“Good If you like heavy metal music”

Wasi Masi Casa de Huespedes
Ranked #15 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Sucre
zürich
“Good If you like heavy metal music”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Twe stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel is ok, very nice stuff. However it gets very noisy once their kids come back from school around 1600. Thats when the bar opens too and they start playing loud loud heavy metal from hell. It drove me nuts. I asked them to stop but they didnt change the music..... otherwise i would have liked this place

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marseille, France
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hostel is well situated close to the main city square. The staff is nice and helpful, the breakfast is ok and the showers are hot. However the owner Roxana invests little of her time and seems to be indifferent about her own hostel. It's a shame since it seems to be what is missing at this address.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cairns
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

From the get go, we were treated very well by staff. We were given breakfast for free on the day we arrived after an overnight bus ride, which was sensational. Breakfast is great with bread, coffee, fruit and pancakes or an egg. We were also shown around the hostel and shown a map of the area on arrival. The hostel is close to everything you need in sucre.

We paid 70bs per person per night for a double room with private bathroom.

There is a kitchen, tv room with plenty of dvds, three different Wifi services to cover everywhere in the hostel, MASSIVE book exchange, courtyard, bar, great laundry service, daily room cleaning and towels included!! What more do you need?!

The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. The shower is warm most of the time, but hot in the early afternoon when people are out and about. The staff always told us to alert them if there were problems with the hot water which was great, but we didn't have any problems.

We had no issues here and found the staff super friendly. Plus there is a really cute dog. Enjoy!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The owner is the meanest person I have met in a very long time. I stayed there for 14 days while taking a daily 8:30am Spanish class, and in that time I ate breakfast 4 times because the staff do not show up until 8:10am to start making it so I never had time to eat there. After finding out that those who show up very late to breakfast get pancakes in addition to the usual dry bread and bad coffee, I got fed up and tried to check-out after my spanish class. The owner originally wanted me to pay for one more night because I had missed the check-out time, but once she realized that I had been there for 14 nights she said that if I had stayed one more night (15 total), then I would have gotten 10% off my entire stay, so it worked out better for her to charge me for 14 nights rather than give me the discount. After several more extremely rude comments, I couldn't handle talking to her anymore, and I dropped my money (which I had pre-counted) on the table and walked out.

She then proceeded to chase me down the street demanding more money than what I actually owed (I was 30 pesos off but she wanted 60), and when I refused to pay her 60 pesos, she grabbed one of my bags from my hands to hold it ransom until I paid, and she threatened to call the cops. Meanwhile, her punk son was behind her filming the whole thing with a cell phone. I ripped my bag back from her, completely lost my cool, and told both of them off. After following me for a couple more blocks, she finally accepted the 30 pesos before leaving me alone.

An experience that extreme usually won't happen if you don't complain about anything. But everyone will get to have the convenience of their reservation getting mixed up or lost, the joy of the dog "Balu" barking excessively at all hours of the night for no reason without the staff doing anything to hush him up, scrumptious dry bread, rotten bananas, and clumpy coffee late in the morning, and the exotic hollering and battering of the staff back and forth across the courtyard all day.

To their credit, I originally stayed for so long because it is a good location, they have large secure lockers and good wifi, the place is clean and fairly secure, most of the other staff are very nice, and I met a lot of cool people there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank maybcrystal

Travellers are raving about these Sucre hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very clean...stayed in a triple with some travel buddies. small kitchen, but didn't use. good outdoor hangout area. spanish only staff. room was clean. nice bathroom which was always clean. good location not a far stroll to the town centre. can't really fault it. didn't really ask the staff for any help, but they seemed willing enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
New York, NY
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Wasi Masi hostel is totally sufficient. We paid $17 USD for a private room with a private bathroom. The bed was effectively a futon mattress on the floor, and there was just enough space for our stuff to be comfortably next to our bed. It was adequately clean and totally fine. There is a nice little courtyard area with some lovely touches, although there were so many smokers we didn’t spend much time in the courtyard. There was a kitchen, although it was tiny and less than ideal, and apparently their book exchange requires that you leave 2 books to take 1 (thankfully, they let me exchange 1:1).

All in all, it was a totally adequate place to stay, but we were happy to have the opportunity to upgrade for the rest of our stay in Sucre.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank OurEpicAdventur... A
Bexhill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hostel is near the centre, one of the cheapest in town, also you get eggs for breakfast which is rare. The book swap is fantastic, there are huge lockers and in the large dorm, all the beds are nicely seperated, giving you your own little personal space, overall really good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo