“Great hotel”

Ranked #65 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Doha
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was staying in Dubai Marina for only one night visiting friends and I managed to get a good last-minute deal at the Amwaj Rotana.

I arrived at 2pm (standard check-in time) and the lady at the front desk (I think her name was Connie) was very helpful and informed me that she would upgrade me to suite on the 20th floor -- but I would have to wait for an hour for it to be ready. That was fine by me, I was planning to just drop my stuff off and get a coffee anyway. Connie was waiting with the key when I returned.

Needless to say the suite was huge, with a massive balcony with a sea view, a huge bathroom with separate tub and shower stall, two TVs etc. It was a suite at a five-star hotel -- of course it was going to be fantastic. It was probably one of the largest hotel rooms that I had ever stayed in.

Location -- Dubai is a very spread out city so there is no such thing as a hotel that is close to everything. I based the review on its location within Dubai Marina, and its location is great. It is right on The Walk, near all the restaurants, and across the street from the beach area.

The road in front of the hotel is crowded with cars late into the night, and there is a lot of construction across the street as another resort is being built, but when I went to bed I could hear nothing so noise wasn’t an issue.

As I was only there for one night and spent the evening with friends I didn't have time to try any of the amenities. I did stop by the pool bar for a drink and it seemed nice enough. A few of the people at the bar were residents of the Marina who had recently finished a Friday afternoon buffet so I’m going to assume the food is decent if residents were going there. My room didn't include breakfast and I had to leave early to catch a flight so I didn't try breakfast either.

Check-out was smooth, Connie was there and made check-out quick.

I definitely wasn't disappointed and would have no issue staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Qatarskeptic
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Glad to hear that you have a smooth check-in and check-out process and you have enjoyed the room upgrade.

Our hotel is situated in the prime area of Dubai and considered as one of the ultimate tourist destination. The area is near to Metro, Dubai Marina Mall, Restaurants and Beach that caters the need of our guests.

I look forward to have the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our Hotel in the near future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah-Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

we went to Dubai and Maldives for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Amwaj Rotana in Jumeriah. The hotel is fantastic it is clean, the staff are friendly. we met the meet and greet gentleman called Raphael who was ever so polite and helpful and very kind. The house keeping staff were very nice, nothing was to much trouble.

would definately reccomend the hotel and will be visiting again in the near future.

thank you to all the staff at Amwaj Rotana for making our visit so special and memorable.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shaz M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Hotel and for taking the time in giving your feedback.

It is great to know that our fantastic and friendly team provided you with utmost comfort and service.

On behalf of Amwaj Rotana team, it is our pleasure to provide you with truly treasured experience and we will strive hard to continue providing an excellent service to our guest.

I am glad that you will recommend and will be visiting us again in the future.

Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My stay in the hotel is quite memorable, enjoying each moment of stay, the facilities, environment, hygienic condtions, atmosphere and above all the courteous staff all are fabolous.went to the beach early in the mornig and enjoyed swimming in the sea.

Room Tip: all rooms are good airy and provides good sightseeing
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met with your expectations.

The facilities, good ambiance with a courteous and fabulous staff are the kind of service we are providing to our guests that makes their stay memorable and enjoyable.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Even though, it was not my first time to stay at Amwaj Rotana hotel, but it felt like it. The atmosphere, location and staff at Club Rotana made my stay very pleasant.
When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that my room was upgraded to a suite which was a very pleasant surprise.
I would like to thank all Amwaj Rotana staff and specially the Club Rotana team (Grace, Jess, Mavic, Jen, Patrick and the rest) for their help to make my stay so amazing…

Room Tip: Higher floors have better seaview...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Baqami
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found our services satisfactorily and we have met your expectations. It is our pleasure to provide our guests with highest hospitality services which we always aim and value.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Amwaj Rotana, Jumeira Beach in Dubai is top class, The rooms were beautiful, beutiful view of the sea and Atlatis The Palm Hotel. Top class service. Food was devine the whole time . All staff especially from the pool and the hotel resturant were extremely friendly and welcoming. The Hotel is in the mist of the intertaiment area. Transport easily accessible, close to the train station.

The whole place is worth visiting sometime in ones lifetime, I would recomment this hotel and would go back any time, even now actually

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Guest,

It is our pride and aim to serve our guests with high standard of genuine hospitality and truly treasured experiences.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights and the service from the hotel staff was a highlight. They were all very attentive to make sure that my stay was a good one. The room was very comfortable with good wi-fi speed and a veiw over the beach. The hotel has a great location close to the beach and located on Jumeirah Walk which has a lot of good restaurants to eat at close by. Dubai Marina mall and the Jumeirah Lakes Towers metro stop are both approximately 10mins walk from the hotel. This wasn't too far even in the heat of the day. I also ate at the Horizon restaurant for lunch each day and the food there was fabulous. There was a large variety of dishes catering to different tastes, and all excellently prepared. I really recommend a meal there. There is construction of a shopping center in front of the hotel happening at the moment but I didn't hear any noise from this that interrupted my sleep.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors have the better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mickfree
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a rewarding exeperience for us to know that our guests were satisfied by our facilities and services. The feedback from guests serves as an inspiration for us to serve more and to meet the guest expectations.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Let me first say that we are scheduled to stay here for 4 more nights, having been here for the past 3. At the time of booking, we saw a message on Expedia that bookings are currently eligible for free upgrades. When a hotel advertises free upgrades, usually they are things like room upgrade, meal voucher, or if a place charges for Internet, free Internet. It turns out that there was no such thing. Internet at the Amwaj Rotana costs 95 Dirhams (30 dollars) a day. Staying for 7 nights, this will equate to over $200!!! I feel a bit ripped off about this.
The location is great, and the staff are helpful. Good overall, I just wish in this day and age they weren't nickel and diming about the Internet. I hope the rest of the trip goes well.
Ammar Naseer

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We are however disappointed to know that we failed to meet your expectations in some areas and would like to sincerely apologize for the same. This is not a true reflection of our usual high standards and your feedback has been shared with the respective departments for corrective action to be taken.

With regards to free internet in the hotel, all Rotana Hotels are charging internet usage which we benchmark as well with our competitor hotels around our area.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,