The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is in a very quiet location, and also only 10 minutes away from the airport. For those who choose to drive, it is the perfect location. Also, you have a mall just beneath you (Festival City), and it has great restaurant, a variety of shops and my favorite Ikea.
As for the room, it is beautiful. The furniture is clean and it is new. The bathroom is also clean, and the elevator is quick! (believe me that's important).
I rated this hotel as four, because there are few things that the management of the hotel needs to look at. these little things may not seem important, but as a guest I thought a five star hotel like Crowne Plaza, must take care of this.
1. The room did not include any iron. Most of the hotels have irons and iron boards for the use of the guests. I called up housekeeping and they sent me what I wanted. But when I got it, I figured out that's not really waht I expected. I was surprized with an old fashioned iron. I said to myself, "no way I'm going to iron my expensive t-shirts with this iron, it's going to ruin my clothes". So I called up houskeeping and asked them for a better iron, and I specifically said "steam iron". I was brought with an iron, which I filled up with water. As soon as I did, the iron started leaking and all of the water leaked within few minutes. Well, there I was back to square one. That's when I decided to call housekeeping for them to press my t-shirt before I go out. I was told that the minimum time it would take is 3 hours!!!!! 3 hours to press a shirt??? Didn't have a choice but to iron my t-shirt hoping that it would not burn!
2. The design of the shower is not right. No matter how much I tried not to spill water outside the bath tub, it was impossible. The glass barrier should have been a bit longer.
3. Although the blinds covering the glass wall between the room and bathroom is nice, but it is not practical. There should be another glass wall on the outer side, so the blinds would be between two glasses. This way no one could peek inside. It is very difficult to relax while you are in the toilet, knowing that someone could peak and see what you are doing. Although, I was sure that no one would do that, but yet, if i had a child with me, I'd hesitate to go into the bathroom unless the child is sleeping!
4. There is no lock on the bathroom's door. I believe in privacy while using a bathroom, hence a lock is a must.
These are 4 little things that matter to me. I hope the hotel would take an action, specially that I promised my wife to take her to this hotel in December (hopefully).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is located on the banks of the Dubai Creek. The 5 star hotel features 316 rooms and suites, with leisure facilities including 25m outdoor lap pool, 3 spa pools, children s splash pool, and 24-hour gym. Two 18-hole championship golf courses located minutes away. The hotel is proud to be the first non-smoking Crowne Plaza with a no-smoking policy in all rooms and public areas, offering our guests a cleaner and healthier environment during their stay. All rooms and bathrooms offer fantastic views of the creek or city skyline, equipped with high speed internet access and 37 LCD tv. Directly joined to the 38,000sq ft Event Centre, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is ideal for all business travelers. The hotel has three superb restaurants - Zaytoun ( Olive in Arabic) all-day dining, Mazar lobby lounge, and the authentic Belgian Beer Cafe, each with stunning city and creek views. The hotel is connected directly to the Festival Waterfront Centre, a luxury shopping centre with over 550 retail outlets, 90 restaurants and cafes, and 100 berth marina, perfect especially during the famous Dubai Shopping Festivals over summer and winter months. Dubai is known for many attractions, all within easy access of the hotel - the iconic Burj Al Arab, record breaking Burj Dubai, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi Water Park, Mall of the Emirates or the beautiful Dubai beaches in Jumeirah or Mamzar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, IHG, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Crowne Plaza