“First visit to Dubai..so glad we chose the Amwaj Rotana”
Review of Amwaj Rotana

Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #63 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Amwaj and cannot fault it. The staff were unfailingly welcoming, helpful and polite, always extremely smart and always smiling and obviously enjoyed working there.
We mostly ate dinner in the Horizon as there was an excellent choice of delicious food. Breakfast is served until 11am and was also varied and delicious. We dined once in the Rosso (with our Italian business associate) and we all agreed it was quite superb.
We've read comments about the lifts, but our experience was never to wait long, though it was a tad frustrating not to be able to use stairs when we only wanted to go up/down one floor!
The location of the hotel was perfect for us. Taxis are so cheap and we used the fantastic Metro a few times, so nowhere was very far, but avoid Thurs/Fri nights as that's the weekend and the roads are very busy.
Our trip was a last minute decision, and although we knew alcohol was almost only available in hotels, the cost was a shock! Two beers £14 and a bottle of very ordinary plonk around £26, for example. If you like a drink buy at Duty Free when you arrive as it will lessen your bar bill!
The 'genuine real fakes' for sale in Al Karama souq are illegal, and the hassle you get from the traders to go inside their shops is because they have a secret door to show you what they aren't allowed to outside..something we learned after our visit :-(

Despite only staying a relatively short time, we got a real feel for this hotel and spoke with some of the staff at length. (Fendi and staff at the Rosso deserve a special mention.) Dubai is a truly magical place and we intend to return to see more; when we do we will certainly stay at the Amwaj again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank London_Escapee
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and I was pleased to hear that your stay with was both comfortable and enjoyable.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

I will personally convey your gratitude to Ebendi of Rosso and I am sure he will be very happy reciving your commendation.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your guests to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Amwaj Rotana

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Like the other reviewer, my spouse and I got sick at Benihana's at the all-you-can-eat sushi last week. Luckily, it passed (literally and figuratively) within a day but it was pretty bad. I did not complain to hotel about the matter.

4  Thank Sandra B

Dear Guest,

It is with disappointment that I read your comment and as I stated in our hotel online survey which you have filled up and as well to your spouse who have commented the same in TripAdvisor, It took a while for me to reply to you as I need to personally investigate the matter to avoid similar incidents from occurring in the future.

After having thoroughly investigated the matter with all the concerned department head and Executive Chefs, I have come to learn that we do not have any other similar report of food poisoning concerning our guests who dined in Benihana within the duration of your stay. The same meal during the Eat All You Can theme that night was served to 200 other guests but none of the others had lodged any complaints. In fact since the opening of our hotel in June 2010 till date, we never have such case or complaints.

Likewise, Amwaj Rotana is a HACCP compliance Hotel (a food safety management system), our staff are trained on food safety practices, routine Food safety inspection from Food Safety Hygiene department is always inplace and regular microbiological testing is always conducted and scheduled.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of food safety for all our guests and we always make sure that the food is served according to the standard set by Dubai Municipality.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and trust this incident will not deter you from using our facilities in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Overall very good, neat and in the middle of the JBR . many cafes and restaurants around.
Pool is small though and there are no kids activities.
Food was great at Rosso and on the pool . would visit again for another weekend escape

Room Tip: all rooms are good and have a sea view
1  Thank Rrahal
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff and facilities are absolutley excellent at this hidden gem of a hotel. We provisionally booked our family trip via a tour operator and when we arrived at he hotel decided to upgrade the room (to the club room) as we required more space and a sea view (highly recommend that you do this at the hotel as the proces are very very favourable, far better than getting it done via the tour operator).
The Hotel is very famil friendly though if you were just a couple looking for a getaway it would also be good for this also. The Staff and team are very friendly and accomodating and the service in our experience was second to none. The rooms are very clean and well maintained, spacious and though we travelled with our young 1 year old nothing was too big an ask. We suffered from "next door room noise" as the walls dampened any sound that there may have been from any neighbours. Good restaurants in the hotel and very near to waht seems like hundreds of eateries nearby. My only criticism was that the walk to the local beach area was a bit awkward to get to, though this was a small price to pay for such a good location and service all round. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade when you arrive at the hotel, club rooms are excellent value for money, with excellent views...
1  Thank robw247
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Upgraded to a Club Room when we arrived after reading the reviews on here. Well worth it! Room was on the 24th floor, view isn;t that fabulous as you are surrounded by hotels / apartments but when the sun shone, you can see over to Atlantis on the Palm and the beautiful sea. Breakfast was always in the Lounge - fresh eggs & salmon every morning! The lift situation isn't that bad, we never had more than a couple of minutes wait. Room was super clean and the bed was soooo comfortable!! Yes, the pool area is far too small for the hotel and the public beach isn't that great - not much room and absolutely packed. Overall, we had a fabulous 4 day break eating extremely well and sleeping for hours. The hotel is in a great location, try the Buddha Bar and the trip out to Atlantis to their water park was fun - the aquarium is fabulous!! Take lots of money / credit cards - it's not cheap!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Club Room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had the all-you-can-eat sushi at Benihana's at the Amwaj Rotana and got food poisoning. Management of hotel was not very sympathetic; I had to miss my flight and stay another night (Dubai was a stop over so this was not optimal for me as I had to miss work) and the hotel wanted to charge me an extra $150 to move me to another room. After haggling with the management, they acquiesced and gave me the same room for the same rate. My advice: don't eat at the restaurants here. Go to the beach walk instead where it's safer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank Gina F

Dear Guest,

It is with disappointment that I read your comment and as I stated in our hotel online survey which you have filled up as well, It took a while for me to reply to you as I need to personally investigate the matter to avoid similar incidents from occurring in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had a lovely stay at Amwaj Rotana over easter. The staff were very friendly, room was lovely and very quiet, we were right next to the lifts, but couldn't hear them. Great to walk out onto Marine Walk and have the the different places to eat. Would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: ask for a high room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarlowO
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us.