“Great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in February and was very satisfied. Staff was friendly and always ready to assist, the buffet was good and the rooms modern & comfortable. Downtown Dubai isn't a bad location, I had 15 minutes to get to the Burj Khalifa with the Taxi (30 minutes during rush hour), but the Metro station is also near to the Hotel. I definitely felt that I got great value for the price I payed and I'll be staying again at this hotel the next time I'm in Dubai.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi Milan C,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others and for your stay with us.

I am truly glad we have managed to exceed your expectations.

We will be happy to serve you again whenever your plans bring you back to Dubai.

Kind Regards,

Aqsa Y
Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on a honey moon trip. And we were surprised that we were upgraded in the next level room witch was large and very comfortable, They have places a complimentary sweets and fruits for us. They have forgotten to set the room for two guests, but it was easy to fix this within seconds after arrival the bellboy arranged it.

The hotels location is good, exactly in the old downtown area of the city - the of Dubai Museum, the Creek, the Burjuman Mall and one of the metro stations are in a walking distance. There is a 24h working Supermarket after the corner witch is also very convenient.

Apart form the sights around they provide a very good car service available at any time.
The transportation from and to the airport also the city-center drop offs were a convenient option. You might also use the complimentary shuttle to Jumeira Beach and Dubai Mall.

The staff is well trained and professional. Two of the staff menber made me a very nice impression this are Merrisa from the Front Desk and a bellmen wearing glasses (i wish a had remembered his name is was starting with the K).
The roof top pool area is very clean and peaceful so that you can have a great rest after the long days in Dubai.

We are very happy with The Four Points By Sheraton Downtown Dubai and will defiantly come back again.

Thank you very much for making our stay guys.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dellan D
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi Dellan D,

We certainly like feedback from all our guests but feedback from someone who stayed with us on their honeymoon trip is something we value a lot.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It was a delight to read that you had a great stay with us.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Northampton, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 week on our first visit to dubai. The hotel was clean and the rooms large. On arrival we were told we had to leave a credit card security which we do not have so left a cash security instead. This was returned on checkout. Had I known this before hand I would have brought my bank cards. Our room did not have a bed for our little girl so we did have to wait for one to be brought up to our room. The breakfast was fine for all of us although you did have to wait for your eggs. The pool was nice but we did get the impression that children were not that welcomed at the pool as my daughter got told to be quiet and also I saw other children being told off also. My little girl was just laughing and having fun in the pool. I had a massage on the last night there before our early morning flight the next day. The lady started and I instantly told her she was hurting so she moved up my back this was also hurting I have never been in so much pain having a massage before. Usually I am so relaxed I fall asleep not this time. I came out feeling worse than when I walked in. Then within an hour I had bruises appearing all over my back which lasted about 2 weeks. I did notify the hotel reception staff when I checked out and paid but I don't think they understood what I was saying. So I just paid and we left we also sent a photo to the hotel on our return home but again had no response. On the whole we loved Dubai and will return the hotel was nice and fit for use but I would not recommend a massage unless the older lady does it. We did enjoy our stay and visited some lovely places and used the metro a lot. Would recommend the Bombay Indian the best curry we have ever had.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank twoplusonefamily
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi Coulsons,

Many thanks for sharing this review following your recent stay with us here in Dubai.

I would like to thank you also for sharing the positive aspects of your time spent here.

We completely understand the point highlighted and would like to offer our sincere apologies for the massage experience.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

stayed here for 5 nights in May '14,the hotel is situated on Mankhool Rd. near Meena Bazar & Deira Gold Souk,10 minutes walk from Metro Station, there are 3-4 "Four Points" hotels in Dubai,so make sure that you don't get confused BURDUBAI & DOWNTOWN are 2 different properties.
Check-in was quick, we had booked 3 rooms together & had requested our travel agent to give us rooms next to each other, but were refused at the time of check-in with the excuse of hotel being almost full ,it wasn't true.Breakfast was below average on all 5 days,there were not enough choices & the breakfast was the same on all days.

The rooms were very clean,spacious & well lit.

i was charged for an item in Mini bar which we did not use,some phone calls that i didn't make, also i forgot some liquor in my room which i could not get back after check out. the charges were waived off. it was a minor issue but these things should not happen.

overall, a nice hotel if you wish to stay near a metro station & in a peaceful neighborhood.

Room Tip: bombay dining an amazing indian restaurant near the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anil H
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hi Anil H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you loved our location and enjoyed the experience.

I hope you understand that as a hotel with a particularly busy patch during the days you were with us, we are unable to guarantee such requests.

I have shared your comments regarding our breakfast with our Executive Chef.

It is nice to hear that the issues were resolved before you checked out.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip. We booked a 1 room apartment with club facilities. For sure not the most memorable hotel we experienced..but fair price, excellent service (in the club lounge...otherwise forget this...). A bit hard when checked-out...because they charge more that confirmed on our booking.com reservation...but this was fixed after a short time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Clauded2
Aqsa Y, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi Clauded2,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write this review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service at our hotel.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused at the time of checking out.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Gregor K. –
Executive Assistant Manager
Fareham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the 4 points Sheraton downtown hotel for 2 nights after disembarking from our cruise to Dubai. We arrived early for check-in but were immediately given a room for which we were thankful. I must point out that there are at least three 4 point Sheratons in Dubai, so it would be advisable to carry the hotel’s card when you go out in case you need a taxi and don’t want to end up in the wrong hotel. The hotel is well situated about a 20-minute walk to the Metro and the shops with a 24-hour mini mart around the corner. Our room was large and very comfortable with all amenities, safe, iron, tea and coffee etc. We especially liked the themed dining nights, the one we tried ‘Asian’ was great and at 89 AED each was good value though the alcohol is expensive. All the staff are great especially Julie in the restaurant who was friendly and attentive (as all the waiting-on staff were) who fetched my wife a jug of milk for our room no problem and the tour guide clerk on the front desk who was extremely helpful in advising us on how to get a Metro ticket, where to get off and what to see. For a 20 AED silver card we got on and off the Metro 4 times on our way to Dubai Marina via the Malls and return and still had credit on our return. The roof top pool is excellent, I wouldn’t call it cold more refreshing in the heat. Overall this is a nice comfortable hotel with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook a building site and if you are on the upper floors a cemetery. However r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aqsa Y, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Hi tonyandanne,

First and foremost, please let me thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience with fellow travelers.

Receiving such positive feedback from our guests is the best motivation for all of us here at Four Points.

Thank you for your appreciation of our associates who work hard to make our guests feel at home while staying at the hotel. I will be sure to share your review with them.

I am happy to find out that you had a memorable experience and enjoyed your time at the hotel.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you at our hotel when your travels bring you back to Dubai.

Gregor K.
Executive Assistant Manager
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights prior to getting on a cruise ship to Southampton. This hotel is in the older part of Dubai and having stayed in the more modern part on previous occasions found this hotel a very good experience, the only negative point being that there is a continuous line of white unmarked cars being used as taxis with the drivers wanting you to used them instead of the regular taxis which are much cheaper and with a meter.
The room was large and well cleaned, breakfast .... plenty for everyone. We ate there in the evenings and that was good value and well served. Staff well mannered, friendly and helpful.
The hotel is near the metro and the museum. Take a taxi to the creek and have a water taxi to the other side of the river, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: This is an excellent hotel for people who are in Dubai for sight seeing and business when the view f...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple