast buffet was huge and never too much of a queue for freshly cooked eggs. The pool was a nice place to be too and we spent a couple of lazy days swimming and relaxing in the sun, very welcome after a very soggy January in England.

The hotel is n the perfect location, right next door to the Dubai Mall, the Burj Khalifa and the fountains, which were awesome by the way, we have seen the fountains at the Bellagio and these beat them hands down.

I would go back to the Palace Downtown in a heartbeat, a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Receiving such feedback gives so much inspiration and motivation for me personally and the whole team at the Palace Downtown!

I am really delighted and thankful to you for taking your time to give such comprehensive comments!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed and appreciate excellent service from our side: transfer arrangement, upgrade, attentiveness and friendliness of the staff, as well as breakfasts and location.

Thank you again for the feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Palace Downtown in the nearest future!