“Great rooms next to a shopping mall...”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #36 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night stay in this hotel. Hotel is merely 10 minutes by taxi from Dubai International Airport Was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. The bathroom took up half the room itself. The shower area can be slippery so be sure to ask for a rubber anti-slip bath mat. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a well equipped gym but we found the pool to be lacking. The breakfast spread at the coffee house, Anise, has an excellent spread. You will not be disappointed.

The hotel is adjoined to the Dubai Festival Mall with over 600 retail shops. There are plenty of restaurants nearby if you do not want to eat in the hotel. Jamie Oliver has an italian restaurant with pretty good food. Hard Rock is also located in the shopping centre.

The hotel is located slightly away from the main sights. For e.g. a taxi ride to Dubai Mall would cost about AED 25 and to Burj Al Arab about AED 50. Do not take the hotel taxis as the charge is almost double. All in all, a great hotel I would not mind staying in again. Thanks for a lovely experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear “Kim8mis”,

It is very pleasing to learn that you had a “lovely experience” during your recent stay with us here at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, and many thanks for posting your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to learn you admired the room furniture, the “comfortable” bed, the bathroom and that you found the Anise breakfast to be “excellent”. I am also glad to read that you enjoyed the Festival Centre mall connected to the hotel as this is indeed one of the popular aspects of our hotel that is preferred by many, along with our proximity to the airport.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Dubai and I do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on the way back to Australia from Europe. It was comfortable and the rooms well appointed. I felt that the location may have been less than ideal. I think a location closer to the beach would have been better. The pool area, which is shared with the Crown Plaza falls short of the Intercontinental standard. We had dinner at the Terra Firma Restaurant which was terrible - I sent my meal back basically untouched and the restaurant manager cleverly avoided coming near us, while talking to his friends sitting near us for the entire night. Once we saw what was on offer in the rest of Dubai, I felt we definately could have made a better choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This hotel is amazing!!! The rooms are fabulous with a nice big bathroom and shower! The buffet is very memorable! The best a hotel could offer, with all different cuisines, wood fire pizza, sushi, curries, all made fresh with chefs waiting for your order! Tonnes of desserts and sweets to choose from including a massive milk chocolate and white chocolate fountain to dip your strawberries in!! Heaven!!! The rooftop pool is refreshing and has a great view, and this place is right next to a shopping centre! I would love to go back to Dubai, even if it's just to stay in this hotel!!! :)

• Stayed: September 2011
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Dear “SteffyBarnes”,

I am delighted to learn you have had a wonderful time during your recent stay in InterContinental Dubai Festival City and became one of your favorite hotels. I also would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to learn you admired your “fabulous” room and bathroom and were satisfied with the “fantastic” buffet in Anise restaurant. It was especially pleasing to read that you found our buffet to be memorable and would like you to rest assured that your comments will be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

Our guest’s complete satisfaction is our main goal at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, and it is rewarding to learn this has been achieved on this occasion. We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Great hotel, amazing rooms, amazing bathroom and the best buffet ever! There is food from everywhere and its all great and fresh! All different cuisines excellently presented. Great rooftop pool. Next door to the huge mall as well for the shoppers. Tallest doorman I have ever seen, 7 ft 6!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear “Thongchai4286”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and in particular comments regarding our rooftop pool, amazing rooms and bathroom. I was also pleased you enjoyed your experience in our Anise restaurant and that you found it to be the “best buffet ever” . Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

I do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future. Our doorman will be waiting to greet you with a smile as big as his stature.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed here in April 2011 and being my first time in Dubai and a Gold ambassador, i decided to chose this property!

Definately no regrets and had a Superior Club Suite room. Club lounge was wonderful especially Essy who took care of me! Travelling to the main City by cab was quite all right about a 20 mins ride! Would definately come back and this would be my choice of property! =)

Only downside is the breakfast ... Everyday is the SAME!! It would be great if they could have some asian breakfast sometimes.

Room Tip: Get a superior Club room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Dear “JonHeng87”,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here on Trip Advisor.

It is very pleasing to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you had a “wonderful” experience in our Club Lounge thanks to the offering and the service of Essy. I greatly appreciate your kind words about our colleague and we are proud to receive such glowing comments regarding the service she provided. Our team pride themselves in making each guest feel at home during their stay with us and your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

With regards to your other comment regarding the breakfast buffet please rest assured that your feedback have been shared accordingly.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

If youre in Dubai for shopping or even touristing this is a great central location from which most malls, the airport and key business areas are within easy reach. This hotel also has a particularly good concierge for restaurant recommendations and reservations for those wanting to try what dubai has to offer in terms of dining. As its a city hotel there no amazing view worth noting unless you particularly enjoy city spreads but the rooms are nicely set up, clean and as you would expect for a 5* hotel. Right outside is a marina walk with restaurants and cafes for those wanting to wander before and after dinner and theres a rooftop bar that great for pre- dinner or bedtime drinks. The hotel restaurant also offers a fantastic breakfast and lunch buffet with lots of stations to statisfy varying preferences.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AliyaLindgren

Dear “AliyaLindgren”,

I am delighted to learn you have had a great time during your recent stay in InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and in particular your comments regarding our customer service, nice rooms, facilities, and the overall quality of the food provided in our Anise restaurant. Indeed, our hotel’s proximity to the airport and the Festival Centre Mall is one of the popular aspects preferred by many of our guests. Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

I was very pleased to note that you consider us a “great city hotel” with a “great central location” and I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Dubai. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Don't expect a 5stars service.. If you are used to really fancy 5 stars hotels you will be disappointed. At the reception they gave me the keys and you're on your own. No one showed us the room and made sure that we are happy with it. We went to the room with the guy who was taking our luggage. The carpets of my room were wet!! My kids were expecting cupcakes and treats!! And fruits would be nice! I stayed only for 2 night. The next day I got a call from the security telling me that the guest who stayed at the same room before me lost her necklace and the security will come to my room to look for it!!!! What the hell??? Couldn't they wait till the next morning after I check out!! Anyways nice location the waterfront was beautiful. It was close to the airport which was perfect for me because I was just staying as a transit after a long flight before going home!! but if you are used to 4 seasons and fancy hotels, don't go there!!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank L0veB0nes
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear “Lovebones”,

I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I can understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and I would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly.

Despite the challenges you faced I was pleased to note that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future so that we can provide you with a true Intercontinental experience.