“Skip Breakfast”
Review of Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sucre
Grand Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Sucre
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed 3 nights and the room was only serviced once. The room was average and could have done with some redecoration, looked a bit grubby too. Bathroom was swimming in water after a shower and didn’t drain so was wet and a mosquito breeding ground.They serve breakfast, if you want, which you pay for but I wouldn’t recommend it. The woman who served us was very rude, practically threw it at me and the crockery was filthy. On the positive side, It’s a central and not too expensive

Room Tip: One away from the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be decent value for money ($19 for a single). The room was large, had 2 single beds, cable TV, private bathroom (electric hot water was variably hot or warm). The mattress was great (room 12) but the base it sat on was uneven, but I still slept well all nights.

There is wifi in the hotel that was decent but the router in the rear section (where my room was) was out of commission, so there was no wifi in the actual room. They told me every day that it was going to be fixed that day, which it never was.

There's a nice courtyard but it was pretty rainy when I was in Sucre so there wasn't really anywhere else to sit (apart from the room). They close the cafe if they're not serving, so you can't sit there either.

Oddly, as someone else mentioned, they did not clean the room even when I left the 'please clean' sign on the door. I asked the front desk about this and they said it was because I didn't leave the room key with them!

Breakfast is a good deal, at 20B's, but make sure you get all that is listed. The first time I ate there they only gave me my fruit salad when I chased them for it and then seemed to resent giving it to me. Weird.

Still, it's good value, and it's very close to the main square and the market. Just remember to leave your room key with reception if you want your room cleaned!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed in a massive room with hallway/greeting area, chairs and desk with separate bedroom (room 18). The double bed was awful and needs to be replaced. Didn't get any sun in the room itself, but in the afternoon you could sit outside the front door in the last of the sun. Courtyard was great. Hot water was hit and miss. Staff were ok, we put the please clean our room sign out for two days and it was ignored by cleaning staff, don't know why they bother having the signs in the first place. Value for money was good given the size of the room. On site restaurant was adequate for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The amazing decoration of the interior patio conquered my heart. The room was fine and clean. The staff was helpful. The american breakfast was a little bit expensive for Bolivia but it was good. Very good location. For us was 16 euros a double room.

Room Tip: I was in the first floor with no inconvenience
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I liked this place a lot. Great location, just off the main square, nice room (no damp in mine), lovely oasis of a courtyard. Agreed hot water was a bit of an issue, but overall for £11 a night, fab value!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This hotel has huge potential but has essentially been run into the ground. Stay somewhere else.

The price is average but we expected more for our money. Our main complaint was that the room was damp and smelt of damp (lower room at the very back)

The staff seemed indifferent and when they did try to help they didn't have the resources to be able to do so. The hotel restaurant was empty.

The location is great (very central) and the layout is very good so the rooms are generally quiet.

The hotel should be closed, completely refurbished and the manager/ment replaced. Until that happens stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Kasanm
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This place is crap! They put me on the top floor and I had to lug 20kgs of luggage up 5 flights of stairs. The service is very poor and I'm sharing a bathroom with about 40 other people. Really bad value for money RIP OFF!! Don't stay here it's awful.

• Stayed: February 2012