Grand Hotel
US$63
US$70
US$51
bedfinder
# Pachamama Hostel(Sucre)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$10
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel is located in a lovely building with a beautiful courtyard and is in a very central location. Breakfast is not included but it is still very good value. I did not experience any problems with theft unlike some of the other reviewers.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband and I stayed there for two nights just last week. It is a perfect location, the price is reasonable, and the courtyard truly lovely. We did not experience any problems with theft; however, we never use the hotel safe to secure our belongings.

There were two major faults with this hotel. As mentioned by another reviewer, the room was extremely damp - and while there was hot water, adjusting it was tricky and I struggled with it - either it was freezing cold or very, very hot. For this reason I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gallavantinggal
Reviewed 10 December 2010

quite surprised to see all these messages about theft from the rooms. We did not have anything stolen, but then we are always careful : we did not leave anything at the hotel desk, locked our rucksack and daypack (when we left it in the room) with a padlock as we always do. So we did not notice any of the problems other people are talking about.

On the contrary, until I read all these negative comments, I considered this to be one of the best hotels of our trip and there should be no reason to change my mind. The hotel is pleasantly built around a courtyard, the rooms are tastefully decorated (rather than the standard drab white), our room was spacious (a double + single bed as well as a corner with a table and chairs) and clean, the personnel was very helpful and friendly and the price was a mere 16 EUR.

If there are any negative points I would say :
- bathroom without ventilation (as in many South American hotels), so you need to keep its door and the room window open)
- breakfast is not included and the one they do serve is not worth it (but there are several good places for breakfast on the nearby plaza).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2010

First, we had a good experience with this hotel, the room was spacious and eventhough breakfast was not included we felt that it was decent value BUT there are serious problems in this hotel that make us not recommend it.
We were hapily visiting Sucre after leaving off our bags in the hotel, when we saw at the tourist office a complaint by what appeared to be a Bolivian lawyer about this hotel. He described in great detail how his labtop was robbed from the hotel, and that when in the police station, the staff accused the son of the owner of taking things from customers' rooms . We did not know what to think about this so we tried to be as careful as possible though we were kind of in disbelief how such a thing could happen. The next morning we were at the internet room that clearly states that no smoking is allowed and a girl was there smoking. We kindly asked her if she could stop and she not only refused to, but also claimed she was the daughter of the owner and thus could do whatever she wanted. Maybe the son thinks the same about the guests' possessions...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenaGuerra
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The courtyard is pretty and the rooms rather comfy BUT:
- I did not have any hot water, which is unacceptable given the hotel prices (even the most basic hostals in Sucre had wArm water)
- breakfast is not included and is ok, but not much for the price
- I also wondered whether money had been stolen from the cash deposit I made in the staff - as I am not 100% sure I shall not make accusations but reading other reviews I am not reassured
Conclusion: there are better places in Sucre. It did not stay at Hostal Sucre but for a similar price it appears to give better value.

1  Thank Chupita