DeLano Mansion Inn Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn(Plainwell)
View Hotel
Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant(Shelbyville)
Residence Inn Holland(Holland)
  • Pool
Starlite Resort(Saugatuck)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousb bgarden roomair conditionernight staymarciamichiganwineriesrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Delano Mansion Inn is a wonderful place to stay! The owner Scott was very helpful and available without being intrusive. The inn is absolutely beautiful. We found it to be an ideal place to relax and unwind. The French Garden Suite is lovely and very private. It had everything we needed including an in room refrigerator and coffee maker. The breakfasts were excellent both in quality and quantity. The only thing remotely negative thing I could say is that it is a decent drive to Saugatuck and Holland and there is not much to do in Allegan. The downtown closes at 2 pm on Saturday, so be prepared to drive to find restaurants and entertainment. Other than that it is an ideal vacation spot.

Room Tip: I don't really think that there is a bad room here, but if you want a whirlpool tub get a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I recently spent four nights in Allegan, MI. My client made arrangements for my daughter and me at the DeLano Mansion Inn B&B. This is a beautifully restored Victorian mansion in the heart of Allegan. The home has been meticulously restored. The antique furnishing are amazing. Inn Keeper, Scott Ehrich is trained in culinary arts and the breakfasts were scrumptious. I don't recommend any of the regular hotels in the area (there are very few) but if you find yourself in Allegan, check this out.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, ask for the only room on the first floor. It's a lovely suite with a fabulous large jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you love beautifully restored Victorian homes, this is the place to stay. The hosts attend to every detail in decor. I was in Allegan on a business trip for one night and wish I could have stayed longer. It was so relaxing to be in the room that I snuggled into bed with a good book and quickly fell asleep after having a cup of chamomile tea and a home-made cookie. The bathroom was spacious, with tiled floors and marble counter. Everything was squeaky clean. My room had a gas fireplace, which I didn't use, but would have had my trip been longer. There was a hair dryer in the room, but in the morning, I realized I couldn't touch up my dress pants as there was no iron. So, check out the availability of an iron. The breakfast was blueberry pecan French toast, sausages, cranberry coffee cake, fresh fruit, a choice of juices and great coffee, all prepared by Scott who was very attentive. I will stay there again on future business trips.

Room Tip: There was no closet in the Ashley room, but there were hangers to use on a clothes tree. Great bathroom in the Ashley with tub/shower combo and tiled floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We were looking for a stress free way to have a very intimate small wedding that was stress free. Meeting with Delano's Innkeeper we were comfortable, even though we had never stayed at the Inn beforehand. He took care of all the details and the wedding turned our more beautiful and special than expected. Most importantly, our stay was comfortable and stress free. We were pampered without being hovered upon, and would highly recommend Delano Inn for some rest and relaxation or even an elopment!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I cant say enough about the Delano Inn, if your in the area, look no further for your B&B fix! The architectural design and detail of this Inn is fascinating. The breakfasts are sublime, and dangerous if your on a diet. Scott makes you feel like your home, and he keeps the cookie jar full all day long!
Wes and Vicki