“Hidden gem.. Highly recommended....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amwaj Rotana

Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #74 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem.. Highly recommended....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff and facilities are absolutley excellent at this hidden gem of a hotel. We provisionally booked our family trip via a tour operator and when we arrived at he hotel decided to upgrade the room (to the club room) as we required more space and a sea view (highly recommend that you do this at the hotel as the proces are very very favourable, far better than getting it done via the tour operator).
The Hotel is very famil friendly though if you were just a couple looking for a getaway it would also be good for this also. The Staff and team are very friendly and accomodating and the service in our experience was second to none. The rooms are very clean and well maintained, spacious and though we travelled with our young 1 year old nothing was too big an ask. We suffered from "next door room noise" as the walls dampened any sound that there may have been from any neighbours. Good restaurants in the hotel and very near to waht seems like hundreds of eateries nearby. My only criticism was that the walk to the local beach area was a bit awkward to get to, though this was a small price to pay for such a good location and service all round. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade when you arrive at the hotel, club rooms are excellent value for money, with excellent views...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank robw247
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 24 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Berkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Upgraded to a Club Room when we arrived after reading the reviews on here. Well worth it! Room was on the 24th floor, view isn;t that fabulous as you are surrounded by hotels / apartments but when the sun shone, you can see over to Atlantis on the Palm and the beautiful sea. Breakfast was always in the Lounge - fresh eggs & salmon every morning! The lift situation isn't that bad, we never had more than a couple of minutes wait. Room was super clean and the bed was soooo comfortable!! Yes, the pool area is far too small for the hotel and the public beach isn't that great - not much room and absolutely packed. Overall, we had a fabulous 4 day break eating extremely well and sleeping for hours. The hotel is in a great location, try the Buddha Bar and the trip out to Atlantis to their water park was fun - the aquarium is fabulous!! Take lots of money / credit cards - it's not cheap!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 22 April 2012

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had the all-you-can-eat sushi at Benihana's at the Amwaj Rotana and got food poisoning. Management of hotel was not very sympathetic; I had to miss my flight and stay another night (Dubai was a stop over so this was not optimal for me as I had to miss work) and the hotel wanted to charge me an extra $150 to move me to another room. After haggling with the management, they acquiesced and gave me the same room for the same rate. My advice: don't eat at the restaurants here. Go to the beach walk instead where it's safer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Gina F
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

It is with disappointment that I read your comment and as I stated in our hotel online survey which you have filled up as well, It took a while for me to reply to you as I need to personally investigate the matter to avoid similar incidents from occurring in the future.

After having thoroughly investigated the matter with all the concerned department head and Executive Chefs, I have come to learn that we do not have any other similar report of food poisoning concerning our guests who dined in Benihana within the duration of your stay. The same meal during the Eat All You Can theme that night was served to 200 other guests but none of the others had lodged any complaints. In fact since the opening of our hotel in June 2010 till date, we never have such case or complaints.

Likewise, Amwaj Rotana is a HACCP compliance Hotel (a food safety management system), our staff are trained on food safety practices, routine Food safety inspection from Food Safety Hygiene department is always inplace and regular microbiological testing is always conducted and scheduled.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of food safety for all our guests and we always make sure that the food is served according to the standard set by Dubai Municipality.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and trust this incident will not deter you from using our facilities in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Warrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had a lovely stay at Amwaj Rotana over easter. The staff were very friendly, room was lovely and very quiet, we were right next to the lifts, but couldn't hear them. Great to walk out onto Marine Walk and have the the different places to eat. Would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: ask for a high room.
1 Thank BarlowO
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 18 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The accommodation is of an extremely good standard, the rooms are very comfortable, quiet, and modern with all amenities and large balconies with sea views. Previous reviews regarding the lifts have some validity, but this can be overcome by using the lifts in a sensible manner as clearly explained by an earlier reviewer. The Pool is delightful and the beach is easily accessible. The hotel location is perfect and allows easy walking along "The Walk", in addition to accessing the Metro, a highly efficient and very cheap form of transport in order to visit all the sights.
However, the true standard of an excellent hotel is evident should a problem arise with a guest. My experience was that all the staff are professional and present a genuine caring attitude at all times.

I would especially like to extend my very sincere thanks to Sushek (I hope I have spelt his name correctly), a Manager within the Rosso Restaurant, for his superbly professional, caring and sensitive approach and for his commitment and amazing ability to create a memorable evening under difficult circumstances. I would also just mention that the Chocolate and Salt Desert has to be tasted to be believed. It will be remembered!
I thank him sincerely and trust my comments will be passed directly to him.

I would certainly recommend staying at this hotel if visiting Dubai.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SunEscape566
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 15 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I will personally convey your gratitude to Sukesh of Rosso Restaurant which I am sure he will be grateful to hear that his hardwork and enthusiam has been commended.

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Nothing really wrong with this hotel but nothing to make me consider going back either.
We had a Club room with sea view. Room was quite big with a very small bathroom. Bathroom is a 4 star max.
Pool is too small for a hotel this big. The beach is a public one with no beds or umbrellas and very crowded.
Club area is nice.
Had dinner and breakfast at The Horizon and both were good.
Another minus is that the hotel has only 3 elevators and no stairs.
I found it to be very crowded, family oriented. Not the place to relax for sure.
Staff is well trained and efficient.
Wouldn't go back.
If you're keen on that area, Sheraton looked ok, with a bigger pool and private beach.
Will probably go back to Park Hyatt if I have to visit Dubai again.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andreea2503
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach- Dubai.

The beach in front of the hotel is a public beach and we are not authorized by Dubai authorities to place any sun beds or chairs as it is considered as public beach and not owned by our hotel. Unlike Sheraton and Hilton hotels, they were the first hotel in the area that was given the approval to have a direct access to the beach.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we really appreciate your feedback. Once again, thank you so much and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Kind regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed 9 nights at the Amwaj Rotana and would return any time. The location is great! The staff was very friendly, always helpful. Everything was simply 'right'! - They did not have our room free when we arrived - so they offered us the presidential suite for 2 days and then let us stay in there for the entire 9 days!☺We would definitely go back any time we are in Dubai!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 3 April 2012