“Fantastic, luxurious, modern hotel”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #33 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic, luxurious, modern hotel”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed for one night while transiting and were really impressed with the Intercon Festival City. Being quite new, the hotel is very modern with all of the luxuries you would expect from an Intercon.

We were checked in early and received an upgrade to an outstanding double suite, was just brilliant - massive room with a big view of the Dubai skyline. All meals and drinks we had in the hotel were excellent and there is a great lobby bar for watching the sunset and the skyline light up. We spent a few hours by the pool in the afternoon which was divine, exactly what we needed to cure our jetlag.

It's close to the airport (10 mins) though a little far from Dubai's major attractions, but we found taxi's to be really quite cheap (around US$10 to the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa), so location is no real issue. The nearby Festival City mall is good for shopping and restaurants, but is nothing like Dubai Mall, a must visit.

Overall, a really high quality hotel that is particularly good for short stop overs in Dubai.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the skyline, it's quite impressive.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam V
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear "Adam V",
Thank you for taking the time to write about your "fantastic" experience in InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We are pleased to read your great comments about your stay, and that you enjoyed the room, the restaurants and the pool area. It is certainly a rewarding feeling to know that our guests leave our hotel with a positive experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again in our hotel, for a longer period than a stopover.

Sincerely.
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
lucern, switzerland
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst at a conference. The breakfast was superb with options from around the world, and with very good coffee (not 'burnt' like you get in so many places). Our room was spacious and very comfortable - it was easy to stay there for a week. Generally speaking the staff were very attentive and helpful (especially in the dining room and the hotel entrance). The service from the reception staff differed a liitle too much from person to person. But, if I had to go back to Dubai, I would be very happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear "Michael_Teena",

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We are proud of reading feedback about the breakfast experience, and to know that you enjoyed the many offerings of our restaurant. We appreciate the comments regarding the colleagues and their service specially of the dining areas and entrance; we do our best to deliver a good and consistent service to our guests, and take very serious your note regarding the reception team. I can assure you this has been communicated to the respective department head for a further review.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Dubai.

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently left the marvellous Bangkok International Hotel heading for the Dubai Intercontinental where my wife ,being a long term Ambassador Club member had booked well in advance.
Our Bangkok Hotel had also called in advance conforming our booking the previous day.
On arrival a smug looking male receptionist looked us in the eye and denied that there had been an advanced Member booking and disingenuously advised that in any event there were no upgrade rooms available .
Ok so far .
How was it we asked ,that we were met by a representative of the hotel with a notice board and a limo for our transportation?
Just a shrug ,and no answer to this !
Having been clearly caught out with an outright lie ,he offered us free breakfast given my wife's Ambassador membership the card which she proffered on arrival.
Now for the upgrade , which we were entitled to , as well as club facilities.
Well, he said ,he would make an exception this time and allow us club facilities but no upgrade.
My wife immediately checked online to confirm that there were plenty of upgrade rooms available.
To this , a shrug of the shoulders and a reiteration of his earlier statement that there were none available.
I can appreciate cost skimping in some of the less wealthier countries ,but Dubai!,
With respect this man should be given notice as he is the face of the Hotel and is doing the brand an immense disservice .
A Happy ending however!
The Club was absolutely marvellous so all was not lost !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill M
Dear "Bill M",
Warm greetings from InterContinental Dubai Festival City. I am writing to express my concern regarding the recent comment you posted on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I want to thank you for your loyalty and continuous trust in the InterContinental brand, we are happy to receive Ambassador members in our hotels.

We dedicate great efforts to ensure the satisfaction of our guests, and are disappointed to know that upon your arrival we fell short to meet your expectations. We would like to apologize for this and assure you that whenever possible, we do our utmost to please our Ambassador guests, unfortunately in this occasion we missed the opportunity to show this to you. We will review the information given and discuss this matter with the colleague to avoid any similar situations in the future. On regards to the club lounge, we are glad to see that you enjoyed it and it was a highlight in your time with us.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon so that we can provide you with a true InterContinental experience.

