I stayed here for 24 hours whilst on my way to Mauritius. I arrived like royalty at the grand reception and was greeted by friendly staff who took my luggage and sat me in reception with a refreshing drink. The reception had a rose legal water feature which smelt amazing! My room was ready when I arrived, my face dropped to the floor when I was taken to our room, it was ginormous! Not only that, the bathroom was AMAZING! The bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in and there is a 'pillow menu' yes that's right...!if you have any problems sleeping something is very wrong. When the staff left me in the room I walked towards the window and was met with the most picturesque view I have ever seen!! The Burj Khalife was literally in front of me, I was gob smacked! I went for drinks after this outside in one of the tented areas and had some lovely tapas like food.
Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, they cater for every need and everything was fresh. After breakfast I had a walk around Dubai mall and watched the fountains attached to our hotel, it truly was amazing, I am so lucky to of experienced this amazing hotel. Before I was collected for my flight, I sat out on the balcony overlooking the pool and ordered a palace team it arrived on a silver plate, very glamorous...it was the nicest tea to date I have ever had. This is a must for anyone visiting or stopping over in Dubai.
I would love to come back and of it all over again ..in fact I think I will have too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai