“This hotel has the WOW factor”

Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City
Ranked #40 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Yorkshire
“This hotel has the WOW factor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

From arrival to departure we received excellent service given in a very friendly manner.We had a suite on the 18th floor and the only word to describe the room and the beautiful view was WOW. All the restaurants in this hotel and the adjoining Intercontinental were superb.

The pool areas were never crowded and we were very grateful for the ice cold towels and fresh melon & pineapple we were offered.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting 5 star luxury and can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank YorkshirePenny
CPDFCHotelManager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, 21 May 2009
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel, I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us... we would love for all of our guests to leave with this impression.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

This hotel was very clean and staff very helpful.
Food was good and poolside was good - nice music and atmosphere.
long way from the centre but it is next to a huge shopping centre, so plenty to do in the evenings.
great hotel for business users, but it would be boring for a holiday - recommend the resort hotels near the coast.

Would return for work or a short break with the children but not for any longer than 4 nights.

• Liked — ideal for work
  • Disliked — its a long way from the resorts - many expensive taxi rides
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
The South
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

How refreshing to stay in a hotel where they believe in customer service. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left ,nothing was too much trouble. The staff were courteous and friendly, each with a ready smile and a warm greeting.
Having arrived at 6.30am after a long flight from Australia to be told our room was ready was a very pleasant surprise and even better to be asked would we like breakfast.
The room was spacious, with an amazing view over the creek of the city skyline. It's a view you will never tire of at any time of day or night.
Breakfast offered a good choice, our 6 year old son believes himself to be an expert, and he was more than happy and full each morning.
The pool area was nicely laid out with a vast choice of pools to suit all ages. You never felt as if you were on top of each other whilst soaking up the sun watching the helicopters land at Festival City. Nice touch of cold towels and fruit offered throughout the day.
Would have no hesitation in returning as very impressed by the total package.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Oban, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2009

I found the staff very friendly efficient and quite delightful- especially the bright chirpy oriental woman serving coffee outside the cafe. She is a real gem. Check in at 7am was quick friendly and efficient in spite of the early hour well ahead of the normal 2pm check in time. I returned to my room to discover that I had left my glasses case somewhere in the hotel and decided to try and find them. I opened my hotel room to begin the hunt and lo and behold my glasses case was on the floor immediately outside my room.

I enjoyed my sea food grill served outside in the balmy evening air on the grassed terrace area adjoining the pool area on the 5th floor. Again every one was very friendly and the service pleasant and efficient

The room was beautifully clean and well presented. I was on the 15th floor looking out over "the creek" and the view in the evening was stunning with the lights of the city reflecting in the water. Taking a shower looking at the beautiful view was a treat due to the glass wall to the bathroom. It was certainly an unusual experience. I was travelling alone, but I would probably have lowered the blind if I had had company when using the toilet............sometimes a bloke needs privacy!!

The walk through to the new shopping mall was easy and I thoroughly enjoyed window shopping , the funfair area and walking the boardwalk on the waters edge

The distance from other parts of dubai and the beaches was a bit of a nuisance but in my opinion the level of customer service and the fact that the hotel is still very new means that I will stay at this fine hotel any time I am staying over in Dubai

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

We have just spent a wonderful few nights at the hotel to mark our 30th Wedding Anniversary. The facilities are wide and varied, sharing many with the nearby sister hotel, the Intercontinental. Our high-floor room with a panorama of the Dubai Creek, offered great views during the day but the city-wide view of Dubai at night was wonderful. The service was very attentive from front desk to restaurant and housekeeping staff, in fact it was exemplary. Having stayed at many Crowne Plazas over the world this is the best so far. Very highly recommended, they could not do any better – my complements to the Management.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
South London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

Arrived for three nights with my mum and brother and were greeted from the moment we stepped out of the taxi to the moment we left in a taxi.

Check in was quick and smooth. On arrival to our rooms the hotel porter explained how the tv worked and shower bath etc .The tv is on a swivel and has volume control in the glass screen bathroom so you are able to view whilst having a bath or shower how great is that. The shower was fab easily controlable and good tempertaure.
I loved the dressing gowns and slippers that were in the wardrobe and welecomed the complimentary bowl of apples we received.

We had breakfast which again was fantastic so much choice that my brother had three courses each morning ! My self and mum never ate again untiol late evening 9pm as we were so full from it.

Lovely pool area with outdoor jacuzzis which I fully enjoyed. The nice staff even come around with wet flannels to cool you down in the afternoon hot sun. I never used the gym or sauna facilities but they are more than sufficient with equipment and I thought it was great that the sauna and steam room were located through the ladies changing room / toilets so they could only be used by the women and the men had their own.

The festival mall which the hotel is attached to is very convenient and provides many ares for meals .I went to the cinema one night on my own and as the movie finished at 11pm I welcomed the fact that I never had to venture outside the hotel to get to the cinema it is as mentioned a walk way through the hotel or outside along the lovely creek if you prefer.

I would definately recommend this hotel and jump at the chance to stay here again if making another trip tpo Dubai.

5* rooms 5* meals and most edfinately 5* service

Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

Me and my husband, stayed 7 nights to the hotel!
Crowne Plaza is a very nice and luxury hotel with etxremely kind staff and excellent service.
I don't want to be repetative so i'll write some extra things i noticed.
The hotel is interconected with intercontinental (next door hotel) and you can also use the facilities of intercontintal, whitch has plenty of good restaurants to choose! It is also nice to have a drink to eclipse bar, is on the top floor of intercontinental and has an amazing view!
The spa center was fantastic but a little bit overpriced i think!
The shopping center near the hotel is very good and brand new.
The swimming pool of the hotel is also good and a litlle bit small, but we could always find free sunbeds as the sun terrace is big.
In my opinion the big disadvantage of the hotel is that the rooms have no balconies or even an opening window (had a huge window with great view but non opening) as the most of the hotels in Dubai. I think is because of their clima.
Generally in Dubai the sky was never clear blue and sunny. (the sand of the desert maybe).
And as i am from a very sunny and beautiful island of Greece, Rhodes that was very strange for me.
Overall i enjoed my holidays in Dubai and Crowne Plaza Hotel! (once more...the staff, the service and the cleanless of the hotel are ecxellent).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple