Stayed at The Palace for 3 nights last week. We have been to Dubai many times and lived here for a couple of years quite a while ago. We enjoyed everything about The Palace - all the staff were fantastic and very helpful, particularly the staff greeting you at the door. Initially I was disappointed that we hadn't booked a room with a fountain view, but we were delighted to have a balcony with a view of the lake, even though it sounded like it was full of dinosaurs at night!! It was great to have a short walk through Soul Al Bahar to the Dubai Mall and a walk the other way to Burj Plaza and see the Festival of Lights. Loved being able to come back from all the action to such a beautiful and calm resort style oasis, right in the centre of downtown. Relaxing breakfasts outdoors and impressed that the manager Michael bothered to come and have a chat, wonderful Thai food at Thiptara while watching the fountains and One Desert Journey at the Spa. A great break from Iraq and we hope to come back. Only complaint is the cost of rooms seeming extremely high - maybe due to Newroz holidays in other Middle Eastern countries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai