“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice hotel with very good location, close to both Dubai Inernational Financial Centre (less than 5 min by car) and to old Dubai. The rooms and the furniture are fresh and clean. It deserves to be 4 stars.
Negative things: The wireless connection is too slow and the laundry
prices are too high. In addition, the passage to the parking is narrow. I hit the car the first day on my way out from the basement parking!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi Haider S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this review.

I have passed on your comments regarding the Wi-Fi speed to our IT department.

We hope you will stay with us again next time you’re in Dubai.

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed with my father in a Classique Room in the month of June.

Pros

1) Swift Checkin and checkout.
2) Rooms very clean and tidy.
3) Lovely breakfast and Eatery Staff.
4) Unicef initiative is very good

Cons:

1) They tend to discriminate between Asians and Non-asians as in they would wish all others but not asians.

2) They would not book you a Road and Transport Authority of Dubai cab; you either book it yourself (from your personal mobile) or take the private cars waiting outside the hotel who would rip you off or you need to negotiate with them.

3)Strangely even though calls to landlines within dubai are free even then they would not allow you to call. When I spoke to the operator and reception I got a response saying keep a deposit of DHS 500 for calls to be activated. I mean do free calls on dubai landlines chargeable in this hotel???

These cons if they werent to play a role I would have surely rated them a Five

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Aditya0612
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here second time and in general, experience us good. No hassle at check in. Staff is nice and accommodating. I travel to Dubai often and will definitely stay here again and also would recommend this hotel to my contacts.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Hi David N,

Thank you for staying with us and for recommending us.

Such feedback goes a long way in helping us serve you better!

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I requested a smoke free room with no spraying of chemicals, and got a room that had a odor that permeated. I tried to sleep there for three nights there but, because it is Ramadan time a loud speaker was blaring into my room with loud prayers day and night from my bedroom window.
I went to the Sports Bar at the hotel for pizza, and was subject to breathing in a lot of smoke which also permeated into the Business Center next door to the bar. That odor was even in the air when the Sports Bar was closed. The printer did not work in the Business Center.
If you decide to take the free shuttle to the Dubai Mall be aware that if you go there at 10:30 am or at 2pm , you still will not return to the hotel until 7 pm.
The hotel staff was very friendly, but not very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Globetrotter10079
Hi Globetrotter10079,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review.

I apologize for the inconvenience you faced regarding the room during your stay with us.

Unfortunately, Yesterday Pub and Restaurant is not a smoke-free area.

I have already had our IT department look into the printer issue.

Thank you for appreciating our staff and we hope you will give us a chance to better your experience next time you’re in Dubai.

Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Room was real nice. At the desk they have universal plug outlets which is nice, but not elsewhere in the room (i.e. bedside tables). Bed was comfortable. (but thought it was odd there was no top sheet, just comforter, but maybe that's typical?) Bathroom very nice as well with sizable tub. Runs out of hot water relatively quickly though - each room can't possibly have its own water heater? Not enough to cause problems though. Climate control worked fine.

Restaurants were alright (ate at all three). Service at the pub is bordering on terrible or maybe I'm just clueless. I ate there twice and each time had to flag someone down for each step, menu, order, check, etc. Even after asking for the check another 10 minutes or so elapsed before I just got up to run it down. Food was just fine though.

Staff at front desk and elsewhere was real nice - no problems there.

Wifi speed is pretty bad. The free option is like 500 kbps and the paid option got me maybe 1-2 mbps which is a joke.

Wasn't real happy with the hotel taxi cars. I went on a trip about 4km away with a 1 hr. wait at the destination - guy said he would take me there and back and wait for 150 AED - something that would only cost about 50 AED for a city taxi. I settled for 100 but that's still a gouge. Another time the driver wouldn't even accept taking me to the Burj Khalifa for the typical rate (30 AED) because "the traffic is too bad." Just get a regular city cab and be done with it.

Hotel is closest to Al Fahidi metro (maybe a 10 minute walk or so). Didn't do much other exploring to see what other amenities are within striking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi djboge,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review.

We are happy to read that you liked your room, the spacious bathrooms, our restaurants as well as the service you received at our Front Desk.

However, I am deeply sorry to read about your experience at Yesterday Pub. I have already shared the feedback with our Pub Manager – thank you for flagging it.

Also, I am disappointed to hear about your experience with the taxi service. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you faced. I have shared your feedback with the concerned department and they will be sure to provide the best service moving forward.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us a chance to better your experience on your next visit.

Berks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed in the Downtown twice: once for work and the second time for a 2-night break. I really like this place. I stayed in junior suites which are well laid out and comfortable. Breakfast is a veritable feast and the staff are really charming and attentive. I typically like to go out in the evenings with maybe a quick drink in the hotel bar before hitting the town but here, in the Yesterday pub on the ground floor, I was quite happy to stay for an entire evening and would recommend it as a bar of great atmosphere and character to enjoy alone or to invite guests - as I did on one of the evenings. The food selection is varied and of good quality too. The gym is pretty good but on both visits my favourite piece of kit, the rowing ergo, had a damaged strap making things difficult. Small thing maybe - but seemed important to me at the time. Otherwise, it's very difficult to fault this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MeadowStorm
Hi MeadowStorm,

Thank you for the wonderful comments and for staying with us again.

We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us.

Thank you for pointing out the damaged strap. We will have that sorted immediately – and well before your next stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Room was large, silent and bright. Bathroom ok, but there is not the hair drier. You can adjust the air conditioner, but Max temperature is 25 degree C. Swimming pool on the roof. Breakfast fine and nice English pub. Recommend for business trip.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GABRIELE F
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hi GABRIELE F,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for recommending us.

We have conveyed your comments to our Engineering Department.

We hope you will come stay with us again.