Good looking place, but don't let the looks fool you. I speak of the "Jewel Box Room". Almost every wall is on an angle anyone over four feet tall would smack their head if not very careful, I'm six feet. I felt like I was doing a zombie walk around the place. My partner left the closet a bit too quickly and ended up flat on her butt with a sore head. I have no idea why they can't make safe doors. The bed was up against a wall that was mainly ceiling, I couldn't sit up in bed comfortably to watch TV. Talking about comfort, the bathroom has walls that don't reach the ceiling, a window that doesn't open, and no exhaust fan. You can guess the rest of the story.
The breakfasts (I was their for two nights), were very tasty but limited, I hope you're not a big eater, no seconds of anything but coffee and juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax on 65 secluded acres at our Southwest Michigan bed and breakfast, with private lake and walking trails. Book romantic rooms and suites at our Michigan inn and spa with comfy King or Queen beds, whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, and Wi-Fi. Enjoy a full gourmet breakfast, indulge in our on-site spa and enjoy delicious dinners at our romantic Michigan getaway. If you are looking for an inn in Saugatuck area or a romantic Allegan hotel, escape to Castle in the Country B&B Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Castle in the Country Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Country Hotel Allegan
- Castle In The Country Bed And Breakfast Inn