“A nice stay”

Ranked #33 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A nice stay”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We booked 2 rooms for one night. We were upgraded to a 2 room suite. The suite was beautiful with 2 nice rooms with their own bathrooms and a third one at entrance with a nice sitting area. The service was generally good. Complimentary internet was provided. The lobby is spacious; but sometimes you will notice that chairs are not enough .
The hotel is connected to Festival City mall which is a relatively small but lovely mall with nice restaurants and a nice promenade beside a small marina. The hotel is five minutes driving to the airport which makes it convenient especially for visitors with short stay in Dubai.
I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to take a room in an upper level . The view in either side is nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear "Rodiii S",
Thank you for your nice comments on Trip Advisor. We are please to see you had a nice stay with us.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the suite provided, the facilities and the location. It is due to our guests feedback that we understand how we are doing as a hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Regards,

Rene Van Camp
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel, well situated with genuine helpful staff and the hotel is modern clean and smart. We felt welcome from the minute we stepped out of the car, and walk into the amazing reception. The rooms are spacious and kept spotless. The pool is great and the pool staff attentive. Food is excellent both in the club lounge or in one of the on site restaurants. Will be booking again for next Spring.

Room Tip: Creek facing gives the best views
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear "Emma T",

Thank you for your nice comments on Trip Advisor.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations and you felt welcome from arrival to your leisure time at the pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Regards,
Rene Van Camp
London
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review of my stay at IC whilst still in the hotel but just a few hours from my flight back to London. As a Royal Ambassador I've been to IC properties all over the world and surely I had night expectations for this stay in Dubai. I've used reward points to book my stay and the hotel still kindly offered me an upgrade to an amazing 1 bedroom suite and complimentary mini bar beverages which isn't a very common practice for these type of bookings even when you've such high status. The suite was huge, modern, extremely comfortable and with a really wow factor. The hotel is extremely nice, the terrace, pool, gym, spa are all literally GREAT and you don't find yourself sorry that you aren't staying closer to the centre of Dubai or even right next to Jumeirah beach. Taxis are not expensive and you can get easily everywhere and it doesn't cost much. The reason I'm not giving IC Dubai a 5 star rating has to do with my expectations when I compare this stay with my recent stays at Intercontinental Hong Kong and Intercontinental Bora Bora-Thalasso. It's about the staff more specifically the Club ambassador and guest relations teams. I can imagine how stressful and fast paced their job can be in a city which receives so many high profile people, so many wannabes as well. However, this is a challenge not necessarily a laissez faire, laissez passer so I can't accept, not even as a top customer that:

A) staff isn't warm and welcoming enough (obviously this can't be generalised as it was my experience, I could have had the worst of lucks?)

B) that the guest relations team didn't reply to one enquiry I've sent to them. Because I didn't receive the usual prompt reply, I gave myself the opportunity to remind them that I was waiting for an answer, on a face to face conversation (just in case they wouldn't have received the email with the enquiry) - to no avail in leaving Dubai with this enquiry unanswered. In times where assuring that guests have memorable stays is so key and "trendy" I'm about to leave IC Dubai with a bitter sweet. That's it, sometimes small details can screw a whole experience up.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank nrmm
Dear "Nuno_Martins_Maced",

Warm greetings from InterContinental Dubai Festival City. We are glad you have shared your comments on TripAdvisor and have given us the opportunity to review and learn from your feedback..

First of all, I want to thank you for your loyalty and continuous trust in the InterContinental brand, we are happy to receive Ambassador members in our hotels and be able to provide the best service possible.

We dedicate great efforts to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and are pleased to know that you enjoyed the overall experience in our hotel, although regret to read your remarks regarding the Club Lounge/guest services team fell short to meet your requests and provide you with a warm service which we are always keen on offering. I have personally addressed your comments with the team and can assure you we have taken your feedback seriously.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon, so that we can provide you with a true InterContinental experience.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I spend over 120 nights a year in hotels on business and if they were all as good as this it would be a pleasure. As an Ambassador member we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was incredible. It was immaculately clean and tidy (a credit to the housekeeping staff) with all of the conveniences you would expect including a Nespresso coffee maker which made a great start to every day. At check in we were given the option to pay a supplement for the club lounge - best money I could have spent. The staff in the lounge are fantastic, the view spectacular and the hospitality incredible. This is a great hotel for business or pleasure, the location is great for getting to the malls and souks snd is only 15 minutes from the airport (25dhms) by taxi. The acid test would we come back - in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you can pay the extra for a club room you will not be disappointed
2 Thank divepetem9
Dear "divepetem9",
Thank you so much for your recent comments on Trip Advisor about your stay with us.

It is a delight to read your feedback knowing you enjoyed your time in Dubai and that we were part of the experience. We are proud of our facilities and services offered to our guests, and receiving your kind praise, motivates us to keep working towards our guests satisfaction.

I have personally shared your comments with the housekeeping and club lounge team, congratulating them for contributing to your "Amazing" experience, which we hope we have the opportunity to repeat in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed for one night while transiting and were really impressed with the Intercon Festival City. Being quite new, the hotel is very modern with all of the luxuries you would expect from an Intercon.

We were checked in early and received an upgrade to an outstanding double suite, was just brilliant - massive room with a big view of the Dubai skyline. All meals and drinks we had in the hotel were excellent and there is a great lobby bar for watching the sunset and the skyline light up. We spent a few hours by the pool in the afternoon which was divine, exactly what we needed to cure our jetlag.

It's close to the airport (10 mins) though a little far from Dubai's major attractions, but we found taxi's to be really quite cheap (around US$10 to the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa), so location is no real issue. The nearby Festival City mall is good for shopping and restaurants, but is nothing like Dubai Mall, a must visit.

Overall, a really high quality hotel that is particularly good for short stop overs in Dubai.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the skyline, it's quite impressive.
1 Thank Adam V
Dear "Adam V",
Thank you for taking the time to write about your "fantastic" experience in InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We are pleased to read your great comments about your stay, and that you enjoyed the room, the restaurants and the pool area. It is certainly a rewarding feeling to know that our guests leave our hotel with a positive experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again in our hotel, for a longer period than a stopover.

Sincerely.
lucern, switzerland
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst at a conference. The breakfast was superb with options from around the world, and with very good coffee (not 'burnt' like you get in so many places). Our room was spacious and very comfortable - it was easy to stay there for a week. Generally speaking the staff were very attentive and helpful (especially in the dining room and the hotel entrance). The service from the reception staff differed a liitle too much from person to person. But, if I had to go back to Dubai, I would be very happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear "Michael_Teena",

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We are proud of reading feedback about the breakfast experience, and to know that you enjoyed the many offerings of our restaurant. We appreciate the comments regarding the colleagues and their service specially of the dining areas and entrance; we do our best to deliver a good and consistent service to our guests, and take very serious your note regarding the reception team. I can assure you this has been communicated to the respective department head for a further review.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Dubai.

René van Camp
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently left the marvellous Bangkok International Hotel heading for the Dubai Intercontinental where my wife ,being a long term Ambassador Club member had booked well in advance.
Our Bangkok Hotel had also called in advance conforming our booking the previous day.
On arrival a smug looking male receptionist looked us in the eye and denied that there had been an advanced Member booking and disingenuously advised that in any event there were no upgrade rooms available .
Ok so far .
How was it we asked ,that we were met by a representative of the hotel with a notice board and a limo for our transportation?
Just a shrug ,and no answer to this !
Having been clearly caught out with an outright lie ,he offered us free breakfast given my wife's Ambassador membership the card which she proffered on arrival.
Now for the upgrade , which we were entitled to , as well as club facilities.
Well, he said ,he would make an exception this time and allow us club facilities but no upgrade.
My wife immediately checked online to confirm that there were plenty of upgrade rooms available.
To this , a shrug of the shoulders and a reiteration of his earlier statement that there were none available.
I can appreciate cost skimping in some of the less wealthier countries ,but Dubai!,
With respect this man should be given notice as he is the face of the Hotel and is doing the brand an immense disservice .
A Happy ending however!
The Club was absolutely marvellous so all was not lost !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill M
Dear "Bill M",
Warm greetings from InterContinental Dubai Festival City. I am writing to express my concern regarding the recent comment you posted on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I want to thank you for your loyalty and continuous trust in the InterContinental brand, we are happy to receive Ambassador members in our hotels.

We dedicate great efforts to ensure the satisfaction of our guests, and are disappointed to know that upon your arrival we fell short to meet your expectations. We would like to apologize for this and assure you that whenever possible, we do our utmost to please our Ambassador guests, unfortunately in this occasion we missed the opportunity to show this to you. We will review the information given and discuss this matter with the colleague to avoid any similar situations in the future. On regards to the club lounge, we are glad to see that you enjoyed it and it was a highlight in your time with us.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon so that we can provide you with a true InterContinental experience.