“Nice Location, Beautiful Rooms”

Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City
Ranked #39 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Nice Location, Beautiful Rooms”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is in a very quiet location, and also only 10 minutes away from the airport. For those who choose to drive, it is the perfect location. Also, you have a mall just beneath you (Festival City), and it has great restaurant, a variety of shops and my favorite Ikea.

As for the room, it is beautiful. The furniture is clean and it is new. The bathroom is also clean, and the elevator is quick! (believe me that's important).

I rated this hotel as four, because there are few things that the management of the hotel needs to look at. these little things may not seem important, but as a guest I thought a five star hotel like Crowne Plaza, must take care of this.

1. The room did not include any iron. Most of the hotels have irons and iron boards for the use of the guests. I called up housekeeping and they sent me what I wanted. But when I got it, I figured out that's not really waht I expected. I was surprized with an old fashioned iron. I said to myself, "no way I'm going to iron my expensive t-shirts with this iron, it's going to ruin my clothes". So I called up houskeeping and asked them for a better iron, and I specifically said "steam iron". I was brought with an iron, which I filled up with water. As soon as I did, the iron started leaking and all of the water leaked within few minutes. Well, there I was back to square one. That's when I decided to call housekeeping for them to press my t-shirt before I go out. I was told that the minimum time it would take is 3 hours!!!!! 3 hours to press a shirt??? Didn't have a choice but to iron my t-shirt hoping that it would not burn!

2. The design of the shower is not right. No matter how much I tried not to spill water outside the bath tub, it was impossible. The glass barrier should have been a bit longer.

3. Although the blinds covering the glass wall between the room and bathroom is nice, but it is not practical. There should be another glass wall on the outer side, so the blinds would be between two glasses. This way no one could peek inside. It is very difficult to relax while you are in the toilet, knowing that someone could peak and see what you are doing. Although, I was sure that no one would do that, but yet, if i had a child with me, I'd hesitate to go into the bathroom unless the child is sleeping!

4. There is no lock on the bathroom's door. I believe in privacy while using a bathroom, hence a lock is a must.

These are 4 little things that matter to me. I hope the hotel would take an action, specially that I promised my wife to take her to this hotel in December (hopefully).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janahi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here for a two night stopover in April 2011. Having previously stayed in down at Jumeirah Beach, we wanted to be close to the airport to make quick transfers to and from the airport. We chose this hotel on the basis of previous good reviews, and were very pleased with our choice,

We checked in at 1.00am, and were dealt with very efficiently, upgrading to a corner suite on the 20th floor which gave us more room for the 3 of us. The rooms were very well appointed with a large bathroom, lounge (which accomodated the fold out bed for our son), big bed/room and fantastic views across the creek to the lights of downtown Dubai.

The hotel provides all the facilities you might need, including a small pool. Only complaint would be that the lifts are slow. We hired a car from the adjacent Intercontinental Hotel which was reasonable and straightforward, though navigating in the city is a nightmare at times!

Our upgrade also included breakfast at the Zaytoun restaurant which was OK, but choices were more limited than we expected and cooked options in particular were not great quality. We also ate at the Zaytoun in the evening as it was more convenient for us - it was mostly good, though meat quality could have been better. Also, we ate outside but moved inside when the inevitable smoker was seated next to us - can hotels not provide outdoor non-smoking areas for diners?

So, 4 out of 5 overall. A good option, reasonable rates by Dubai standards and convenient for the airport.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LiztheWhizz
IHG_Dubai_FC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear “LiztheWizz”,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and for choosing our hotel as your stop over destination.

We are very pleased to learn you had an efficient check in experience and that you appreciated the provided upgrade in order to accommodate your family comfortably. We are glad you appreciated your hotel room, the facilities as well as the dinner in Zaytoun Restaurant.

We have taken good note of your comments on the lifts and your suggestions on providing a “non smoking areas for diners’’, and will use them in our continuous effort to maintain and improve the comfort of our esteemed guests.

The quality and variety of dishes served in our Zaytoun is something that our chefs are constantly striving to uphold and I was disappointed to note that, on this occasion, we did not meet your expectations.

We are glad that your overall experience in our hotel was positive and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We were in Dubai for 4 N while getting on our way back to Delhi from Mauritius. This was our Honeymoon Trip and while checking in the hotel we were offered an upgrade to a designer suite.

The hotel is just a 10 min. drive from the Dubai International Airport, and is located right in the heart of Dubai's most throbbing shopping, entertainment and lively destination.

Most rooms offer excellent views over Dubai's festival city.

