“Total team missmanagement & being arrogant”

Bambooda Restaurant
Ranked #496 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$50 - US$75
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The must visit Thai restaurant in Dubai, evoking all the charms of an authentic Thai village, elegant and romantic. Join us at this colourful hideaway where tables are set among lush greenery & colourful blooms and perched in between Thai huts alongside waterfalls and streams. Guests can look forward to a menu full of exotic cocktails, colourful dishes and banquets bursting with all the traditional flavours of Thailand that delivers a dining experience that is truly memorable.
Dubai
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total team missmanagement & being arrogant”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'm a regular customer to Banihana restaurant at the Bustan Roatan in Dubai. Last Thursday I was tempted to try the open dinner at the Blue elephant restaurant but I wish I didn't.
I booked for three people and we turned out only two. We were offered a table another end of the last cornet of the place so I asked for a better smaller table. So the supervisor decided to move me to another table on the other far corner of the restaurant. I refused again and asked for a better table but the waiter refused saying all customers are coming and they have booked their tables by location "which is really weird and I didn’t believe"
The holy manager came at the end and just listened to my complaint to the third time and said sorry I'll check and went away.
First the whole team doesn’t speaks proper English and they can hardly understand it as well. which is pretty weird in Dubai. Second they were all rude and arrogant.
I had to leave the place so angry. and one of the team was just laughing after she heard me angry as if "Go to Hell" which is another weird thing in Roatana, I have her name till now.
IS THIS ROTANA???

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ziad G
mark b, Manager at Bambooda Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Mr. Ziad

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Blue Elephant Restaurant

I am sorry to read about the incident that you had. I would kindly request from you to send me your contact details on Mark.barakat@rotana.com so that I can get in touch with you and acquire more information about this incident.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best Regards

Mark Barakat
Director of Food and Beverage

• Thai first
Paris, France
“Average thai buffet dinner!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was invited for dinner at this Thai restaurant by local Dubai folks located in the Al Bustan Rotana hotel (close to Dubai International Airport) during a recent visit to Dubai. I had been in this restaurant before- I was disappointed as I found the quality and variety of the Thai buffet not as attractive as during my previous visit. The service remains of a very high quality.

• Visited October 2013
mark b, Manager at Bambooda Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Blue Elephant Restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the quality and variety of the food served on our buffet. Please note that I have addressed this to our Executive chef and rest assured that we will take all necessary actions in order to improve the variety and exceed your expectation the next time you visit us.
On the other hand, I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our high level of service and of course these positive comments will most certainly motivate the team and push them to deliver their best.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Mark Barakat
Director of Food & Beverage
Wroclaw, Poland
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Blue Elephant Dubai is located inside Al Bustan Rotana Hotel (Airport Road).

First things first, I would like to highlight the outstanding customer service and the attention to detail in this restaurant in addition to delicious Thai food and the romantic atmosphere , the decoration is just fantastic.

Thumbs UP, I strongly recommend this restaurant for people who like Thai Food or would like to try (BTW they have a vegan/vegetarian friendly menu)

• Visited September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Romantic trip to Thailand”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Very romantic atmosphere when you sit there And the aquarium is just below your feet :-)
The waiters all so friendly and polite and actually very Thai which means so warm and welcoming!
Food was yummy.

• Visited February 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Only the service kept this from being terrible”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We visiting Blue Elephant last night with a group of friends and while the company was great the food was shockingly bad. A shared a Bangkok Symphony meal with a friend and what looked like a nice mix of flavours on the menu turned into a selection of bland dishes. Even worse my friend soup contained a large piece of china from a pot which could have easily cracked a tooth. Another friend ordered the beed ribs and there was more fat than meat on them, horrible. The only saving grace was the delightful waitress who was charming and helpful throughout. I won't be going back as there are far superior Thai restaurants in Dubai.

• Visited September 2013