“Perfect service beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Dubai Festival City

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #21 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Alanya, Turkey
“Perfect service beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Beautiful stylish hotel. We stayed in an incredible suite and enjoyed an overwhelming breakfast buffet.
The concierge service was the best we have ever experienced. They took a lot of time to help us with visa issues.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear “Leolanya”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I really enjoyed reading your review and to see that in such few words your explanation made it clear about how much you enjoyed our hotel. I was very glad to note your appreciation of the “incredible suite” that you stayed in and the fact that you consider our concierge to be among the best. Hopefully, we will once again have the opporunity of welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Took a while to decide on a hotel in Dubai and finally settled for this hotel, which was a very good decision. Probably one of the best hotels in the city in that price range with many local Emirati visiting. Here's the rundown:

* excellent location: close to airport (nice to arrive at hotel 5 minutes after long flight), close to desert, connected to shopping mall (many restaurants & comprehsive food court), close to other attractions (Burj Khalifa). Also great views of lake and Dubai.

* family friendly, many pools, some small waterfalls, many sunloungers with excellent service. One of the pools has a nice glass bottom feature, kids loved that. Some pools are shared with the Crowne Plaza next door, this was not a problem at all. Also some nice fishbow swings in the club reception area.

* comfortable rooms, especially the executive room we had was very spacious and fitted 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably (not many hotels in DXB do in that price range).

* restaurants looked excellent, but expensive so we never ate inside hotel (breakfast looked comprehensive but also pricey).

* steer-yourself canal boat ride available at night close to the hotel

* overall a 5 star experience as far as we were concerned, and we are frequent & picky travelers

NEGATIVES:

* toilet located in (executive room) bathroom with lack of privacy (insufficiently enclosed, glass door that does not lock and with a fairly wide see-through gap). Otherwise I would have given hotel 5 stars. Not sure if this is the case in other non-executive rooms.

* gym/sauna/steamroom close after 10pm, too early

* steamroom / sauna pretty basic

* restaurants expensive, but you can go next door to the mall to eat if you wish

Room Tip: if you want non-smoking room, you must specify with reservation. Executive rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Planedriver
Dear “Planedriver”,

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and enjoyed reading your comments about the “excellent location and service”, “comfortable rooms” of the hotel and the convenience and choices that the nearby shopping mall offered you. I am also glad to note that you consider our hotel to be one of the best in the city.

It was however unfortunate to know that there were a few aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectiations, in particular the inconvenience of the bathroom toilet. It was also disappointing that you were unable to dine at any of our outlets, however I was happy that you explored the dining options in the adjacent mall. Hopefully, on your next visit, you will experience the amazing selection of restaurants within the hotel.

Thank you once again and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed here in Novemeber 2011 and was very pleased with the quality of the hotel. The room was really clean and quite modern - no issues there. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice - fresh omelettes, sushi you name it it was on offer. We used the hotel 'taxi' to do a 3 hour tour of the city as we only had 1 full day to see the place. The driver was excellent and took us to all the main places - it was quite cheap too between the two of us. The location in Festival city is a little way out of the main city but there's lots of resaurants and shops in the immediate area so again, it wasn't an issue. I'd certainly recommend this for business and I've even use it for a family visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MachineGun
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear “MachineGun”,

I was very pleased to read your most complimentary review of your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was extremely delighted to know that you enjoyed the “excellent breakfast” and the tour of Dubai. It is indeed a great pleasure driving around the city and I’m glad you felt the value you received was well worth the money spent. Hopefully you had a chance to explore all the exciting restaurants and attractions around the hotel, including the many restaurants and outlets that line the shopping mall next door.

Thank you once again and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next stay.

Yanbu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Hotel is huge and a lot of guests were checking in and out furing my stay. As I stayed for two days for bussiness in club floor creek view room. The facilites of the hotel are very good especially for western travelers. Design of hotel rooms anf cooridors let you feel it is old and out of spirit.

Room Tip: Request high floor creek view rooms as the other views of the hotel are not good.
Dear “Yaser A”,

I was happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the creek view room that you had booked. It is however quite unfortunate that you didn’t have the same opinion about our rooms and corridors and hopefully on your next visit you may find these more welcoming.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel so that we can provide you with a true InterContinental Dubai Festival City experience.

Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

It was a late night flight to Dubai and I waited for the hotel pick up to take me to Intercontinental Dubai Festival City. Regrettably, the pick-up did not arrive. Tired and disappointed, I took cab and reached the hotel. I complained to the duty manager who apologized and assured me that my stay will be comfortable and will forget all the anxiety I had suffered.

I was amazed with the luxury and size of the room. The view was wonderful, the room service was excellent and the staff was professional. It was a great value for money spent. I have recommended stay in this hotel to many of my friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear “rmarouf”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I was disappointed to hear of the inconvenience you experienced on your arrival and would like to apologize for this. However, I am delighted to know that the quality of your stay made up for this and you were “amazed with the luxury and size of the room” and enjoyed the “wonderful view” and “excellent room service”.

Despite the inconvenience you encountered I was very pleased to note that your overall stay was good and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for a business conference In February my husband had in the hotel. It was convenient as it was attached to the Festival City Mall so I could do a bit of shopping and grab a costa and lunch over looking the beautiful little canal they have built alongside a walkway lined with restaurants. My husband had to just go down the lift for his conference.
The hotel itself is beautiful the reception area is surrounded with beautiful flower arrangements. The staff were polite and helpful. The room was great, spacious and well set out with a bath and a shower. Really nice view over the water and back over the mall. The bed was the a real let down for us really uncomfortable and didn't sleep well either night. No top sheet just a cover that was aweful It's a shame as the other intercons have amazing beds.
The restaurant for breakfast was great good choice of different cuisines and laid out really well with outdoor seating.
The Internet in the room was a pain the free one kept dropping out and was a waste of time. In the end we paid for the Internet for my husbands work.
All in all was an ok stay but won't be back will go somewhere with comfy beds.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear “FitMoose2”,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. I was happy to know that you found the location of our hotel to be “convenient” and appreciated the “beautiful flower arrangements”.

I was however disappointed to know of the discomfort you experienced during your stay as well as the inconvenience you faced with the Internet. Please be assured that your feedback has been communicated with the respective departments and we will endeavor to improve our services by taking your comments into consideration.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel so that we can provide you with a true InterContinental experience in the future.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I am agold ambassador member of this hotel and i have been staying in this hotel for almost 20 days per year for the last 5 years. lately the hotel standared are going down. for example they offer you 2 single beds in stead of king bed,smoking room instead of non smoking,room in front of the elevator,room far away smal size at the corner,room with dameged tials,TV with remote control not working. We discussd te issue with the duty managers but their respons that they are busy with the holidays. It is the time for change. to be cosedared in low sessons only.

3 Thank malsaeedi
franck_hesse, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your view on the InterContinental Dubai Festival City and for having visited us already more than 20 times over the past 5 years.

Upon your feedback I have checked the situation with our duty managers and I'm sorry we haven't been able to provide you with a room that was more to your liking. Indeed the hotel was running at full occupancy upon your check-in, which caused the challenge to provide you with a King Size, non smoking room. Having your preferences saved in your profile now will make it far easier for us to allocated the rooms prior your future arrivals.

We are looking back to seeing you again at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City in the near future. Kind regards.