“Everything you'd expect from a four star hotel - perfect for our short trip”

Ranked #127 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Everything you'd expect from a four star hotel - perfect for our short trip”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Downtown in Dubai for two nights with breakfast as part of a longer multi-centre trip. The hotel was spotless, service and staff were excellent, room was spacious, comfortable and elegant. The roof-top pool area had recently been renovated and was a welcome spot in the August Dubai heat! My partner reports that the hotel gym had everything he needed (I didn't visit the gym myself). The breakfast buffet was varied and eggs were made to order. There was a free shuttle bus to the beach or Dubai Mall twice a day and taxis readily available. The only thing to bear in mind is the location, you couldn't walk far from the hotel in the sweltering heat and we needed to get taxis to the creek and back from the mall (where the Burj Al Khalifa is). BUT I think this might be the case with many Dubai hotels, and didn't cause us any inconvenience as taxis are readily available and cheap. One tip when asking taxis to go to the hotel though: give the full address of the hotel as there are two Four Points by Sheraton in Dubai, and the other hotel is seen by taxi drivers as being located in the 'Downtown' area of the city, which is a bit confusing, and led to a longer taxi ride for us! We did get to see another part of the city at night in air-conditioned comfort though!

Room Tip: There is some building work going on in front of the hotel which we were made aware of a the time of...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiniWanderer
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi MiniWanderer,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing this brilliant review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed the newly renovated pool area.

Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast service as well as our spacious and comfortable rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great value hotel, good position for all round activities but 15 mins away from town centre if you just want to be there. Nice friendly staff, good food, nice pool. Make sure you get town taxis not white ones as they are more expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simone H
Hi Simone H,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Four Points has come a long way, at least in this part of the world. I was upgraded to an Starwood Preferred Guest room; it was very spacious, good-sized bathroom, deep bathtub and shower, flat screen tv and free, extra-capacity wifi.

The room also has a small refrigerator and dry-bar, so I could prepare cold meals and store ingredients for my 9-night stay.

The staff is uniformly friendly and always seems to go the little extra step...punching an elevator button, offering to carry a negligible bag of groceries, asking what time I'd like my room made up...reflecting a level of thoughtfulness that is unexpected in what is, essentially, a lower-middle-level property.

GREAT bed. Very important.

The Gym is well-equipped, four treadmills and a machine for every function, plus free weights. Very good; though a tad too hot for my taste. I work up a sweat, I'd rather not start with one.

I had a GREAT massage from Pamela. I could tell by her hands that she is a mother; gentle but no-nonsense. I got an 80-minute full body and she put my muscles to work. Fully professional and I could not recommend her more highly. Excellent experience and a long nap, after. (Make sure you drink plenty of water!)

Downsides:
Difficult to get the room cool. It wasn't hot, but for five days and three requests, could not get it below 23-degrees which...for me...is too hot to sleep. That may have finally been rectified, on the day of this writing; I'm still waiting.

Woman are allowed into the gym while wearing perfume. Not at all good.

That is an immediate workout-killer, especially with the heavy scents in this part of the world. What is alluring and sexy in mood lighting can cause gagging and headaches in a gym. I wish signs would be posted; it can be awful.

***EXAMPLE of level of service: I left the gym when Perfume Lady and her Companion / Husband / Trainer showed up. Pamela (who oversees the gym) telephoned me in my room as that couple left, alerting me that the Coast was Clear so that I could return and complete my workout. Most cool.

The restaurants are fair. Breakfast is mostly baked goods, old fruit and cold cuts, and NO bowls are provided for the cereals. I'm one for cereal and fruit mixed with yoghurt which, on a plate, can become fairly messy. No big deal, just an annoyance.

On the day I arrived, the lunch special in the Italian restaurant was one of three Risotto dishes: Seafood, Duck and Vegetarian. I had a feeling what I ultimately received would be what it was: a blob of nondescript risotto with a seafood skewer on top, rendering that dish "seafood" risotto.

Nope. I ate the fish and two bites of the Universal Risotto.

I'm sure if one sticks with meats and grills, the meals are fine.

If you're a Housekeeping Tipper, it's a daily thing; as staff at this property for this routine changes every day. I like to tip well, at the beginning, midway through and at the end of extended stays; so the person who cleaned my room on the first day rec'd a windfall, and the next day it was a new guy...and the next. I changed my system for this place.

