“Best hotel in Dubai!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“Best hotel in Dubai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

This is the second year running that I have stayed in the hotel on business. Each time has been for 6 days and I wish I could have stayed longer!
My wife accompanies me each time and has a wonderful time relaxing by the pool and availing herself of the many spa facilities!
We book a club floor room, which I can highly recommend. The benefits are well worth paying the extra money, considering how expensive Dubai is generally. The food presentations - including breakfast, afternoon tea and evening buffet - are second to none. Chefs are on hand to ensure that the food is always freshly prepared and there is plenty of choice. Cocktails, wines, beers, spirits are served each evening between 5-8 and the staff are very attentive! The service cannot be faulted.
I like the positioning of the hotel from a business perspective as it is only 15 minutes drive to my meetings in the business district - you also get to avoid the main Sheikh Zayed Road, which can get very busy at peak times.
Otherwise, all facilities are excellent: pool area, spa, bars and dining areas. The Belgian bar in the adjoining hotel, Crowne Plaza, is highly recommended: great range of beers and food in a lively atmosphere, sitting on the terrace.
Overall, the management has definitely got it right as the staff are very client service focused and they all walk round with a smile on their face.
I'll certainly be back!

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a most detailed review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am very pleased to learn you have had many wonderful stays during your visits to our hotel. Many thanks for your kind words concerning our hotel, its services, the restaurants and the food served, and mostly about our colleagues. I am looking forward to sharing the comments with them.

I would also like to thank you for recommending the facilities at our sister hotel Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.

I Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel where our colleagues will do their utmost to render you the service to which you have become accustomed.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Excellent service from the time you step out of your taxi. Excellent facilities, including the very welcoming spa. Rooms are comfortable; some with great views and room-service prompt. Restaurants also very good, and if you fancy a little shopping Festival City shopping mall right next door. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and much appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, its services and facilities.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I am using this top Hotel for business trips and leisure getaways from Abu Dhabi.
Interior design very inspiring..Location great, near to airport and old city center of Dubai!
Staff well trained, friendly and COMPETENT.....not allways to be expected in Dubai!!
Rooms with a breathtaking view, especially the sunset....

And the restaurants.... in particular " Anise "... best breakfast buffet in Dubai and again extremely friendly service staff....

A toast to the management from a happy traveler!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a most beautiful and complementary review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City, and for always choosing our hotel for your business and leisure trips.

I am delighted to hear that the team have made such a good impression during your visits in our hotel, I look forward to sharing the comments with all of them. I also appreciate your comments with regard to our rooms and breakfast in Anise.

Our aim is to exceed our guests’ expectations, and its very fulfilling to learn it has been well received on this occasion.

Darlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

From our arrival at this hotel, through to checking out, we were made to feel incredibly welcome and well looked after.

All public areas are immaculate, with a great choice of restaurants and bars, all of which provided fantastic service.

Bedrooms surpassed my expectations due to the panoramic views and wonderful bathrooms. Unusual design features certainly made this a memorable stay, and an extremely pleasant and comfortable environment.

The only slight issue I had was that the staff were happy to change my pillows from feather to hypoallergenic, however they do not provide hypoallergenic duvets or mattress toppers, which defeats the object. Housekeeping were however swift in the changing of my duvet to blankets, and although they still forgot to remove the mattress topper, it was taken away after I eventually took it off myself. This of course would not be an issue for most guests, however it is perhaps something they could improve upon in future as in other respects they are so good with personal touches.

I am hoping to return to the Intercontinental Festival City this year, and will thoroughly look forward to another luxurious stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a most enjoyable stay during your last visit in our hotel. Our unique and most contemporarily designed bedrooms and bathrooms are surely popular features amongst our guests. We also noted the issue with the hypoallergenic duvet and pillows and would like to advise you that these items will soon be available and we will hopefully be able to provide them on your next visit.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

People will always tell you not to mix pleasure with business .. but in this case you can .. easily .

I did stay for four days on a business trip, yet I've enjoyed it like never before.
This hotel has one of the best staff I ever dealt with. Smile and the will to help is just their nature. The food in all hotel's restaurants is great, and hotel itself gives you many places and corners which are beautiful and romantic.
You may take a walk beside the canal, or take a walk on the creek front, watching yachts and boats sail from the nearby marina.
It is connected to Festival City Mall through a bridge, so you don't have to go out in hot days. You can shop, go to movies, or simply do a "window shopping"
You may - as in my case - enjoy a cup of coffee while reading a novel you've bought from the bookstore on 2nd level.

InterContinental Dubai Festival City is truly the place where you can mix pleasure with business.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a most beautiful and complementary review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am delighted to read that you were pleased with our services and that all of our associates went out of their way to make your stay enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. I look forward to sharing your comments with them. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to visit the connected shopping mall as well as our restaurants at the hotel, and enjoyed the food that was served.
We do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you once again to our hotel.

