“Beautiful spot in Sucre”
Review of Casa AL Tronco

and 1 more site!
Casa AL Tronco
Ranked #3 of 32 Sucre B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment I rang the doorbell & met the lovely owner I knew it would be an amazing stay.

He orientated me with the building & also the town & gave me lots of information.

It's such a great place to stay, I was disappointed that I only had 2 nights there.

It's a little walk from the town centre but that also means it's lovely & quiet. Possibly the best kept secret in Sucre.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Up on the hill overlooking the mirador of sucre, this stunning little guesthouse has very welcoming owners, an incredible shared kitchen with a balcony and stunning views of the city below as well as a georgeous little courtyard. Overall, it's a great retreat from the centre (where I was staying for 3 weeks) and really romantic.

We treated ourselves (it was actually cheap relative to other countries) and got the double room (unfortunately just two beds pushed together) at the top with panoramic views of the city, a dinning area and an en suite.

There are plenty of Micros going from town up the hill so distance from centre is not a problem and make sure you go to the mirador cafe which also has beautiful views.

Overall, best place ive stayed so far travelling, although ideal for couples as its not very Sociable. There are only 3 bedrooms(2 doubles and a single) so book ahead! I would, however recommend to the owners that the panoramic room gets a double mattress, not two separate ones.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by Ebo at the door, which was a nice touch after arriving from a overnight bus from La Paz. Ebo was really helpful from the moment we entered. He took 15mins to explain about the area and gave us a map of sucre and suggestions of where to eat and what to see. When we arrived to our room, it was spotless and spacious. The kitchen area at the top has a balcony which has an amazing view of sucre. The place is bit of a walk from the main centre but It only takes 10 minutes and takes you past some of the highlights of Sucre. Overall the owners and the dog are really nice and friendly and I would recommend this as the prefect place to stay in sucre!
From Gareth and Palminder

Room Tip: Make sure you write the address of this place for some reason the taxi driver we had from the bus te...
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Excellent Hostel in every respect. Yes, it is a little walk up the hill from town central, but that gives it great views and it is very quiet. Ebo and Tania couldn`t be more helpful.... The bathrobe and slippers in the room were a nice touch.

Room Tip: If money is an issue, the shared bathrooms are lightly cheaper, but ths place has only a few rooms...
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We are a family of 5 people, and we absolutely loved this place! It's the best hotel we ever stayed in Bolivia. There are only 3 rooms, but they are comfortable, big, clean, and they have a really grat view on the city. There is a common kitchen that you can use and a fabolous terrace on the roof. Owners are extremely friendly, nice and helpful. The best place to stay in sucre!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I extended my stay here 4 times because this place was so comfortable. My stay here actually made me love Sucre more. It's a small, intimate place with just 4 rooms in a beautiful location. You actually feel like you're staying in someone's house (the owners actually live there). Ebo and his wife Tania are wonderful hosts. They have great maps, information and directions to every place of interest. The kitchen is great with beautiful and sweeping views!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2013

In my opinion, this is the best guest house in Sucre and one of the best I have seen in the world. Why? To begin, the owner Tania is an absolute angel because she one of the kindest people I have met in the entire country. She really knows how to make you feel welcome! The room and common areas were very clean and exquisitely decorated. Plenty of hot water and amenities in the room, as well as up on the top floor in the common kitchen. The service was exceptional and the view of the city is simply spectacular. The overall set-up of the guest house is well done. The part that I liked the most is that there is only 4 rooms in the entire guest house which gives that extra element of privacy. I would recommend this guest house to people looking for a place to feel like home. Great job Tania and thank you for your kind hospitality during my week stay. I would definitely stay here agin when I return to Sucre.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo