“It you want the best you simply have to book this Hotel”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #45 of 564 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Outstanding, one of the best place where I've ever been.
The hall, room, swimming pool, restaurants, everything is wonderful.
People are so kind and always very attentive to every need.
Right on the famous fountain and in front of Burj Khalifa.
Perfect

Room Tip: Choose a room with fountain view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Reddevilsroma
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your review on TripAdvisor!

Your positive comments about your stay at The Palace Downtown and our service will serve as motivation for the entire to team to continue providing our guests with life-time memorable experience!

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future!

Michael Sorgenfrey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights at The Palace Downtown and loved it . We have 2 small children under 5 and found this surprisingly child friendly . The hotel catered for our children beautifully and made them feel at home . Our suite was large and had every thing and more you could want in a room and again the staff simply could not do enough to help you make your stay special . The fact that you could just walk across to the Dubai Mall makes it the perfect location as the heat is so intense In Dubai that a great location is a must . The pool was such a nice place to chill out at the end of the day and the buffet was the most incredible one I had seen . I simply cannot fault this hotel in anyway - It was perfect !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

It is with a delight that we read that you and your children enjoyed your perfect stay at our hotel and we are thankful for your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor!

Thank you for your kind words about our efforts to make your stay with us special.

We hope that wonderful memories from our hotel will bring you back and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again at your "home" in Dubai in the nearest future!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

In my view, the most beautiful hotel in Dubai. The hotel is like a little paradise with beautiful gardens and wonderful restaurants and an excellent Spa. If you're here, ask for a room with a balcony or terrace to view the fountain!

Room Tip: Room with a view of the fountain
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ARThiel
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

It is a great encouragement for the entire Team here at The Palace Downtown to know that our guests have fantastic stay with us. We appreciate your beautiful words about hotel!

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the “Paradise” in Dubai in the nearest future!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have reserved deluxe fountain view, but the view is very partial, and could not see the main fountains.

Service was not professional, for example, I asked baby chair for 3 times, and finally comes in 3 times of call. (Next day)

I pad battery was not able to charge, and I pad was out of battery from first time.

I asked spa menu, this also did not come until we directly asked to concielge desk.

Amenity, there was no tooth brush, maybe forgotten to be posted as I asked and then house keepers brought it to me.

In total, the price is expensive but the service is not good compare to other5star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time to share your review on TripAdvisor!

We are thankful for your constructive feedback and helping us to see the areas in our service where we need to improve. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you highlighted in your comments. Rest assured that the department heads have been informed about the issues and we will do the needful to ensure the same does not happen again.

Thank you one more time for staying with us and we truly hope we will be given another opportunity to welcome you at The Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Yes readers another wonderful stay at this extraordinary hotel. First I have to thank Arwa from reception Nabil and Mr Potvin for the unexpected upgrade. Which has made my stay a bit more special especially with my son's first visit.
This is my 4 stay at the palace and would never think about staying else were.
Arrived on the 25th July for eid break for 6 night. The hotel feels more alive than usual The staff welcomed us at the main entrance new my name which was a surprise. We were swiftly checked in our room than after a few minutes informed me of an upgrade to a suit which was excellent thank you so much.
The suit 518 was amazing bedroom with sliding doors a living room with a dinning table 2 bathrooms a little kitchenette 2 lcd
A big balcony. The little one felt at home straight away. The service the service as usual is the best in the country. Stayed all over dubai nothing beats the palace downtown. Push your wallet a bit and stay here and trust me you'll thank me later.
The first day had iftar in Ewaan really really good service was prompt quick staff smiling all the time even with the rush. The food looked amazing big variety at the buffet, and every think was topped up quickly. The seafood selection was amazing, meats were good.
The second day had iftar in a private tent overlooking the pool and burj. Staff we well managed excellent service. Special thanks to muhammad And Norman.
I met the general manager Mr Michael today just before iftar I would like to thank for making every guest feel special and managing the best team in the industry.
I have never seen a more dedicate hotel GM standing at the main entrance welcoming it's guests.
I just left the spa which by the way is one of the best had the Morocco hammam.
Feel very refreshed, and hungry feel like a burger by the way they have one of the best burgers not like any hotel burger.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ziad S

Dear Ziad,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share such a comprehensive review about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor!

It was a pleasure for me to meet you personally and I am thankful to you for your loyalty to The Palace Downtown. We are delighted to know that you enjoy our service and appreciate the efforts of our associates to make your stay a memorable experience.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Palace Downtown in the nearest future!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Loved our time at The Palace. It is located very conveniently shopping and "things to do" in Dubai. The food at the restaurant at breakfast and dinner was really good - many choices. Nice view on the lake and Burj Khalifa. Only negative encounter were the Europeans coming for their easter break and reserving their sun chair in the early morning but not showing up until midday. Hotel staff had a hard time managing it. So you had to go to the pool early to be able to get a place. Everything else was really great and I would definitively recommend the hotel for couples or single travelers. Not so much a family place with one pool only and just a small part being dedicated for kids.
Room service was very good, housekeeping did a great job. At night, it´s a bit of a challenge to get a taxi to go anywhere, as hotel guests and restaurant guests alike are all trying to get one at the same timeframe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is pleasant for us to receive your positive review on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the view from your room, our restaurants and room service. At the same time we are thankful for your constructive feedback with regards to sunbeds at the pool area and taxis. Rest assured we will do corrective measures to ensure the same does not happen in future. Thank you for showing us where we need to improve.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you again for your comments and we will be looking forward to welcoming you to The Palace Downtown in the nearest future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in The Palace last April after Easter. The hotel is perfect from every point of view: the location, the rooms, the gym, the swimming pool, the restaurants (even if the Argentine restaurant doesn't have a perfect service...). My husband had a terrible backache and we had to change 3 mattresses before finding the right one. The housekeepers were so kind and helpful and we have to thank Wayan and all the staff for what they did. We spent a fantastic holiday and my sons really enjoyed the Palace and the fantastic dancing fountains on the lake.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ornitom
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to read that you had fantastic stay with us and appreciate our service and hotel facilities. Thank you for your good words about Wayan!

We will all be looking forward to welcoming you back at The Palace Downtown-Dubai in the nearest future!