“Great breakfast, nice rooms but a bit far off!”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #21 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
India
“Great breakfast, nice rooms but a bit far off!”
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We had a nice stay, Awesome breakfast with choices ranging from Sushi to waffles & everything inbetween!
The rooms were nice but the electric sockets kept breaking down and we had a fire breakout on the iron because of a short circuit. They sent someone and did offer to change our room. The only other reason I didn't give the rooms a full score is that the bathrooms are made such that you have to be pretty comfortable with your partner to stay there - they don't offer a lot of privacy.
Otherwise a v.v. nice place - great service, helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Everything about it is GOOD,Food,Cleanliness Staff,outdoor activity,rooms Excellent value for money etc.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I had read great reviews about this hotel before I stayed and was not disappointed. Rooms are a great size, modern and clean. The shower room is really different, and quite fun to explore!

Service was really impressive, all the staff seemed to know our name which you don’t expect in a hotel of this size. The hotel is walking distance (in air-con) to the shopping mall and only a short drive from the airport. We loved the swimming pool and the massage in the spa was the best I have ever had. You should definitely try the breakfast buffet and lunch in the lobby restaurant, you could end up being there for hours trying everything as there is so much choice!

This is definitely my place of choice to stay in Dubai!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Stayed for 6 nights in Sept 09, during Ramadan. Upgraded at check in for about £50gbp / night, to the exec club level. This was excellent value, as it allowed access to the club lounge.
The club lounge gave you breakfast, lunch snacks, afternoon tea and canapes, as well as soft drinks during the day and cocktail hour. As the breakfast elsewhere in the hotel was about 20gbp p/person, it made total sense upgrading.

The room was amazing, spacious, with good views towards the city, over the creek.

The food in the club lounge was a good standard, however the highlight for us was the afternoon tea - warm scones with lashings of clotted cream and several varieties of jam, washed down with pots of english tea: a real indulgent treat.

The cocktail hour was actually 3 hours, and ran from 7-10pm. Normally the cocktail hour is 5-8pm, but as we were staying during the holy month of ramadan, it was moved back to accommodate. You could have pretty much whatever you wanted to drink - beer, spirits / liqor, a selection of very good red & whites, and very good champagne. The service was also excellent - we pretty much never had an empty glass.

The only bug bear was the location of the hotel. If you wanted to go out for dinner at the marina a regular taxi cost about 20gbp to get there.

The facilities at the hotel were also very good - the pool areas was really nice, and very clean. The spa was nice, and not too expensive - both my partner and I had massages there.

Special mention for the concierge team - they were very useful in recommending restaurants, and even the best table in restaurants.

Overall a lovely hotel for getting away from it all.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Staff friendly and professional. Rooms not too big but efficient. Bathroom is spread- out and modern. Ten minutes away from center of town by car. Shopping Mall connected to hotel with all your needs and then some. Breakfast good and plenty. Would have preferred a stronger bold coffee. One problem- we asked for a taxi and the hotel car ended up being the taxi. We were charged double and perhaps it was unintentional, but nevertheless we were not happy about the surcharge. Dubai is an amazing city and definitely worth visiting and seeing the amazing architecture. Dubai Mall- wow! Suggestion for the hotel- would be nice to build up the pool area with trees, bushes and add a touch more exotic to it. The hotel is organized and managed well. When ever we asked for something for our room it would be sent right away by a smiling staff.... really excellent. Would definitely recommend to families and business travelers.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2010

This was my second stay at this superb hotel and certainly one of the best InterContinental’s I have stayed in. We were in Dubai for a girls shopping trip so opted for the two bedroom suite. The suite was huge, well appointed with a view of the Marina. We were treated to flowers, wine and local sweets on arrival.
All the staff were so friendly, especially Reception and the staff at the Anise restaurant which served an excellent buffet breakfast. The pool was good for relaxing and soaking up some sun!
You have to try the Spa. The special InterConti massage was heaven.
One of the best aspects of this hotel is its location. It is conveniently located next door to the festival city shopping mall, so no need to go out and contend with the heat. It is also very central to all the major attractions in Dubai.
I will definitely be coming back for another stay soon!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 26 May 2010

As for me, this hotel is fairly well positioned - 10-15 minutes from airport of Dubai. Dubai Festival mall is adjacent the hotel. We paid 15 DHM to get from terminal 3. To get to Dubai mall we paid 21 DHM, the price for taxi to get to Atlantis – 80 DHM.I had reservation Club room Creek view, as a member of Ambassador Club, I was upgraded to the next class of room. But it was a gesture of goodwill from the hotel’s management - they gave me a wonderful suite, although the rules of the program say that they don't give suites. So, we entered the hotel, passed to the reception and were invited to our room for continuing check-in. Our room was on the 20th floor – 2001.The suite was well laid out. It was a huge room with contemporary design and ceiling windows – utterly compelling room. Large drawing room with desk and sofa. I was elated to find a real Coffee-machine with complimentary coffee and milk, because I adore coffee. Large mini-bar with big range of drinks. Bed room was also very spacious and comfy. Large comfortable king-size bed makes your sleep very convenient. Opposite the bed was a big LCD-TV. Behind bed room there was a huge wardrobe room with auto turn on light. Safe-box was situated there. On the right side was a toilet and shower with white bath. Big window makes shower very attractive. Like in all 5 star hotels house-keeping cleaned the room twice a day. First day they presented a complimentary fruit basket. Twice a day they brought complimentary water. On the 4 floor there was a gym and swimming pool. Gym had everything necessary. You can take headphones to run on the racetrack and watch TV. They also have dry and steam sauna. I read in different reviews that they have a small swimming pool, but I visited it in the morning and it was enough size for me. The end of swimming pool had a glass wall, so you could see breathtaking view on the creek. Correctly to say that the hotel has 2 swimming pool – one tiny with hot water and the second with cold water, so after the gym we took first pool and after went to cold water swimming pool. They have lots of chaise lounges, so I think all guests can find vacant one. As I said we had a Club room, so we had access to Lounge on the 26 floor. I can’t say that I like intercontinental lounges, because of their operating time and variety of dishes. Breakfast was preparing from 6-30 till 11 a.m. We spent 3 days there and the set of dishes was the same all days. From 2 p.m. till 5 p.m. –sweats, from 5 p.m. till 8-30 cocktail hours when you can get free drinks and some easy dishes – different salads and every day they offer to try any new dish from their restaurants. As far as I remember Lounge operates till midnight. The majority of Club staff is very courteous and very accommodating. But I saw one high fellow who liked to enjoy himself he passed by mirror walls and admired itself in lieu of serving the guests. What else I didn’t like in the staff- I felt that some personals had some interest with different restaurants because they excessively actively offered to visit it. Be careful when you need a taxi – we were surprised when the price to get to Dubai mall was 43 DHM when the rate of ordinary taxi meter was 21 DHM. Later I understood that the hotel provides you limousine and the price almost in 2 times more than in ordinary taxi. They don’t allow ordinary taxi enter the hotel’s territory – they are before the entrance, so if you don’t want pay more, you can say that you need ordinary taxi and they call them. But in the whole I was very satisfied with my chosen and next time I plan to stay in this decent hotel again. I advise to stay here who likes luxury upscale hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple