“Customer service????” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Allegan
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Excellent coffee shop with full-featured coffee and espresso bar, baked goods, and sandwiches.
“Customer service????”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I live in Allegan and work in the downtown area. When I happen to see new people, I am friendly and people normally ask me about good places to eat. I will no longer be telling them about Mug Shots.
The food is good, although over priced. The customer service, however, is no good at all. A seminar on customer service would be a great idea for them. Michael B. of Grand Rapids has said it all.
Out of all the times I have been there there was one time where I felt welcomed, (and that was only because the server was a former neighbor).
What has caused this review to finally get posted is that my friends and I had ordered some breakfast sandwiches, to be picked up. There was one sandwich ordered with no peppers, it would have been helpful if that sandwich was somehow marked. Since it as not we had to open all the sandwiches to find the one with no peppers. Inconvenient and unnecessary if taken care of with a simple mark on the wrapper.
The next issue came when two people who ordered sauteed onions were given pickled onions instead. When I called to let them know that we had received pickled onions and not sauteed onions, I was told that they were sauteed . Instead of listening to me, the person that answered the phone said: No you got sauteed, I made those sandwiches myself, I don't even have the pickled onions open yet. I said well two of us feel these are NOT sauteed, can you check, maybe taste them? She says yes, but instead starts telling a coworker about the phone conversation, never moving to look at the onions or investigate at all. Just standing there rating to her coworker. Then gets back on the phone and tells me again NO those are sauteed onions. Right or wrong the attitude she was putting out was unacceptable.
Moral of the story, if you are going to work in customer service and be rude, at least learn how to mute the phone.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Karen R

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Apple Fig Salad is hands down one of the best salads I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I appreciate the care they put into their food. I posted a picture, because not only is the Apple Fig Salad amazingly delicious, it is beautiful to behold. I am also very impressed with the management and the way they support the community, as well as the quality of their food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary C
Michigan
“Fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Healthy options for a vegetarian or vegan. I have been there a few times this month and I would recommend it to anyone. I have not tried the coffee but there are several options and yummy looking goodies.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank kokopuffMichigan
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Coffee and espresso are excellent..but the food really stands out. Excellent salads..homemade soups and sandwiches..lots of choices! Including vegetarian and kids menu..

Visited May 2013
“Healthy option”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

When all you got around is the regular fast options, mug shots is really a great shot. Coffee is great too! Always good to stop here for snack (home made!) or a meal. Thank you!!

• Visited April 2013