Again, everyone is nice and seems genuinely to want to please.

I will return here.

Room Tip: If you are Starwood Preferred, the room is spacious and better than adequate. No carpeting; but that...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KileOzier
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Hi KileOzier,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the upgrade.

We do appreciate the detail in your review. Our staff is our joy and pride – they certainly go out of their way to make our guests feel right at home.

I am glad you enjoyed the Four Comfort Bed and our Fitness Centre.

I will certainly share your comments with Pamela. I have already shared your comments regarding our food as well as the breakfast service with our Food and Bevearge Manager.

Having the opportunity to host you was our pleasure and we look forward to having the opportunity to see you again!

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This excellent hotel was located at 10/15 minutes’ walk from the metro station in a residential area of downtown Dubai. There aren’t any attraction nearby but you can reach the Dubai souk in a 30 minutes walk in the intense heat! You can also take the metro and 4 stations after you arrive at Dubai mall and Burj Khalifa. The room in the hotel was very spacious and with a sleeping and resting area with 2 big sofas. The view wasn’t anything special but it’s a residential area. The breakfast need to be improved because didn’t had much variety and when the things over they took a bit to replace it. Also the pool of the hotel was out of order! Not the best time to do works in the pool! The hotel also have buses to Mercato Mall, Dubai Mall and Jumeirah Beach Park. All the staff were very very nice and friendly, in an Arabian style.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FConceicao
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi FConceicao,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing this review.

Our hotel is in one of the best spots in town – we are minutes away from the city’s downtown and gold and spice souks. We also offer shuttle services to Jumeirah beach and the Dubai mall.

Your comments regarding breakfast have been noted and we will be sure to act upon them.

I do hope you made use of the alternative we arranged during the pool closure.

We would love to welcome you back on a future trip to Dubai.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it. We arrived at about 4am and they let us check in early at no extra cost. The room was massive and very clean. Everyone was really friendly and would greet you with a smile. The location was really good with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. The free shuttle to Dubai Mall was really helpful and saved on taxi fares, although taxis were super cheap in Dubai anyway.

Overall, this was a great hotel and we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cron7
Hi cron7,

Thank you for posting this great review about your visit. It is such a pleasure to read your kind words and to share the comments with the entire team.

We are happy to know that you fully enjoyed our facilities and services and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is clean and perfect location.Bell staff very helpful.George and his two coworkers (I wish I remember there names )they were the best of the best..Hotel operator was very rude and uncaring.My family keep calling from USA and the young lady gave them hard time.Phone in the room did not work properly.Hot water in the shower did not work.I stayed at the Sheraton by the airport ..... 3 weeks ago,the service is day and night.Maybe the manager need to send this hotel staff to the sister hotel to teach them customer service.
TY

Room Tip: my room was excellent.Clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Frei_13
Aqsa Y, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi Frei_13,

Thank you for staying with us and for appreciating our associates at the Bell Desk.

However, I sincerely apologize that you had a difficult time with one of our associates.

I wish you could have had a better experience with us. However, we do appreciate your feedback because it has helped us improve our overall customer service experience.

The problem with the hot water have been addressed by our Engineering department.

On behalf of the staff I, once again, apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Positives:
Very reasonable price for such luxurious treatment
Good concierge service to book restaurant reservations
Although it's not ideally placed per se (more below) it only costs £11 or so to get as far as the Palm or Marina in a taxi
Free bus service to Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Mall
Great facilities for when you check out and have a flight as late as we did (midnight, bag storage options and shower facilities)
Lovely rooms

Negatives:
It's over 20km (30 minutes) from Jumeirah Beach and further to Dubai Marina. It's still a 10 minute taxi ride to Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa
The pool was closed for maintenance which we were unaware of when booking, the facilities offered round the corner were not of Sheraton standard though we were able to use the facilities at the Sheraton on Sheikh al Zayed road which were fantastic

Overall:
A pleasurable stay which offers luxury for great value for money

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexyoung27
Hi alexyoung27,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on our hotel. Your kind comments are truly appreciated.

It is a pleasure to read from your review you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the high level of service we provided you.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you as far as the pool is concerned. I hope you made full use of the alternative provided.

We look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to in the near future.