“Unfortunate experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kan Zaman

Kan Zaman
Ranked #1,329 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: The Creek
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Unfortunate experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Its been a while since my wife and I ate here. The experience was so poor its important the story be told.
We were a little sceptical when we arrived because the premises are large, yet the place had few tables taken.
We consulted the waiter, and chose the recomended starters, separate middle eastern dishes.
I checked with the waiter what the ingredients were as I have a food allergy, resulting in an anaphylactic reacytion to sesame in all its forms.
I was assured that there was no sesame, noe humous in what i had chosen. That was NOT correct. It contained humous which is made up of sesame pupl. I was very ill for more than 24 hours. The staff showed some concern but offered no apolgy nor any monetary reduction. This event was avoidable and should have been much better managed.

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“A place of peaceful mind and relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Kan Zaman is a place which makes me feel that I am in the old city which has a beautiful history with the nice 70S music

Sheesha is memorable , food is good

Service become very slow during the crowded time and price is above normal

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Above all or the sight..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Your typical end station after the Shindagha walk - don't miss the Sheiks house - and providing lovely creek sights. The food is pretty much OK but just about that. Indian style chicken, decent meat though a tad dry, and rather uninspired service. Still a lovely place but if you really care about the food probably not your best choice. Not the cheapest either.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Wim T
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very tasty and filling for a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I'd been walking around Shindagha heritage village after work and by 8pm was feeling a bit peckish. I got a table by the creek and didn't have to wait long to place my order. The service was quick all evening, I was brought my drinks straight away (by the way, a large water is a 1.5l bottle - I didn't mind, I was very thirsty and polished that and my other drink off).

The food was very tasty, I had planned to get a pudding afterwards, but after the starter and main, I simply didn't have the space. Not being an expert in Arab food, I can't say if it was how it should be, I can say, however, that it was very tasty.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tampere, Finland
“Traditional and tasteful food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

We went to Kan Zaman around 7pm and got a nice table by the creek without reservation. We both ate Arabian Shawarma since we hadn't tasted it before and saw it on the menu. I know it's not probably at the best in this kind of restaurant. The dish was huge and neither of us couldn't finish it. Shawarma was excellent although I don't have anything to compare it to. We also had a mixed pastry dish for starters which was a nice way to start the meal and was something that two could share.

I was told before that the correct way to end a meal is to enjoy apple sheesha (water pipe) but since I'm not a smoker, I didn't dare to try it. The restaurant had a nice selection of different aromas and most tables were smoking as they probably do in most places in the evening.

The view was nice to the creek and watching the dinner boats passing by in all the lights and colors was something nice while waiting for the food. The service was nice but nothing special in it. It took some time to get a waiter to the table but that didn't bother us that much since we were in no hurry and we had the boats to watch.

If you want classic Arabian food with a nice view, I highly recommend this place. It's also located very near to the heritage village so you can combine the two. We had a great dinner and left the restaurant full and satisfied.

• Visited February 2013