“Perfect Location”

Ranked #58 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Kuwait
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was my first time at Amwaj Rotana. I absolutely loved their facilities, even though I didn't have ample time to utilize some. I spent a night there and the hotels staff were quite friendly, always greeted me with a smile from the employees at the door, reception, pool and even their restaurants.

Location was perfect. It's literally located nearby (and within walking distance to) Jumeirah Beach Residences' assorted variety of cafes, restaurants and some night-life activities.

Fortunately, though, I found out that the price I paid for my room for that weekend was an EXTRAORDINARY bargain compared to the following weekends with an increase of an astronomical 100% of what I paid!

Rooms were clean and spacious, with a convenient, additional feature in the bathroom for listening to whatever you are tuned in from your TV.

However, due to the construction across the hotel, the beach access was a bit of a hassle, so I decided not to bother walking there and instead take advantage of their pool area.

There was one minor setback though which I thought would make it an exquisite hotel choice: the rewards program policy. I was informed that since I applied for a loyalty card after my stay that I won't be able to redeem my stays' points. Besides that, I loved Amwaj Rotana and I'm personally considering staying at any of the other hotels.

Also, thank you Daniel for your front-desk assistance during my stay.

Room Tip: Traveling solo? Don't settle for less than a King Bedroom. Its quite spacious, furnished with a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Ali,

Thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Hotel and for taking the time in giving your feedback. We are always pleased to read great valuable feedback which we always share to our team.

We are glad that you really liked the services and facilities particularly the room rates. The hotel is truly situated in a prime location close to assorted variety of restaurants and night life activities.

I look forward to have the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah-Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Spent 7 nights in Amwaj and from the moment I walked in, I was greeted to a first class service. The staff never placed a foot wrong, restaurant was brilliant, love the food. Room was very clean, spacious and homely. Considering there are constructions going on around the hotel, I hardly heard any noise. Would I go there, most definitely......already planning my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Biggy122
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Biggy,

Thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Hotel and for taking the time in sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have considered our service as first class. It is always our pride to provide our guests with the highest standard of services.

We are looking forward to your next visit and very sure that you will enjoy all the new activities around the area that are currently being built.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had stopped in this Hotel last year and returned this year as we had such a good time! The service and standards never failed to impress and we really enjoyed getting to know the staff which are all a fantastic asset to the Hotel. If you are aware of the building works prior to going then they are no problem at all and actually quite interesting to watch.

A special mention must be made to Sumi, on the front door, who is always a friendly face as you arrive at the Hotel, The Sun Deck Team - Vicky, Mubeer, Tuan, Ian, Aasim and the rest of the team, who made us feel so welcome and never failed to entertain, and the House Keeping Staff - the rooms were immucalate - CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!

Room Tip: Once again, the Classic Room is more than adequate!
1 Thank RichardandJenny978
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It was truly wonderful to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations yet again.

We are extremely pleased to hear that our team looked after you well and we are grateful for your compliments. We eagerly await to receive you with a warm reception once again.

Old Basing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent 5 nights is the Amwaj Rotana late September 2013.

The service in this hotel is of the highest standard I have ever come across.

We upgraded to Club Rotana which was very special. This included car transfer from the airport which was waiting for us when we arrived.

The transfer was the start of the excellent experience we received. The driver was friendly acted as a tour guide as it was our first time in Dubai (it won't be our last). When we arrived we were ushered to the Club Rotana reception on the 25th floor. Check in here was handled professionally and personally by Grace.

We used the club every day for breakfast, occasional afternoon tea, evening canapes and evening drinks which were free from 18:00 to 20:00. Patrick and the staff were the most attentive people. The glasses were never empty and the canapes were enough for us so we did not have to go out and eat every night.

We had a Club Rotana King room which overlooked the sea from the 21st floor. You can see the Palm Island and Atlantis Hotel from the balcony. The room was big and very clean. We had an ever ending supply of bottled water which was very useful. The room was cleaned at our preferred time everyday and checked at least three times a day with a turn down in the evening whilst we were in the club eating canapes.

There was everything you need in the room with many toiletries. The talc powder smells divine and is so much better than anything in the UK.

We had no problems with the elevators. There are three for the hotel. There should be four but we did not have to wait any more than 2 - 3 minutes for a lift. But I guess this depends upon the time of day you use them.

The building works outside the hotel between the hotel and the beach were a little noisy when you are outside, however, when you are in the room with the door closed (which is required due to the air conditioning) then it s much quieter. We had no problems sleeping. The Mall they are building seems to have had most of it's major construction work complete. They were removing some of the scaffolding when we were there so it will hopefully be mostly complete when we next visit. The Mall is only two or three levels high so does not affect the sea views and when it is complete will make the area even better.

