I am currently staying at this hotel. I arrived on Monday night and staying for six nights. I don't recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
- A disgusting stink wafts through the lobby and they try to mask it with a strong Jasmine perfume that ends up making it worse, The cheap Jasmine perfume takes over the whole building and is moderately annoying.
- Internet is not free. You are provided with 1GB low speed internet for your stay for free (no matter if you stay 16 hours or a week which doesn't make sense). I need high speed internet for work so I opted for the paid internet which was around $70 a week. It is supposed to be high speed but it actually is really really slow and sometimes it doesn't even connect.
- Breakfast is not included in the price and costs around $25 per night per person.
- I am here on a business trip that is paid by my company. Before I traveled, I called the hotel to inquire if my boss's credit card can be charged instead of mine since he did the booking with his credit card. They said that I have to have the card with me when I check out, otherwise the cannot charge it. I got my boss's credit card with me for that reason, but when I arrived they told me they cannot use it since it is not my name. This has caused major inconvenience for me and it is annoying how they changed their policy after I arrived and blamed it in a miscommunication (as if I'm stupid).
- The TV in my room is stationed at the end of the room and not facing the bed or the desk which doesn't make sense.
- The furniture is worn down and old, the carpets are a bit musky.
- Service is also slow, they tend to ignore you if you don't harass them when you need something. I had to make FIVE calls and wait 24 hours for them to get me a plug for my laptop since their electrical outlets did not support my equipment.
- They do not replace all the towels that are there on the first day. They only replace the main ones.
- The water in the shower/tub came out brown/grey several times and I had to keep it running for a while until it became visibly clear.
- Food is okay but not worth the price they charge.
Other than that, the staff are nice and helpful. They would help you get a taxi or answer questions, but you get the feeling that they are awaiting a tip for every single thing you ask for. There's one complementary water bottle per day as well a (cheap) tea/coffee section and basic toiletries. The rooftop pool is nice and you can get a good tan. You can also access the gym & sauna.
The greatest plus for me is that it is near the metro & Mall of Emirates. However it is still far from Downtown Dubai.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are used to 5-star or top notch service hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 125 room hotel with 10 Deluxe rooms and 10 Flamingo Suites(One bedroom suite) is located in the up coming Al Barsha area of Dubai, just off the Sheikh Zayed road and few steps from the “Mall Of The Emirates”, 10 minutes drive from the “Madinat Jumeirah” and “Ibn Batuta Mall”. With its stylish interior design concept and décor the Golden Tulip Al Barsha adds up another milestone in quality four star deluxe hotels in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Tulip Al Barsha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Al Barsha Hotel Dubai
- Golden Tulip Dubai
- Dubai Golden Tulip