“I wish I could have stayed longer”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #27 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Brooklyn, New York
“I wish I could have stayed longer”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the InterContinental for one night during a long layover. I wish I could have stayed longer.

The facility is immaculate to the point of almost being impersonal. My room was excellent and was well stocked with everything I needed. I slept great as the bed was comfortable and it was perfectly quiet. My room had both a shower and a bath tub (both oddly in one room off of the bathroom).

All the staff I interacted with were exceptional. I tried to go to a restaurant at the top of the building which ended up being closed. On my way back to the elevator one of the staff who had observed me trying to open locked doors caught up with me and provided other suggestions as to where I could eat. She went out of her way to help me.

While this property does sit on top of a mall (much of which seemed to be shut down when I visited during Ramadan) Festival City seems to be a bit removed from the rest of Dubai. The most happening place was a belgian cafe (ie bar) in the neighboring Crown Plaza Hotel.

The property is a 10 or 15 minute drive from Dubai Airport. The taxi cost something like 50 dhms coming to the hotel and it was maybe half of that going back to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sundinkc
45777IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear 'sundinkc',

We would like to thank you for staying at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, and for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read your review and be able to share your comments about the stay with the rest of the team. We work very hard to ensure our service and facilities are up to our guests expectations and is good to see it reflects on our guests feedback.

We look forward to your next stay with us, hoping you can stay longer and enjoy it even further.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel, rooms were stunning, large, excellent views.
Housekeeping was excellent, always restocking amenities and free water, love the turn down service too.
Breakfast was big with ample choice of fresh delicious options. Loved being able to have a 'take away' coffee on my way out!
Wifi was free and fast
Shopping centre attached is handy although I preferred Deira Mall for my shopping.
Perhaps its only downfall is location, its a little far from the main attractions but I didn't find that to be a big problem. Close to airport though so handy for business or stopovers.
I would stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear 'TDip',

We appreciate the feedback about your visit, specially reading your remark that we are a 'wonderful hotel', makes us proud of our efforts to make every guest stay a memorable one. Your positive comments give us an opportunity to continue motivating our team to continue their dedication towards our guests satisfaction.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My first visit here was in 2013. We had taken a big room and as we were with our kids, it was just what we needed.
2 rooms
1 living room
2.5 baths.

and, 1 useless kitchen. I mean a stove or a microwave could have been a very good addition.

This place is connected to the Festival City Mall, and it makes eating shopping a tad easier.

My family has visited Dubai four times after this, and it is just same. HEAVEN!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
45777IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear 'Z R',

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This has to be the pinnacle of service excellence. On all levels the staff are quite superb. As you would expect, the accommodation, facilities and selection of food choices are second to none. The rooms are spacious and immaculate in presentation.

Stayed July 2014
45777IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear 'Mark R'.

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, we know that there are several accommodation options in Dubai and yet you have chosen to stay with us. Secondly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is really nice, with a magnificent entrance. The service is good as usual in Dubai, great rooms and an amazing breakfast, probably one of the best in Dubai. The restaurants are also really nice. The location is quite outside the city, but literally few minutes from the airport. This helps indeed if you are there just for meetings. I liked as well also the bars and restaurants with view on the creek, really nice to relax a bit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear 'Alessandr078',

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely happy to read your review and note that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and are happy to see it reflects in our guests' experiences.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

Glasgow
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here in February with my wife for 7 nights. Had a club suit absolutely amazing room, large comfy seating area with dinning room table also with a toilet off this room. Very nice bedroom with amazing comfy bed the curtains when closed provided complete darkness. Off the bedroom was large walk-in wardrobe with automatic lights & all other refinements you come to expect from good quality modern 5 star hotels. The bathroom & toilet area was first class & was designed as a wet room among the best design we have seen in Dubai.

The Club lounge was top notch for breakfast, evening drinks & hor dournes also amazing views over the creek watching the sun set behind the city, staff were very professional & within a day or so knew your name.

We ate lunch & had evening drinks at the Vista bar enjoying the Arabic Mezze on a few occasions very nice loved how you can sit in or outside.

The Concierge team were among the best in Dubai they booked restaurant's for us daily ensuring a taxi or car was at the hotel in plenty of time to get us to our destination, on one occasion i left my phone in a taxi the Concierge had the phone back to me within an hour delivered to our room.

The Spa, swimming pool & gym were also excellent. If you want some simple fast food Subway ect
there is a mall joined onto the hotel & all such fast-food eateries are there.

We loved this hotel & will visit again.

Room Tip: High level rooms provide great view. Book Club room / suits are amazing worth the extra
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 'glasga',

We are very happy to read your review and note that you enjoyed your overall experience. Your highlights regarding the Club Lounge, concierge team and leisure deck are a delight to read as it encourages us to continue focusing on our guests and ensuring their satisfaction.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here in November on the way to the Far East and it was truly amazing so when we decided to have a short break in Dubai this was our first choice and we were not disappointed. The location is great with only a short taxi ride to the airport or malls if that is what you want. Bear in mind that this is mainly a business hotel so don't expect holiday resort amenities but the pool area is really nice and the staff very helpful. It can get a bit crowded at the weekend but the rest if the time it is pretty empty with ample sun beds.

We booked a club room and as an ambassador member was duly upgraded to a suite on the 31st floor. The room itself was great with a lounge area that you could play tennis in it was so big but the wardrobe and bathroom were a bit on the small side and with my wife joining me the next day I asked if I could move to a different room. The staff in the club lounge were very helpful and although it took until 6pm the next evening (to be fair the hotel was very busy) we were moved to a fantastic suite on the 26th floor a short walk from the lounge.

The lounge as ever was really good and the staff made us feel very welcome with several even recognising us from our previous visit even though it was 6 months ago. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they always made you feel welcome. A real credit to the hotel.

The only small gripe about the lounge is that the dress code in the evening isn't always applied and it is usual to see one or two male guests in shorts after 6pm. If you have a set of rules then they should be applied regardless of who the guest is.

The suite itself was immaculate and the housekeeping excellent. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The bed and bedding truly luxurious.

Overall this is still one of our favourite hotels and well worth a visit we shall certainly be returning hopefully around November.

Room Tip: If you can book a club room or suite
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 'divepetem9'.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. We appreciate the time taken to post your comments on TripAdvisor and share your kind words of praise about the hotel.

Reading that we did not 'fail to impress you once again', makes us proud of all efforts and actions taken to ensure our guests feel at home and have a memorable stay when visiting our hotel.

We certainly look forward to your next visit,