They are also building the Dubai Eye on an a man made Island just off the beach. This I'm told will be complete by the summer of 2014. It was very interesting watching the Island grow in our short stay and again will be an asset to the area.

The pool and pool area in the hotel was clean with again attentive and friendly staff (Rotana seem to be able to attract the best staff). The access from the pool area to the beach was not a chore. We had to walk around the new Mall which only took a few minutes. Anyone who mentions a long trek to get to the beach probably went the wrong way or the access to the beach to the left of the hotel and past the Sheriton was not open at that point.

It was my Wife 50th birthday when we was in Dubai. I had informed them of this on booking. This was fantastic as after breakfast my Wife was serenaded by the Club Rotana staff and presented with a chocolate cake. Then there was a trolley delivered to our room with another cake, a bottle of Prosecco and a bunch of flowers. A lovely touch.

It seemed like everyone in the hotel knew it was here birthday and wished her a happy birthday where ever we went.

Everything we wanted was catered for including booking trips and transport. Michael Kemp (Front of house Director) was very helpful in making sure we were looked after.

A big thank you to everyone from the cleaning staff, pool guys, Club Rotana staff through to the Management team for a truly memorable experience from my wife and I.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Rotana if you can. This may save you money with food and drinks as well as making yo...
2 Thank Darrell C
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Darrell,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit and thank you for your compliments.

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with the utmost comfort and are pleased to hear that we have surpassed your expectations. We are mostly glad that you chose to spend your special occasion at Amwaj Rotana.

As you have mentioned, there will be a lot more to experience in the near vicinity very soon and so, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Doha
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was staying in Dubai Marina for only one night visiting friends and I managed to get a good last-minute deal at the Amwaj Rotana.

I arrived at 2pm (standard check-in time) and the lady at the front desk (I think her name was Connie) was very helpful and informed me that she would upgrade me to suite on the 20th floor -- but I would have to wait for an hour for it to be ready. That was fine by me, I was planning to just drop my stuff off and get a coffee anyway. Connie was waiting with the key when I returned.

Needless to say the suite was huge, with a massive balcony with a sea view, a huge bathroom with separate tub and shower stall, two TVs etc. It was a suite at a five-star hotel -- of course it was going to be fantastic. It was probably one of the largest hotel rooms that I had ever stayed in.

Location -- Dubai is a very spread out city so there is no such thing as a hotel that is close to everything. I based the review on its location within Dubai Marina, and its location is great. It is right on The Walk, near all the restaurants, and across the street from the beach area.

The road in front of the hotel is crowded with cars late into the night, and there is a lot of construction across the street as another resort is being built, but when I went to bed I could hear nothing so noise wasn’t an issue.

As I was only there for one night and spent the evening with friends I didn't have time to try any of the amenities. I did stop by the pool bar for a drink and it seemed nice enough. A few of the people at the bar were residents of the Marina who had recently finished a Friday afternoon buffet so I’m going to assume the food is decent if residents were going there. My room didn't include breakfast and I had to leave early to catch a flight so I didn't try breakfast either.

Check-out was smooth, Connie was there and made check-out quick.

I definitely wasn't disappointed and would have no issue staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Qatarskeptic
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Glad to hear that you have a smooth check-in and check-out process and you have enjoyed the room upgrade.

Our hotel is situated in the prime area of Dubai and considered as one of the ultimate tourist destination. The area is near to Metro, Dubai Marina Mall, Restaurants and Beach that caters the need of our guests.

I look forward to have the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our Hotel in the near future.

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

we went to Dubai and Maldives for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Amwaj Rotana in Jumeriah. The hotel is fantastic it is clean, the staff are friendly. we met the meet and greet gentleman called Raphael who was ever so polite and helpful and very kind. The house keeping staff were very nice, nothing was to much trouble.

would definately reccomend the hotel and will be visiting again in the near future.

thank you to all the staff at Amwaj Rotana for making our visit so special and memorable.

Room Tip: all rooms have great views
1 Thank shaz M
Dear Guest,

It is great to know that our fantastic and friendly team provided you with utmost comfort and service.

On behalf of Amwaj Rotana team, it is our pleasure to provide you with truly treasured experience and we will strive hard to continue providing an excellent service to our guest.

I am glad that you will recommend and will be visiting us again in the future.

Lahore, Pakistan
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My stay in the hotel is quite memorable, enjoying each moment of stay, the facilities, environment, hygienic condtions, atmosphere and above all the courteous staff all are fabolous.went to the beach early in the mornig and enjoyed swimming in the sea.

Room Tip: all rooms are good airy and provides good sightseeing
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met with your expectations.

The facilities, good ambiance with a courteous and fabulous staff are the kind of service we are providing to our guests that makes their stay memorable and enjoyable.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back.