While checking out I specially became a priority club member of this hotel chain.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The staff were friendly and helpful arrived in the early hours of the morning was greeted with friendly reception staff, even at 1.30AM nothing seemed to be a problem for them, was given an upgrade to high floor room, The room was extremely spacious with a nice view of the pool and sleek new Dubai buildings, Breakfast on the 5th floor was amazing again all the staff were so helpful and again nothing seemed any trouble for them, a trip to the Belgian Beer Cafe is a must sitting on terrace was an amazing experience plan to head back again in July

Room Tip: If You dont Ask You Will Never Know . . . . . .
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Russell059
IHG_Dubai_FC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Dear “Russel 05”,

It is a pleasure to receive such a complementary review regarding your recent stay with us. It was especially heartening to learn that our colleagues were so “helpful” and that “nothing seemed too much trouble for them” and I will ensure your comments are shared with the team.

Our Belgium Beer Café is an institution in Dubai and is recognized as one of the most relaxed and lively bars in the region. As you kindly pointed out a visit to the café is “a must” and the terrace is a great way to see off the end to your day.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaze Dubai Festival City in July.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We visited Dubai for the weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday. From the minute we arrived the staff made her feel very special. The room over looking the Creek was superb. we could not thank the hotel staff enough for all their help and care during our brief stay.
We will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hammy97
Dear “Hammy 97”,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to note your wife had a wonderful birthday. We love having our guests share their special occasion with us and we always do our utmost to ensure that they leave with happy memories of stay.

I am very glad to hear of the positive impression our team made and they succeeded in making her feel very special and I know they will be delighted to hear the impact of the efforts.
We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and in the not too distant future and hope we can help you celebrate many more special occasions.

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I reached hotel past mid night. Check in was smooth. I requested for late check out which was immediately accommodated by the lady at the reception counter.

The hotel is 15 minutes drive from airport and a little out of the way. You have to use taxi to communte to and from hotel. There is no metro station near this hotel. However, there is a Mall besides hotel where you can go for shopping. There also is a grocery store aroud the corner.

Please note that this is a non-smoking property. So you won't find any smoking rooms here. The room was spacious and very good. Bath room was good too.

Free wireless is available in the lobby. I just used the restaurant for breakfast which was good. Service was up to the mark.

I did not like the lobby area. I prefer to see wide and open lobbies. The one here was too narrow because of the design of the hotel.

Overall I liked the hotel, however, as I mentioned above, it is in the middle of nowhere. It is a very good choice if you are visiting Dubai for business meetings. People living in Dubai will find it convenient to reach this hotel and avoid city traffic. But if you are going with family then I would not advice you to stay here, just because of location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JavedAhmed
Dear “Javed Ahmed”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in our hotel and we greatly appreciate your feedback and comments.

I am very pleased to learn you were most satisfied with your check-in and check-out experience during your stay with us. As you mentioned, the closest metro station is of 10 minutes proximity from the hotel located in the airport zone which is easily accessible by taxi and, despite being on the outskirts of the down town area, all areas of Dubai are easily accessible from our hotel.

Indeed, Crowne Plaza is proud to be the first non-smoking Crowne Plaza with a no-smoking policy in all rooms and public areas, offering our guests a cleaner and healthier environment during their stay. Guests who do wish to smoke can do so in the neighboring InterContinental Dubai Festival City in selected areas within the hotel and also have the option of smoking in a renowned Belgian Beer Café.

I am sorry that you felt the location was not suitable for your family however with many activities such as bowling, a cinema and the newly opened Casper the Ghost theme park the adjoining Festival Centre shopping mall we believe that there are now a great selection of activities for families on offer within the proximity of the hotel.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Regardless the hotel is really far from downtown area, it is a great place for relax especially for the excellent Zaytoun Restaurant service they have and the restaurant view its self are very beautiful. the hotel staffs services they provide also very nice and friendly..the hotel superior room are very nice and well maintained.overall it's a good place to relax and worth for the money.. and also the swimming pool are very nice and beautiful so sad i did not bring my swimming suite ... and also thanks for the front office team for the great services especially for Mr. Herman which is taking care my stay even only for one night ..... definitely i will comeback again to stay in this hotel .......

Room Tip: The best place to stay for relax ......
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aperdana
IHG_Dubai_FC, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Dear “Aperdana”,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to receive your great comments about our rooms, the swimming pool, restaurants and the “great service” provided by our colleagues. We were particularly pleased to hear Herman from our Front Office team took great care of you and he will be most pleased to learn his efforts have been appreciated.

If relaxation is what you are looking for, as you commented, then Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is the place to be. We do hope that on your next visit you will remember to bring your swimming suite so that you can make the most of our beautiful leisure deck overlooking the Dubai Creek and city skyline.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel hopefully in the not too distant future

Kind regards,