“Worst service ever!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grill House

The Grill House
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Allegan
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Worst service ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Saw this place on travel channel.... Drove from chicago to michigan for the wine fest.... We were told the grills would be an hour wait so we were sent downstairs..The waitress Amy was nice...we placed or order at 5:20...There were 4 people in my group 3 of us ordered from the kitchen (a burger, chicken sandwich and the perch dinner.. I ordered a steak from upstairs... The appetizer titled bucket of scraps was just that SCRAPS.... At 6:00 I was told I could go upstairs and pick up my steak and sides....(no one else at my table had received their food at this time)... Once I return to the table Amy says to the rest of my party your food should be right out..... So I'm eating my steak and the assistant Mgr asks US why haven't we gotten our food..... We are told again its coming needless to say the food never came and the explanation given was they were backed up because of the (Tim Mcgraw concert).... Fyi people who came in after us were served their food in a somewhat timely fashion....

I won't ever return!!!!!

They did comp my steak.... But my wife and god parents left STARVING!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jabez2137

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“The Grille House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We went to the Grille House and got lucky, just waited a few minutes and got a glider seat outside. It was the weekday and we were able to have the restaurant cook our food on the Grille for us. Weekends they a can not do that. I have never cooked on a grille so happy, the waitress was so sweet and checked on our table several times. The manager also checked in on us. He was really kind, not intrusive and talked to us after we ate. The food really good. Great Place to eat and be spoiled.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Connie B
Bellaire, Texas
“Good--better than average, not quite very god”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

After seeing the restaurant on TV, we tried it last night. They had a band outside and the landscape around the restaurant was pretty. We were pleased with the food and service. I did not want to cook my own steak but the waitress encourged me to do it and it was fun. The steak was nice and tender. The salad and potato were OK. We sat inside since there was no room outside.The room was drab. I think that the prices are reasonable. I would probably go back and try to sit ourside . I think that that would make a big difference.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
“Fabulous Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My Parents visit from Texas once a year and we always take them to The Grill House for lunch. The outdoor setting on one of the Glider Tables is great, the service was stellar and the sandwiches were awesome as usual topped off with a cold beer. Great Time!

Fowler, Michigan, United States
“Relaxing meal outside, great view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Rode motorcycles to Allegan to enjoy the food and view on a Sunday afternoon. Out server was very helpful and pleasant, and gave us excellent service. The food was very good and the view and atmosphere was pleasant. I would definitely eat here again, especially if I could sit outside.