Toronto
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've stayed here on three separate occasions this year as I had business nearby. The positives of this hotel are: proximity to the airport, it's attached to the Festival City Mall, and the public areas are quite nice. The pool is also quite nice. Check-in is quick and painless. The staff has been very attentive and quick to respond to my needs. The rooms are a good size, well designed, and clean but could be freshened up a bit--furniture/furnishings are showing their age. The creek views are very nice. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the last visit and the room was really outstanding. The only real downside would be the location--which works well for me --but if you wanted to spend time in the city it's not so great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear "MRDB9"
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stays in InterContinental Dubai Festival City. We are pleased to read that we have delivered a consist good experience on your three visits.

I was delighted to read your comments involving many aspects of your stay from check in to the pool area, and sincerely thank you for highlighting the areas that made a difference.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 6 November 2013

When your room costs more than $1000 a night you expect 5* luxury, right? And you won't be disappointed if you stay at the Intercontinental Festival City. Firstly, it's 5 minutes by taxi from the airport so if you arrive late at night as I did there is no hassle getting to the hotel. It's also a short taxi ride from the Metro so Dubai is very accessible from here. A very warm welcome as soon as I exited the cab, check in was easy & I was shown to my room. The room has every possible amenity you could need but nothing appears to be too much trouble for the wonderful staff here & I'm sure they'd find you anything that you needed. Everybody has a welcoming smile on their face & you are greeted warmly wherever you go in the hotel. The room was very spacious with a super comfortable king size bed & large windows overlooking Dubai Creek & Festival Centre mall. The bathroom was large with separate area for toilet, vanity, bath & shower. The lighting was perfect with the ability to create as much or as little light as needed in each area of the room. There are wonderful dining options & I highly recommend the breakfast buffet. The hotel is attached to the Crowne Plaza & the 2 hotels share facilities, so you have access to multiple restaurants & more than 1 pool. Dubai is not an inexpensive place to visit, but if your budget does allow for a stay in this hotel, then you should definitely do it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Dubai creek - you won't be disappointed.
Dear "Simon M",

Thank you for your review and comments regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We are pleased to read your comprehensive review highlighting the main areas you liked about our hotel such as the breakfast experience, room design, leisure areas and specially your remarks about the attentiveness of the team. We are glad to receive such motivating feedback specially on our service, since makes us proud of our efforts to make every guest stay a memorable one.

Once again thank you for your comments and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

René van Camp
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 October 2013

One of the nicest hotel in Dubai, with good location, and on walking distance to Festival city shopping mall, however I was shocked to see cockroaches in the meeting room ( Al Waha 2), while we were at the middle of our training . I manage with my collegue to catch 2 of them, and we were hoping we don't see any of them on the food and drinks placed in the meeting room.

such thing is not acceptable in any hotel in Dubai, so what if this hotel is with InterContinental brand.

even the water glasses placed on the table was dirty .

The hotel seems to be very busy at this time of the year, however there is no excuse for such hotel to neglect on the hygienic issues.

5 Thank Abdulla A
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear "Abdulla A"

First of all, I'm happy to know that you consider our hotel to be among the best in Dubai. I believe you enjoy our hotel's location and close proximity to the Festival City mall. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I was concerned to read about the experience you faced in one of our meeting rooms. Please be assured that your feedback was very valuable to us and allowed us to investigate the cause of your discomfort and take the necessary correct measures. We have established ourselves as a clean and safe hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many, and in the event that the comfort of our guests is compromised, immediate action is taken to rectify this. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here with my husband who is a Royal Ambassador member. We got upgraded to a beautiful suite, which was the nicest hotel room I believe I've ever stayed in! It had a full living room, dining area, bar, powder room, master bath w/ceiling faucet for the tub and a separate shower. The closet was very large and also separate. We were greeted by name every time we returned from being out. It's connected to a mall so there are places within walking distance where you can eat or shop. We had a wonderful view from our room also. You can ask for a pillow menu and try out all sorts of different pillows to sleep on. The bed was very comfortable, better than my mattress at home! Very nice!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank slatsyrc
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear "Crystal S",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and in particular about your satisfaction as an Ambassador loyalty program member. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the suite given to you and the view from our hotel which we are very proud of.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in Festival City.

Once again thank you for the kind words of praise and your continuous loyalty to our brand.