“Great Stay ! ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #445 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Beirut, Lebanon
“Great Stay ! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was very very pleasant. The rooms are spacious and clean and the kitchens are very well equipped. The staff is so friendly and make you feel at home. Breakfast is relatively good and has a variety of foods for all tastes.

The location of the hotel is so convenient since it's 3 minutes away from the metro station and 5 minutes away from the Deria City Center.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and looking for a great vacation.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank FM389

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights.. The room is a bit small and clean. They have housekeeping everyday.
The room is equipped with a kitchen. Free Wifi is only possible in the dining area. There's no free bottled water usually provided by a hotel.

It's walking distance near Deidre Centre shopping mall. Relatively a good stay here

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jen F
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Location, staff, room sizes are very good but the hotel is very old and not clean enough. Walking distance to Deira City Centre shopping mall. Near to metro station. There is a small supermarket near the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Danielasim
Yerevan, Armenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hi ,the most disappointed thing in this hotel, that I would like to share is that there was not free wifi connection, even after paying wifi was poor. So it is waste of money.
I booked this hotel because it is near the metro which is really important. My room was on 5th floor and it was quiet, comfortable and clean. The staff were very pleasant and very helpful. The swimming pool is small but it was great I swam there almost every day. The food was tasteless because of that we had to eat in different restaurants which cost us a fortune.
In general it was nice, average hotel and not expenncive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lilok3
Abuja, Nigeria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 12 nights from the 25th dec, 2013. I travelled with my husband and three children. Yes the hotel is quite child-friendly, location is great as it is just a few minutes to the Deira city centre and the metro station. Great view from our balcony (we were in room 602). Was pleased with the kitchen and the room. The extra toilet was good for when we had visitors.
However, a number of things detracted from what should have been an otherwise enjoyable stay. Firstly and most annoying, our reservation had been mixed up andthe guy at the reception could not find it. It was even more annoying to hear him suggest that we stay in the reception area with two infants and one child till 2pm the following day when he could check us in, not minding we had just got in from a ten-hour long flight and needed more than anything else, a place to for the kids to sleep. He didnt seem to mind that he was making this outrageous suggestion to us at 2am! Consequently, we had to pay for an extra night just so we could sleep on a bed! Even though the reservation issue was finally sorted out the next day, and we were duly refunded, there was no form of apology whatsoever for the embarrassment and inconvenience. As some other reviewer pointed out, the carpets really need changing, what with the stains on them. Again it was very evident that our room had been previously used by a smoker and not enough was done by the cleaners to take care of the smell or the ash in the extra toilet. Also, having to make repeated and ignored requests for a number of things, like when something blew up while i was cooking and the stove stopped working, result being a ruined supper after several ignored requests for a fix spanning about 30 minutes! Infact, the problem was not fixed until almost midday the following day.
Despite these few hitches, we did enjoy overall, our stay in dubai and we may visit the hotel again or try other places, as some friends have recommended a few other places that are great for families.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

As the title states this place looks ok at a glance.
However, I woke up in the morning with something tickling my arm, looked down and discovered it was a cockroach crawling on me in the bed!
I jumped out and saw there was not just one but 5 of them!!!!
Absolutely horrified!
As they scuttled away underneath the skirting I managed to kill two of them, the rest escaped.
When I spoke to the manager (who I had to wait an hour to see) he looked at me as if I was the one with the problem.
Told him I wanted a refund and he point blank refused.
Treated me like I was nothing more than an awkward customer.
I asked for the contact details of the GM and again I was refused, all he would give me was the basic info email address which he no doubt checks himself.

The place is decorated in brown earth colours which I now suspect is so the roaches blend in so you don't notice them.

The receptionist who was really nice and obviously felt bad informed me that this was a recurring problem and I was not the first to complain.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Lindsey L

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We took a 2 bedroom apartment since we were two couples with kids. A small one bed and bath extra in the apartment came as a nice surprise. While we were thrilled with the room, the service left quite a bit to be desired for. Since we are used to Indian hospitality, it surely was a disappointing experience. We had to request twice for the rooms to be cleaned. we needed a few basic and had to request for quite a few times before they were delivered. We got a good deal on the price and hence it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Dont expect much from the staff and carry a few ready to cook items if you wish to save on the food...