“Good--better than average, not quite very god”
Review of The Grill House

The Grill House
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Allegan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After seeing the restaurant on TV, we tried it last night. They had a band outside and the landscape around the restaurant was pretty. We were pleased with the food and service. I did not want to cook my own steak but the waitress encourged me to do it and it was fun. The steak was nice and tender. The salad and potato were OK. We sat inside since there was no room outside.The room was drab. I think that the prices are reasonable. I would probably go back and try to sit ourside . I think that that would make a big difference.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My Parents visit from Texas once a year and we always take them to The Grill House for lunch. The outdoor setting on one of the Glider Tables is great, the service was stellar and the sandwiches were awesome as usual topped off with a cold beer. Great Time!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Rode motorcycles to Allegan to enjoy the food and view on a Sunday afternoon. Out server was very helpful and pleasant, and gave us excellent service. The food was very good and the view and atmosphere was pleasant. I would definitely eat here again, especially if I could sit outside.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went to lunch here with some friends. It's about the best restaurant in the area. The outdoor tables are great, but it was too cold so we sat inside. The bar area is nice but very noisy. The other three rooms are in need of an update to the decor. The food was good and affordable. Not outstanding.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went on a Friday night at around 8 pm which is apparently when the restaurant is winding down. Grilling our own steaks was fun, but the grill master was more interested in chatting with his friend than helping us. The baked potato bar was empty with the exception of butter. Steak quality was decent but not amazing.