“Lovely Place Along the Creek, food just OK”
Review of Kan Zaman

Kan Zaman
Ranked #1,816 of 9,815 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2013

For a business meeting, entertaining visiting colleagues, I attended a dinner at this restaurant.
The setting is very nice. Right on the creek, with a nice breeze, watching the dhows go back and forth. The mezze (appetizers) were the typical Lebanese/Arabian stuff and quite good. The main courses were a disappointment. A grilled hamour (grouper) was somewhat overdone and a bit dry, surrounded by lots of chips. Same with the calamari, also surrounded by chips but basically dry. The mixed grill was nice to look at but the meet was not anything to write home about!
I probably will not go back.

1  Thank AncientSpy007

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Its been a while since my wife and I ate here. The experience was so poor its important the story be told.
We were a little sceptical when we arrived because the premises are large, yet the place had few tables taken.
We consulted the waiter, and chose the recomended starters, separate middle eastern dishes.
I checked with the waiter what the ingredients were as I have a food allergy, resulting in an anaphylactic reacytion to sesame in all its forms.
I was assured that there was no sesame, noe humous in what i had chosen. That was NOT correct. It contained humous which is made up of sesame pupl. I was very ill for more than 24 hours. The staff showed some concern but offered no apolgy nor any monetary reduction. This event was avoidable and should have been much better managed.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Kan Zaman is a place which makes me feel that I am in the old city which has a beautiful history with the nice 70S music

Sheesha is memorable , food is good

Service become very slow during the crowded time and price is above normal

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Your typical end station after the Shindagha walk - don't miss the Sheiks house - and providing lovely creek sights. The food is pretty much OK but just about that. Indian style chicken, decent meat though a tad dry, and rather uninspired service. Still a lovely place but if you really care about the food probably not your best choice. Not the cheapest either.

2  Thank Wim T
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I'd been walking around Shindagha heritage village after work and by 8pm was feeling a bit peckish. I got a table by the creek and didn't have to wait long to place my order. The service was quick all evening, I was brought my drinks straight away (by the way, a large water is a 1.5l bottle - I didn't mind, I was very thirsty and polished that and my other drink off).

The food was very tasty, I had planned to get a pudding afterwards, but after the starter and main, I simply didn't have the space. Not being an expert in Arab food, I can't say if it was how it should be, I can say, however, that it was very tasty.