“Not cooperative management”

Tamani Hotel Marina
Ranked #219 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Not cooperative management”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We.. Me and family are booked to stay in this hotel on 3-7 Aug 2014 but for and unrgent family issue we were forced to cancel the trip so we emailed the hotel and explained our issue but they refued to refund us or even offer anything else...so weird... Note there is still much time untill then..
Thanks to them...don't recommend them at all

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Mr. Basmah,

Warm greetings from TAMANI Marina Hotel!

Thank you for your feedback. A member of our reservation team has reached out to you via email you sent us regarding booking cancellation.

From what we understand, this booking was made through Agoda.com for a special non-refundable rate. You were aware that this is outlined clearly in Agoda.com booking description. We therefore cannot legally override Agoda.com policy for non-refundable special rates. To address your request effectively, kindly please contact the booking engine for this matter and we will cancel the reservation for free.

If you wish to follow up the above matter you may contact directly walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae.

We stand by our commitment in providing exceptional service to our guests and we hope you would overlook this misunderstanding as a one off case and give us an opportunity to serve you in the future visit.

walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 17 May 2014

really enjoyed my stay. stayed here 5Nights with beautiful city and sea view. Breakfast also good. staff was very helpful, main thing is location as many places are on walking distance, JBR, Marina Club ufffh, really enjoyed :).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Syed Ahmad S
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, 30 November 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing Tamani as your second home in Dubai and it was truly a pleasure to serve you during your stay with us.

Tamani Family are all very pleased to read such feedback that expresses satisfaction with the service and facilities we have been offering you, as this is what we always strive to achieve and provide our valued guests.

There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that.

Once again, thank you. We hope to welcome you in the very near future at our hotel and remain with.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week and it was wonderful. The staff was very attentive especially Dimple at reception and Lester in the restaurant. It was clean and relaxing. Very well located and you can take the metro from a station near by. If you dont want to walk to the station the cab ride is only 10 Durhams. I would recommend this hotel as it offers free wifi and the breakfast is fantastic. They refilled our room with water and tea and coffee daily and we were visited by staff more then once to make sure we had everything we needed

Thanks for having us at your hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bedroom on the 40th floor . the view was fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week with two kids , the location is great , stayed in a 2 rooms flat , which was spacious and very clean, really well equipped .
In addition the receptionists are very friendly , they made friends with my niece , the room service us quick and attentive in addition house keeping made great efforts
I'de definitely stay in this hotel again.
No guaranteed valet service however parking is easily accessible and you always find spots easily .

Stayed May 2014

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

If you are considering staying at this place keep in mind paper thin walls if the guests next door want to party through the night.

When I arrived at Tamani I thought that this hotel would be great to stay at. First problem was the miscommunication that I had to pay in full before I was even suppose to checkin. I was told I could not checkin before they took all the money from my credit card. It was a very confusing process because the employee kept jumping around on the reasons of paying upfront while at other hotels I normally pay at checkout.

I couldn't checkin to the room since I arrived around 12 so I decided to use the pool. When I reached the pool area there were very few loungers, but an employee searched around and brought out two lounge chairs.

After the pool I was able to checkin and found the room semi-clean. There were crumbs on the tv stand in my bedroom, and no hand towels in any of the four bathrooms. The beds were at least clean and comfortable.

Later in the evening when I got home from an evening out, around 12 am, the room next door was having a party that could be heard through my bedroom wall. I called the duty manager who went up to talk to the guests, who turned down the music and proceeded to call my room to ask us if we complained and if they could turn the music up. Around 2 am I was woken up again by the party next door, and had to call the duty manager again. I could not sleep in my room due to all the yelling and loud music from the guests next door. When I complained at checkout the manager was not accommodating. He blamed the guests poor behavior due to the fact they were from Saudi Arabia, but not because they were rude guests. I was offered a late checkout even though though the manager knew I was already checked out of the room and had my bags in the car. He clearly did not want to fix the situation of the loud guests. He then offered a discount on my next room rate but I informed him I would not come back.

Even if this hotel is a steal I will choose to stay elsewhere and pay more for quality.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Klynnb53
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for writing this review.

At the very outset my regret for all the inconvenience and annoyance caused to you during your stay, we are sorry for the experience.

Regarding above feedback, we took an action immediately regardless of nationality. The security officers are aware of this and personally went to give several notice to the guests party next door and call the police to make the guest adhere on the “Guests policy and practice” in the hotel.

I totally disagree with you when you said that we did not take an action, rather than this, we gave you an offer as a gesture of our hospitality to have a pleasant stay which refused all of them.

Please be fair to give comments and ask if any action has been taken. The hotel will not mention to you but internally we would only want our guest to have a pleasant stay.

Hope that you will still give us another opportunity to change this perception to a positive experience.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits in the future and we take this opportunity to assure you to take all measures necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for all guests, at all times.

If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly on the below email.

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Well, it is my 10th time in Dubai. I need to say the location is good for this hotel, everything was fine for the price I paid (around 120-130 usd/day). One thing I still do not understand is why they hold my money and what they charged me for 110 DHS? If someone from the hotel is reading this, I want to hear the answer please. I checked in the hotel on April 14th (stay was fully paid up)
and was asked to give my credit card upon arrival which I should not have done and very sorry I did it… They blocked 600 AED and told me it will be released on the day I check out… When I checked out I paid tax and left… Now it is 2 weeks since I left and my money are still blocked which I will act for with my back for sure after public holidays. Moreover, on 19th April I was charged 110 DHS more… what for? I do not know…

Little things, but makes me mad… Bad experience… never come back. Recommend NOT TO give credit card to this hotel staff. It is not safe. I read the comment on trip advisor before about it bit did not believe it it true..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ilmast
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings from Tamani Marina Hotel!

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for writing this review. It is disappointing that your enjoyment was impacted by credit card issues.

It is a normal practice in Dubai and all the hotels around the world to get an extra amount that can cover any paid extra services in the hotel.This extra amount, if not utilized should go back to your credit card based on your bank not under hotel responsibilities.

On the other hand, 110 Dhs charges was collected by the Hotel under Dubai Government’s Executive Council Resolution No.2 of 2014, this fee – titled “Tourism Dirham” – will be collected at check-out by the hotel establishment and will be charged on a per bedroom, per stay. This is a mandatory fee from Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) payable at the Hotel reception.

We assure you that it takes 2 to 3 weeks to return the money back to your credit card depending on how fast the banks handle the refund request. Generally you will receive it as above mentioned.

We understand that all is now resolved and funds released. We hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us when you are next in Dubai and please contact me at that time so that we can oversee your stay.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel actually looks quite nice from the outside and the marina location is OK. The rooms however are old, smelly and very noisy. One of those experiences when you book on Hotwire and you're really happy you paid that little.

Service at breakfast was quite good though

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor, it is only through our valuable guests’ feedback that we can maintain and improve our level of customer service that we aspire to have.

It is to our regret that part of your stay was not up to your expectation; the hotel is not so old and we did partial renovation of the hotel last year. It is not fair to say that the hotel is old but it’s up to your personal experience and expectation.

The room you’ve been stayed is a two star category which was also mentioned clearly in your reservation engine.

I do hope that this occasion will not deter you from returning to Tamani Marina Hotel at some point in the future.

At such time if you can be as kind to contact me on the below email for your next visit to Dubai I will personally ensure that your stay is comfortable and memorable.