“Exclusive experience”

Al Muntaha
Ranked #412 of 10,006 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Arabic for 'The Ultimate' or 'The Top', Al Muntaha is a restaurant that lives up to its name. See Dubai stretched out in all its glory from the 27th floor, where the stunning views are matched only by the sumptuous menu.Sit back and let us delight you from the first course to the last. Each dish blends the best ingredients with innovation and style, resulting in a showcase of imaginative Modern European cuisine. Combined with the incredible location, it all comes together to create a dining experience fit for the top of the world.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We chose to eat the business lunch, since they require that you spend a certain amount of money to reserve a table here (if you're not staying at Burj Al Arab i presume). The service was excellent, and the food was good. However, e.g. the lambsticks we ate, were a bit tame in my opinion, and nowhere near the once we ate in another restaurant that day. And of course, as with everything at this hotel, it was quite pricey, as expected of course.

The main motivation for choosing this place, was to enter Burj Al Arab, and getting an amazing view from this restaurant, and in that matter, it did not disappoint, although the view of the Palm could be better, since it was a pillar close to our table obstructing the view a bit.

And nice to be driven back by a Lexus after the visit, instead of the normal cab:-) In total, this experience lived up to our expectations, we could eat at Burj al Arab enjoying an amazing scenery and luxury, and the food was good and pricey.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My fiance & I chose to have lunch here whilst on Honeymoon as a treat. We reserved by phone the same day, they had a few time slots still available.

It does have an exclusive feel as your taxi cannot get past the main gate, where lots of tourists clamber for photos of the hotel from a distance, without a restaurant reservation code.
Once inside you are greeted warmly and the hotel is decorated wonderfully.
The glass lift to the top of the hotel for Al Muntaha gives wonderful views over the sea, have your camera ready when you get in!

The service in the restaurant was very good but to be honest I was quite underwhelmed by the decor of the restaurant. Not at all sumptuous or luxurious like the rest of the hotel. I think it's an odd choice of design..something you might see in a modern science college or something!
However the amazing views over the Gulf sea and the Palm make up for it.

They decorated our table with rose petals as they knew it was our honeymoon (they ask when making a reservation whether its for a special occasion, so they do make effort which is nice).
The food was nice but not unforgettable, we've tasted nicer food for a lot less. The duck wanton soup was too salty to finish. My husband had lamb for main & it was fantastic. I had cod which was nice but nothing special.

All together it came to £211 for us both, & tip on top. we chose from the 3 course set lunch menu (which only had 2 choices for each course) other options were available from the A La Carte menu which when totted up would have cost alot more. This included a bottle of water & three mocktails. Expect to pay more if you're having wine!

As others have said it seems the cost of the bill is more to cover the expense of the hotel & the exclusivity of dining there rather than the food itself. I think it could've been made more special for the prices they charge but overall it's a nice experience, glad we did it once to say we've been there but probably wouldn't do it again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

we had lunch in this restraunt with our vouchers.it was buffet and there was loads to choose from.fish or meat.sushi and lots more.very nice spacious.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We wanted to visit the Burj Al Arab so we had a reservation at the Al Muntaha.
We both had the menu without the wine (we had beers instead).
Food was very nice, but for the amount of money we paid, we expected more!!!
We expected the flavors to be amazing and unique, but that is not what happened.
The service was great. They even had a heart made of rose petals at our table and gave me a beautiful, big red rose since we were there duing our honeymoon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Thursday 3rd October I arranged a party of five for my fiancé for a birthday treat at Al Muntaha in the Burj Al Arab .
The booking was for 9 o'clock and we were 10 minutes early so after a short period of time we proceeded to the lift area gave a code for the booking then proceeded to elevator to the restaurant. Floor on arrival we were told to go go back downstairs for 20 minutes and come back (bearing in mind it's booked)so we did .
On our return to the elevator we gave our code again and this time it was not on the system ,so after 10 minutes it was found then off we went again.
Exit lift at Al Muntaha gave our code agin to be told we will have to wait another 10 minutes,this area is small with only two chairs one of my party is heavily pregnant ,granted after 10 minutes we got our table .
I requested a window table as for the view and what did I get bench seating which had been repaired unevenly we had to push out the table to get in granted table was changed.
Just to abbreviate the rest of the meal the girls didn't want the choice of one of the starters their alternative TINNED TUNA .TOMATO SOUP (canned) and we all had a main course of confit of lamb which was fridge cold and served with a bitter burnt tasting jus,when this was pointed out to staff I was told this is the way it's served(NOT). As for the birthday cake and flowers we did not receive and dessert was a complete let down.£1000 + for an experience not to be forgotten but not in positive way.
In response their exec F&B manager called to arrange a second visit on Sunday for our party with birthday cake flowers and nibbles the Sunday was a bigger farce than Thursday when I called to voice my opinion to Marianne [--] which turned out the individual was rude ,aggressive offensive in tone and solution her suggestion was to return for a table of 2 at any time in the future.
My reply was twice the Burj Al Arab tried and failed time is precious and can't be replaced so my time and money was wasted at the Burj 7 star luxury!?.....I think it's only in the lobby.

1  Thank Gordonbu