“Great staff”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #34 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Great staff”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

A very friendly hotel, so great staff who would do anything to make you feel good, I got free room upgrade only cz It took me an effort to find my ID!, quality as expected from this chain.
The Greek + Burj Khalifa rooms view worth it for sure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
45777IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear 'Eminent G',

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and for the motivating feedback specially on our service. Reading that the team took great care of you and ensured you had a great stay, makes us proud of our efforts to make every guest stay a memorable one.

Once again thank you for your comment and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

Best Regards,
Rene van Camp
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

You will not be disappointed if you stay here!! The location is excellent with plenty of restaurants and shops on your doorstep!! The rooms are amazing and wonderfully clean!! The staff cannot do enough for you!! The pool area is amazing and the pool snack bar is excellent too!! The crowne plaza is linked and we often went for a drink in the bar there which again was very good!! I cannot fault this hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel or staying there again myself!! Sooner rather than later I hope!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank CDITAI
Dear 'CDITAI'

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor

It is a delight to read your review and know that you had such a positive experience while staying in InterContinental Dubai Festival City. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are up to our guests expectations, and it is rewarding to receive feedback highlighting your positive experience in many areas.

Your remarks regarding the service and the leisure area are a delight to read, be assured this will be shared with the teams to recognize their great efforts and dedication.

Once again thank you for your comment and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

See you soon!

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent there a weekend with my kids, we really enjoyed the pool, tha jacouzi beside the pool is a smart idea rather than in the spa, the sea view, friendly staff, clean confortable room and a superb international breakfast that you should never miss.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear 'i_esmat'.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to receive your positive feedback and note that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit in our hotel.

We take great pride of our facilities and services; receiving your praise highlighting the great experience at the leisure area and our breakfast, gives us confidence and inspires us to continue delivering successful experiences to our guests.

Thank you again for your comments and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I am here on business and my wife was to join me but had to cancel last minute her portion. I am an Ambassador Member with Intercontinental Hotel so entitled to upgrades. They upgrade me to a King Suite and the space and view are outstanding. Sad my wife couldn't join. Facilities and location also very convenient as near the Airport.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a room here for about 17 hours, after a cruise and before flying home, so in terms of value maybe hard to score. It was however a good 17 hours. The room was exceptionally equipped and the views excellent...but this is Dubai. Hotel was very helpful in checking us in at 11am (had emailed previously). interesting plumbing in the bathroom, bath 'tap' turned on the shower and vice versa, with the bath 'tap' being in the ceiling! but this is Dubai.....
Taxi to Dubai Mall was about £4, to the airport about £6.
The hotel has a very lovely pool area which we didn't have time to use with great views which we did see.
It seemed to us to be an ideal place to stay for convenience to get to downtown and for the airport and for local restaurants - there's a licenced Jamie's in the Festival Mall which we used.
Big surprise for us was the rain, started about 6pm and by the time we left at 5am, it really meant it - the airport was leaking! Think we might need to come back to see the real Dubai and wouldn't mind using this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a hotel at which I have stayed previously and has always been a good stay which has meant that I have been happy to return.

On this occasion the first room which I was given was possibly the smallest / pokiest room in the hotel - overlooking some large air conditioning fans, terrible. I called reception and pointed out that I had stayed before, and the room which I had been given was inconsistent with previous stays where I had booked same room type.

I was moved to another room in the same category, which was what I had been expecting for the booking, sorely disappointed that I had to complain to be moved. This is a hotel which I have stayed at on a number of previous occasions, will not be returning.

Room Tip: If you are offered room 615, save the trip up to the room to find out how bad it is and ask them for...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Aamir A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Aamir A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some candid feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the first room you were assigned prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mildura, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our recent family holiday spent in this hotel was nothing short of fabulous.
Walking into the enormous foyer adorned with massive floral arrangements, super polished floors and the most warm, welcoming and helpful staff was a great start to our experience at the Intercontinental Festival City Dubai.
Our room was immaculately clean and decor was impressively stylish, beds were super comfy,
and bathrooms where large and had all the facilities one expects to find in hotel bathrooms. The large windows allows you to view this amazing city whilst you sit back and enjoy some local beverages.
The kids ordered room service on more than one occasion and food selection was extensive and arrived quickly and was amazingly good.
This hotel has excellent restaurants, we highly recommend the French restaurant, Reflets by Pierre Gagnaire , PERFECTION, is all i can say, you have to experience this restaurant.
Being first time travellers to Dubui was made easy by the Concierge in reception, they have all the information about local tourist activities and were more than helpful in assisting us with booking events, providing timetables and transportation.
We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again on our next trip overseas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family