“Great hotel and great location”
Review of The H Dubai

The H Dubai
Ranked #21 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and great location”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is at no1 Sheikh Zayed road so is in the perfect location for business in the area.
The rooms are very good and the service in the foyer and at reception is very good
You have a large choice of restaurants and menus so you are spoilt for choice
The pool and the gym are excellent and the staff at both very helpful.
Checkout left a little to be desired with mistakes with the bill but it does not detract from the overall experience.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the top floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tony,

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com and for taking the time to share it with us.

We are very honored to hear that you not only like the physical aspect of the Hotel but also rate our service highly. I do apologise that your bill upon departure was incorrect, and we are looking into ways to improve that experience in the future.

Overall I am happy to know that your stay in Dubai was a pleasant one and hope you will be able to return again soon. Do stay in touch and let me know if I may ever assist you with anything here at The Dubai.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were in this hotel 3 times and because I'm leading hotel unlimited customer they gave us an upgrade in the suite. This is an huge and big with 2 bathroom really nice lounge area and work desk area. Everything was perfect so I can tip this hotel expecially for people in Dubai for work, is not near the beach but close to the financial area.

Room Tip: Suite is really huge
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ms. Andre

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com and your continued loyalty!

We appreciate your lovely comments in regards to your appreciation of the suite and the benefits of being a Leaders Club unlimited member.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and please do stay in touch and let me know if I may ever assist you with anything here at The H Dubai in the future.

Islamabad
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed 8 nights in this hotel last December (2013). It was excellent in all aspects. Very well mannered staff, delicious breakfast (miss it), great gym. Suggestions: wifi was slow & needs improvement, check-in takes a bit too long (or maybe it was just our bad luck that it took an hour almost). I'll definitely stay again here.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Aamir45
Dear Aamir,

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com.

your stay and the facilities during your visit in December last year. We have taken your feedback onboard and have already put into place various changes that will help with the speed of our WiFi in the rooms, and the speed of service during check in.

Do stay in touch and let me know if I may ever assist you with anything here at The H Dubai.

Ireland, West Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was stunned with what a great experience I had in this hotel.
The room was quite very nice with a king bed, a desk area, separate bath and shower, etc. The carpet was plush, the bed was ultra comfortable. There was a minibar with a few non-alcoholic items and chips. There was plenty of gratis bottled water.

Room Tip: great rooms neat and clean other quickly services
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Namit,

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to hear that you not only like the physical aspect of the Hotel but also rate our service highly. I am happy to know that your stay in Dubai was a pleasant one and hope you will be able to return again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I decided to go to the H Hotel for after diner drinks at one or their many Bars.

We drove there and gave our car to the Valet as usual and a Valet ticket was issued to us like any other Hotel in Dubai. So far so good.

We then decided to go for drinks at their Roof top Bar called 40 Kong.
We went to the Bar and ordered 2 glasses of Champagne which cost us approximately 250 Dhs and decided to leave after 15 minute as the place was simply over crowned and could barely move.

We asked the Bar tender to validate our Valet ticket and he told us that he could not do it unless we met the minimum spend of 400DHS!

I told him that we were customers and that we consumed in the property and that we did not have any minimum spend to meet in order for our valet ticket to be validated as it clearly stated on our Ticket “

“Valet parking will be free of charge for customer using any of our facilities otherwise there will be a 50DHS Charge” Which we did!

We then asked another of their staff by their hostess desk and she told us that we could pay 200 DHS and she will stamp it for us. So which is it??!!! 200 DHS OR 400 DHS , A little shady to my opinion.

We then decided to clarify all of the above with the Duty Manager on that night.
A person came, called Naim, he was the Duty Manager in charge that night.

We explained to him the challenges that we have been facing and he told us that 40 Kong was a 3rd Party operator outlet, therefore the rules and regulation of the valet are not the same.

What I do not understand and refuse to understand is that , why are they giving the same valet ticket if their rules and regulation are different????

The duty manager was extremely rude and was interrupting us all the time and his approach was very negative and unprofessional.

He told us at some point: Quote: “What do you want me to do?!” I was Shocked and felt neglected.

I Hold a management position myself in a 5 * Hotel in Dubai and was outraged to see that a 5* Hotel of that caliber in Dubai are hiring Managers with so little and mediocre customer service and service recovery skill as I believe It is at the end of the day, 2 key Skills to have as a Hotelier!! Would not you agree???

He argued with us for 15 minutes and refused to validate our ticket. After 15 minute or so, a line staff (probably and door men” saw our frustration, grabbed the ticket , stamped it and apologized for the inconvenience, something that the Manager should have done at the 1st place.

Terrible experience from the management and Standards inconsistency.

Will never go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank harrymass
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this great Arabian-styled hotel for one night. They upgraded my reservation to a suite room free of charge. The room was really spacious and luxurious. A plate of fresh fruits on the table plus free tea and coffee and daily gulf news newspaper. The only problem was that there was no hair dryer in the room but I asked for it and it was quickly given to me. Also the free internet is low speed and wifi coverage was not good. The hotel is nearby the Dubai mall. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and recommend it to everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Peyman,

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com and for your positive comments!

Referring to your comments in regards to the slow Wifi and lack of hairdryer, we have since put changes in place to ensure that these amenities are always available and working well.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Everything is good. Reception; coperation; room service, food, fitness centers of Mix and ladies beside good location in Dubai. Near to nice malls; also near to metro station.
I enjoyed staying there.
Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sawsan,

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com

Your positive comments have been shared with the team. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities during your visit in June.

Guest feedback is a highly valued commodity at our Hotel, as it is the best way to ensure we meet all of our guest expectations, and make corrections or improvements where necessary.