“Awesome facility; spotty service”

Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Vina del Mar
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I spent four nights in this hotel - I was attending a conference down the road at another hotel.

Let me start off by saying that this is an amazing place - the rooms are great, the hotel is amazing, the rooms (certainly my room) seem to all have an excellent view. I have not slept as well in a hotel as I have at this facility, ever. The bed is super comfortable, the room is very dark, there is no street noise, and cracking the door to the balcony let in just enough cool ocean air to make for a great several nights of sleep. Other elements of this hotel are also great - the location, the view, the size and quality of the room, the restaurant, the fitness center, the pool (didn't swim, but it looked nice).

I would however call attention to two important areas - I found the service to be pretty spotty, not what I would expect from what should be 5 star service. For example, it was hard to get coffee in the morning at the restaurant; service on the phone was almost aggressive at times; things ordered from room service (e.g, a glass of wine) didn't come with the order, a miss-placed boarding pass, a total lack of attention for getting another drink at the bar ....these seem to be little things, and they aren't deal breakers, but shouldn't occur (at least as regularly as they seemed to) at a place like this. The other area for improvement is in the food - again, not a deal breaker, but I would consider the food in the restaurant and delivered via room service to be normal and just ok. Quality (and creativity) could be improved.

Overall, I thought the experience and location was fabulous and loved the hotel. I would happily return.

Room Tip: I was in a room around the middle - 615 - it was excellent, with a fantastic view, spacious, large...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tourismspecialist88
Raily K, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your last stay in Viña del Mar. Your comments are very important. Reaching and exceeding Guest Expectations is at the core of our objectives and we strive to do our utmost to provide exceptional service.

We really appreciate your comments and thank you very much for your important feedback. Should there be anything else I can assist you with, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location and value with all rooms overlooking the Pacific; beautifull sunsets and a walking distance of restaurants in Vina del Mar. Rooms are spacious with all expected amenities; professionnal staff; room cost included breakfast, We selected this hotel as a 2 nights stop over transition between our flights from Toronto before boarding on our cruiseship.
We also use the hotel concierge services to plan all our stay including tranfers from the airport in Santiago and a private wine tour. All services were delivered on the time by a very professionnal staff. All expenses were forward to the hotel master account and paid on checking out. It was a great way to start our vacation!

Room Tip: all rooms provide spectacular views; avoid lower levels (noise from the terrace restaurant)!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Raily K, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My family of four has stayed at this Sheraton twice. It is fabulous! The rooms are very large and 4 people fit comfortably in a room with 2 beds. This is a big deal as hotel rooms are normally very small in Chile. All rooms have a stunning sea view, and the location is an easy walk to Vina restaurants. We get the breakfast buffet as it is so nice to have a leisurely breakfast with a spectacular view of the Pacific. My husband and I both used the spa services. We booked massages which were reasonably priced and very professional. I also used the gym, no charge, which is spacious and well equipped. I am booking another stay at the Sheraton for my inlaws in May.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view and a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Skystew101
Raily K, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your last stay in Viña del Mar, your comments are very important. Reaching and exceeding Guest Expectations is at the core of our objectives and we strive to do our utmost to provide exceptional service.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in March of 2014. The location of this hotel is outstanding! It appears to hang over the Pacific Ocean. We were checked in very quickly and escorted to our room. Our room was lovely with floor to ceiling windows along one wall that overlooked the ocean and beach. It had a huge balcony that faced Valparaiso and when the sun went down all the lights from Valparaiso were on display. Definitely ask for a room facing towards Valparaiso and the beach. This room also had a luxury bathroom with a rainhead shower and separate bath tub. The included breakfast was delightful with many hot and cold choices. The room where breakfast was served had floor to ceiling windows with a great view. Every staff member that we came into contact with was an utter delight. Anything that you wanted they were happy to help you with. I would recommend this hotel highly. The only complaint I have is that WiFi in the room was an additional charge, that just seems so cheap. Aside from that I would suggest you stay here if you are ever in Vina del Mar.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Raily K, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed only one night after arriving via cruise ship early in the morning. The staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful in accommodating our early arrival. Our room (as well as lobby and common areas) was spacious and immaculate; a perfect blend of class and comfort. We loved our stunning room view from the wall of windows and balcony overlooking the water and beach below and the city in the distance. Slept oh so peacefully to the sounds of the waves crashing on the beach! The buffet breakfast, which offered a wide variety from made-to-order eggs, fruit, meats, and pastries, was included in our room rate. Our only complaint was the lack of free wifi in the rooms, although it was easily accessed in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014
Raily K, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Raily U. Kligge Marttinen

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am just back from a trip to Chile and spent two nights at the Sheraton in Vina del Mar. I cannot say enough great things bout this property. It is extremely clean, friendly staff, fabulous location, and amazing views and pool. You can walk anywhere in Vina from this property. I have stayed at other hotels in this area and I assure you that his is by far the best.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Raily K, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your last stay in Viña del Mar. We appreciate you took the time filling out our Guest Satisfaction Survey. Your comments are very important. Reaching and exceeding Guest Expectations is at the core of our objectives and we strive to do our utmost to provide exceptional service.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

For a luxe break while traveling through Chile, we chose the Sheraton Miramar. We were delighted! Fabulous location! Beautiful sea, rocks--next to a nice beach. Views from our balcony, breakfast, drinks on the terrace--any hour of the day--are sensational! The building itself is a gorgeous, memorable design and the artwork is wonderful! Pricey and worth it!
We also booked this hotel because we could rent a car to be picked up at the desk in the lobby and return a week later at the Santiago airport after our cruise, which docked in Valparaiso (recommended for a visit!!). Other cruisers had difficulty finding locations to achieve this rental at all--or without a huge drop-off fees. Europcar at this Sheraton was great!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a view--we got it and were outside on our balcony most of our stay!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Raily K, General Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Raily Kligge Marttinen