Best Regards
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Enjoyed a two-night stay at the Intercon at Festival City in late September. When we checked in the lobby was very busy and it was unclear where the lines were. As we milled around trying to figure out where to check in a member of the hotel staff found us and took us down the hall to a different counter. He apologized for the chaos and explained that a large conference had just wrapped up so they had a lot of people checking out at the moment. Despite all the people the hotel lobby was beautiful and elegant but not over done – very nice. The gentleman who was helping us (I’m sorry I don’t remember his name) was delightful. He quickly checked us in and escorted us to our room (1208 I think).

I’m pretty sure we were upgraded because of my husband’s Priority Club status but I don’t know what class of room we were in – either way - it was amazing!!! The room looked like it was straight out of a magazine. The room was very modern and stylish, the colors were soothing and the bed was large and comfortable (unusual for this region). There was a small table w/two chairs and a very comfortable chaise styled sofa and a coffee table. The living area of the room was separated from the bathroom area by an entertainment wall that had a large TV mounted on the room side and a couple of wardrobes and shelves on the bath side. The vanity was spacious and we had what they refer to as a ‘wet room’. This is a small room with glass walls and a door. Inside is the separate shower and a large soaking tub that fills from the ceiling (!!).

Both the living area and the wet room have a fabulous view of the creek and the Dubai skyline. Unfortunately the weekend we were there the skies were not so clear but I can see the potential! Along with a nice sized wardrobe the room came with a very nicely equipped mini bar that was in a raised cabinet for ease of use instead of tucked under a counter, hidden out of sight somewhere. Very quickly we realized that we had forgotten the charger for our Blackberry. We were not holding our breath when we check the front desk to see if they had one they could loan us. They did not miss a beat and walked us over to the business center and we were quickly given a loaner. What a life saver!

All of the staff members we encountered were extremely pleasant and helpful. The entire stay was wonderful and I kick myself for not visiting earlier and look forward to our next opportunity to visit.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jakulin
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room and its overall facilities. The design of our bathrooms is certainly popular amongst guests, for both the concealed ceiling taps and breathtaking views. It is unfortunate that you were unable to witness the amazing skyline view due to poor visibility. We are optimistic it will not be the same case on your next visit.

It was also especially reassuring that even in your hour of need our team were there to assist you in a pleasant and helpful manner, and I’m most delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations on this occasion.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you to our hotel.

Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

My fiance and I went back to Dubai and chose the Intercontinental Festival City in order to try a different area of Dubai, as the previous 2 times we stayed at the Atlantis.

We were met at the airport, even though the plane was delayed, whisked into a car, booked in, shown to our room all in the blink of an eye and amazing service. A beautiful room overlooking the creek and very clean and modern. A great start!

It continued this way for most of the week. Lovely bars & restaurants. Eclipse on the 26th floor a particular favourite.

The pool area was better than expected with loads of very comfortable loungers and eager staff waiting on you hand and foot. A nice touch was the infinity pool & hot tub.

It also had a great gym full of Technogym equipment. Air conditioning could do with being colder though!

Festival City also has a mall literally next door which is ideal for a quick bite or meal and great to walk off dinner in an air conditioned environment. The shops are good too!

The only disappointment was the last night when we ate in the Lebanese restaurant in the hotel. We booked a particular table in the afternoon, but on arrival we were placed elsewhere and a party of 50+ were booked in. This was not mentioned by the managers on booking. Thus, the service was very poor as everyone was running around the large party and we felt we were left as an afterthought.

However, the food was to die for! The best meal of the holiday by far!!!!

All in all this is a fantastic holiday to see Dubai. The roads seem super clear now with no traffic jams like previous years and taxis to the relevant sights are so cheap!
Airport = £6
Dubai Mall = £8
Aquaventure & Atlantis = £13
Wild Wadi = £10

Another recommendation is to buy the Dubai Entertainer Book this give lots of 2 for 1 deals on waterparks, meals, golf etc. These can be found on eBay or at the Virgin Megastore or Carrefour shops.

Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coxsy
Dear Guest,

We were delighted that you found our hotel rooms to be clean and modern, and that you appreciated our outlets and facilities. I also note that you had the chance of visiting the adjoining mall which is always a favourite amongst shoppers!

We were pleased that you managed to spend some time in our restaurants and bars, even though I was saddened to read of the incident that happened in our Lebanese restaurant, Al Sultan Brahim Beirut.Please accept our sincerest apologies, and I do hope that this did not mar your experience. We are, however, happy to learn that you appreciated its authentic Lebanese cuisine.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.