“2 thumbs up!”

Al Muntaha
Ranked #239 of 9,810 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Arabic for 'The Ultimate' or 'The Top', Al Muntaha is a restaurant that lives up to its name. See Dubai stretched out in all its glory from the 27th floor, where the stunning views are matched only by the sumptuous menu.Sit back and let us delight you from the first course to the last. Each dish blends the best ingredients with innovation and style, resulting in a showcase of imaginative Modern European cuisine. Combined with the incredible location, it all comes together to create a dining experience fit for the top of the world.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When it comes to upscale, fancy, elegant, classy, special occasion, etc., there's no place I would recommend higher then Al Muntaha! This was a very good experience for me! The service was beyond great, I swear I was waited on by at least 5 people throughout the course of my meal! The food was awesome, WAAAAY better than what I expected! I loved everything about this place. The view, service, quality of food, and atmosphere here set the bar high in my book. One would have to go a long way to beat Al Muntaha!!! Make sure you bring your wallet though, these guys don't play!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

While I was in Dubai, I did happen to visit the Burj Al Arab. I was kind of surprised to see that many people on the beach when I went (it was pretty crowded) but definitely worth the trip! The uniqueness of this building alone will take your breath away! It's beautiful on the inside and out! Very High end and classy. I wasn't expecting to spend as much money as I did when I was there as I ate at the Al Muntaha 27th floor restaurant but then I remembered I'll probably never be back to Dubai again and happily whipped out the Visa. This place is awesome, can't leave Dubai without going here!

1  Thank ZexSwain
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I have been in this hotel 3 times to date, but never for a meal in the restaurant.
We budgeted and planned to treat ourselves during our vacation this time, simply because we believe it's unlikely we will take another trip to this hotel in the next 10 years.

We were treated like royality right from the moment our taxi pulled up at the front door of the hotel @7:30, and to summarise, this experience is one I will never forget - for all the right reasons!

There was a time not all that long ago when I was studying Hospitality Management that I thought I would never see this hotel other than viewing photos in a book.
Then there were the thoughts whilst working in hotels that I wondered - would I ever get inside? That accomplished too, my next wish was to see the restaurant and experience the view....followed by the inevitable - could I ever afford to eat in there?!

Anyway - at long last one of my dreams / items on my "to do list before I die" has finally been ticked off - oh, greatest joy!

The wine choice was good but rather pricey as one would expect in UAE. We had one of the lower priced bottles at £150 (!!!), so if you decide to have dinner don't expect any bottle costs less than £100 (at the very least)!
That said it was very enjoyable, although I'm rather ashamed to admit I can't remember what it was called!!

Okay, so I knew before I went that I was likely to be on the hunt for a McDonald's burger when I came out - more because of my preference for plain food than the lack of food, but thankfully my husband enjoyed everything which was placed in front of him (and me)!

The starter, main and desert were all beautifully presented and served.
The use of white delft was noticeable and naturally it showed off every dish to it's best advantage.
I didn't fancy the crayfish critter which tottered uncomfortably on the top on my chicken, but once I removed it, I made much better progress with my knife and fork.

Ys, I have been very fortunate to have dined in many prestigious restaurants in the past - but this one tops them all!
In order to have my handbag in view (why though, I have no idea), it was kindly placed on one of those bag "thingies".... I'm darned if I can remember what these are called..... but the handles were draped dramatically over the hook and the finely balanced "gizmo" placed on the edge of the table - quite fabulous (though I would hate to think that there was anyone in the restaurant who would have snaffled the bag)!

The professionals who served us our meal were many and most discreet, though they were prepared to have a conversation thank goodness.
They were well placed to satisfy my curiosity and all my questions were very willingly answered i.e. how long have you been here?
What qualifications do you need to have to be employed here?
Is there a high turn-over of staff?
Do you actually like working here, or do you have a plan of progressing further in hospitality? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time...... oh, you know, all the types of questions that a "semi-retired" hospitality manager + lecturer from Belfast just needs to know!

As for the view - stunning!

Our company?
Well there was a lively bunch of 8 retired and wealthy Arabs as one would expect; but otherwise customers were very few in number, and those present seemed to prefer dining alone!
Were they very well recognised business faces (unknown to me of course)?
Predominantly male I must add.... maybe en route to / from some huge business deal?
Isn't such a shame they had to dine all by themselves, but it was also quite apparent they didn't want to converse or smile at anyone. They simply concentrated on their meal - ate - and left (and why not...) I imagine they have been in this restaurant many, many times before?

Our meal - well, the food quantity wasn't too much that's for sure, but it wasn't too little either - so I'd say about right!

The wine was an absolutely perfect choice to complement our main courses too.

My only wish upon leaving was that coffee had been included in the dinner menu - but obviously it wasn't....... though maybe, and on second thoughts perhaps it all turned out just right as our taxi arrival was announced exactly on time (to the second), and we were "woshed off" to our next exciting destination @ 21:30 hours

I wonder where will beat it?

Reviewed 31 October 2013

You can't get into the hotel without a bar or restaurant reservation. It was Ramadan so the restaurant was the only option. $170 for a chicken dish with one extra side and a bottle of water.
The food and service were great but you are paying for the view.
The hotel really is stunning to see and the people are great. This is probably a one-time event because of the cost for most of us. It is worth seeing once though.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Went there for a lunch in the Al Muntana restaurant up top. The hotel is so fancy, food is great, once in a lifetime event for most. Just bring your credit card as its pricey.

1  Thank Shooter38