Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center
US$105
Hotel Ankara(Vina del Mar)
US$123
Hotel Monterilla(Vina del Mar)
US$119
US$113
Conference Town Hotel(Vina del Mar)
US$124
US$99
US$255
US$211
Hotel Monaldi(Vina del Mar)
US$53
Hotel Camino del Alto(Vina del Mar)
Atton San Martin(Vina del Mar)
US$129
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$117
Travelocity
1,488 results
All reviewsindoor poolthe pacific oceanbeautiful hotelcorner roomchillibreakfast buffetwelcome drinkrooms face the oceanpublic beachrooms are spaciousbreathtaking viewsbalcony doorsantiago airportconciergevalparaisovinaspg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This Sheraton was one of the worst experiences I have had with a hotel and especially one in the Starwood family. As a SPG Gold member I have been to many of their hotels across the world. Never have I felt so let down than at this Sheraton. When we drove up for check-in, no one came out to greet us or help. This was an issue as I recently had broken my leg and was moving around with crutches. As my wife tried to get the luggage cart herself, someone finally came to help. Or so we thought. Instead of bringing the cart to the car, he held the door open for several minutes. Watching my wife unload the bags onto the curb. Eventually he came out and motioned for me to sit on a bench near reception. My wife went to park the car in the meantime. I was fully expectant that someone would come over and get me started on the check in process. Since crutches were still very new to me, I wasn't as comfortable with them. However that didn't happen. The reception wasn't even busy at the time. When my wife came back, she was equally surprised that no one had come over to get us settled. When she was at the reception and they need some information, she had to yell over to me. It was very bizarre. After asking whether they had a wheelchair for me to us, they provided one. During check in we also were told what a great we had gotten, and that breakfast was excluded. We'd obviously gotten a great rate, as we'd booked on points & cash through SPG. However it almost seemed like they'd never seen such a booking.

We had booked a handicapped friendly room, which was well equipped and allowed me to take a shower easily with a broken leg. Room included a balcony with seaview. However it was not accessible by wheelchair, which didn't make sense. If you put a balcony into a handicap friendly room, then you should make sure it is wheelchair accessible.

We had a light dinner on the terrace of the hotel bar. However after my wife wrote in the tip, the waiter commented "it is just easier if you give a straight 10%". The next morning my wife noticed that she must have left her sunglasses on the terrace the prior night. Given that we were staying at a Sheraton, we had high hopes of her sunglasses being found. We inquired several times during the day, but the glasses had been taken by someone. Given that it is a pretty fancy hotel, I was shocked that her glasses didn't turn up. We were the very last guests on the terrace that night. In the end it is our fault, but even when she went to inquire about them people didn't really seem to care.

Upon check out, we were asked if everything was OK with our stay. When I said no and recanted our whole experience, the woman at reception wished us a better experience at Sheraton next time. She missed the chance to somehow make up for things. She could have offeres to write down our email in case the glasses turned up, she could have offered us some SPG points as an apology, she could have offered that we speak to the manager. But no, she just sent us on our way. The fact complaints are just brushed off is the most unfortunate in all of this. That and the utter lack of customer focus and especially empathy for guests that are injured.

Please do not stay here. You can do better.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BiCiNg
jbm_miramar, Quality Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your last stay in Viña del Mar and for your comments. Your experience does not reflect the way we normally serve our distinguished guests. We are very sorry for these mishaps.
Our Front Office Manager will contact you.
Thank you very much again for your feedback and sorry for the inconveniences.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is a very enjoyable hotel. I stayed here for two nights recently, and had a great experience. The facilities are excellent, but I think the staff was responsible for my stay being so nice. Each staff member was pleasant and helpful beyond expectations, no exceptions.

The room... clean, modern, gorgeous ocean view. Very comfortable bed. Large bathroom with a great shower (and separate tub). When I asked someone in housekeeping for an iron, I had one in about two minutes if that. Lots of TV channels, with plenty in English if that's something you need/want.

Room service was incredibly quick and quite good. The breakfast buffet was good. The hotel has two pools, one indoors, heated, rather shallow. The other one is outdoors, cold water (but I still enjoyed it).

The hotel is a short walk from the city's casino and main restaurant area, but it could be an issue for anyone mobility impaired. Just something to consider. Taxis to most parts of central Viña are roughly $ 4.000 - $ 4.500.

All-in-all, I really enjoyed my time here and highly recommend the hotel to anyone planning to stay in Viña del Mar.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank chileboy
jbm_miramar, Quality Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are very glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations. For any additional comments, questions or for a future reservation, please contact us: reservas.miramar@sheraton.com. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've been in this hotel during a conference held there. Rooms were big enogh, all of them with greatest sea views. Breakfast was very good, but quite dissapointing for a five-star hotel like this one. Poor variety of fruits and healthy food. Gym was great despite the mulfunction of the air conditioning. And personnel assistance was really good, but I should mention that during the check-out process I found a charge from the bar into my room that was incorrect. Moreover, they checked the registered signature and was totally different. That was quite embarrassing situation.

Room Tip: Check your account balance with care prior leaving the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank luk342
jbm_miramar, Quality Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you very much for your important feedback. Your opinion is very important. We apologize for any inconvenience. If possible, please contact us at: reservas.miramar@sheraton.com, so we can get in touch with you to look into the details. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have spent two our three night stay at the hotel. The views are stunning and the rooms are quiet. The staff I have found to be very helpful. Felipe took the time to assist me with a police report for my bag that was stolen out of our car as we stood on the other side of it. We speak no Spanish and he was very helpful. Today I was robbed again in the streets of Valparasio as man ran up behind me pulling me down as he snatched my bag that being carried across my body. I am now by the beautiful pool and have no plans to leave the hotel until our departure.

Room Tip: We were in 507 which about four rooms from the elevator. It gets the afternoon sun on the balcony and has a beautiful view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PJCToronto
jbm_miramar, Quality Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are sorry for the rob you suffered while visiting the city but we are pleased that Felipe was able to help in this situation. We will forward your comment to him.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

A fantastic sea view and wonderful food may in some people's minds make up for aggressive and unhelpful staff - but not mine, sadly. Our first experience was a wonderful lunch (after a 27 hour journey) but sadly when I did not enter the tip on the check when I signed for the meal, but was going to leave it separately, the waiter became aggressive and hostile - in a Sheraton??? Yep, you read right. Next when we tried to change a small sum of cash at the front desk, we were told they had run out (fair enough) but then when they found some, they refused to change our currency (UK pounds, not exactly rare). When I asked about where I could change, they showed me a map and said "just walk down here" - about 1.5 miles!! Add to that no welcome on check-in and no "we hope you enjoyed your stay" on checkout made for a rather sad experience. I checked out after 2 nights of a 3 night booking. Sorry, Sheraton, you'll have to do a bit more staff training in this location.

Room Tip: Ocean-view is a must
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msmytravel
jbm_miramar, Quality Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013